Posts by Scott_Peterson

^ I have to agree. That man's behaviour is scandalous to me, to say the least. I've been a member over Fractal forum since before the Axe-2 popped out and have been following TGP since then (when I was still on a quest for a digital preamp).

ckemper: I don't buy that Fractal thought publishing axe's profiles over their forum was a move from you. It was clearly a move from an enthusiastic user.
    IMO, the thread was closed because Scott was - for the first time AFAIAC - loosing control over the insurrection against his manifest biasing. He's a strong debater, and his manners usually succeed in turning the discussion towards what he decides. But not this time.
    Anyway, here's a link to the whole discussion should you be interested. I believe you should at least be aware of what's going on.

This is total BS.

I've kept my mouth shut, but this is really too much.

A few facts; and I'll back any of them up for CK in person if need be. This all needs to stop.

I am co-owner of The Gear Page. I do not - for obvious reasons I hope - moderate threads, posts or people in the Digital and Modeling Section of TGP though. I did not remove said thread, moderate it, or have anything to do with how it was handled. We abstain from moderating threads we are involved in as active participants (deferring to impartial moderators to take a look at issues that pop up) and we also will recuse ourselves if a friend or 'non'-friend is involved in the disputed post.

Contrary to popular opinion here, I am not what many people here have assumed nor implied. My bias is clear - I own a competing product. That bias is not in play on the Gear Page though - I do not moderate on KPA threads.

There is a lot of misinformation and flat out untruths here regarding me and my character; I'm only posting this because of all of it the quoted one is untrue, totally offensive and uncalled for.

I have never said one negative word - on ANY forum on the Internet - about the KPA. In fact, I've gone out of my way to note that every KPA I have worked with for clients of mine has been a very good sounding unit. I have not ever once - on TGP nor on the Fractal Forum - spoke negatively of the KPA. I've worked with two clients that had them in their rigs and wanted integration advice with also using it with an Axe-FX II. Strangely, those two gentleman and I never came to blows, had words nor debated the two boxes. They are tool boxes for guitarists and as such - as with any guitar processor on the planet past, present or future - all have their place.

When I visited the Kemper room at the Amp Show last month, I was treated politely and treated nicely in the Kemper room. Even wearing my Fractal shirt (I was giving a workshop at the Axe-Fest Owner's Group down in the lobby).

I invite any of you that have questions or comments that apply to me to contact me directly at TGP. Do not just believe what is posted online at forums. I am not what I am made out to be here.

Fractal posted an interesting clip on the FA forum, of "tone matching" it looks interesting for all of us interested in this type of technology.. between Fractal and KPA future looks bright for us guitar players :)

It also appears you can not only match amps, but isolated guitar tracks too.

The game is afoot!

So this means that if I'm planning on using the KPA live and I really want to utilize what it does the best - profiling different sounding amps and cabs - then my best way to go is an FRFR solution, because it will be the best choice for giving that kind of versatility back?

IMHO, yes. Others have differing opinions.

As I've never ever tried a FRFR solution, I can only imagine.
    So, let's say, a guitar cab is something that is kinda nasal, narrow banded, with being punchy and very characteristic.
    In my imagination the FRFR would be something that is totally clean and clear, flat, not so punchy and characteristic but providing a very reliable and "3D" open sound. Am I more or less correct?

Somewhat. You've heard your amps; you've heard recorded guitars and you've heard mic'd up guitars at shows. FRFR is akin to running a mic'd up amp through a PA. The better the speaker, the flatter the response with FRFR so you merely hear exactly what you put into it coming out of it without color or timbre changes. As with anything, there are a range of performance (roughly following along with the budget price point) in how well a given speaker/speaker system performs this task.

Think of running FRFR as doing everything you do in your signal chain inside the KPA - including the cabinet - and then merely using the FRFR box to amplify it... not color it.

Ah, I understand, thanks! So, with knowing that a guitar speaker is very mid pronounced, how different is the RCF from, say, a PA + guitar cab in terms of tone and feel?

Very different. Moreso than a guitar cab than a PA speaker.

This is a premium FRFR solution. I'd suggest you spend some time on the Fractal Forum in the Amps & Cabs section.

The tone and feel in FRFR come from your preamp; the speaker only amplifies what your preamp puts out. If it is flat output, then you get out what you put in. It's a VERY different paradigm than running a power amp and conventional guitar cab/speaker.

Thank you very much! How does it pronunce the mids? Is it good for low and high mids, the most important frequency range for the guitar?

It does not 'pronouce' the mids at all; it's exceptional in exactly how flat it is. It is flat across the entire spectrum; not razor flat aka "reference" flat; but it's remarkable in how well it communicates whatever you put into it.

The RCF NX 12-SMA is a entry price point professional level solution; it's been in service here both live gigging and rehearsal for me the past few months and I could not be happier with it. Very clear, very loud, excellent headroom and build quality is notable. There are good 'wedges', good 'speakers' and then there are professional level products. This is a good one. Highly recommended you check it out.

If you honestly think that the solution is running away from many absolutely friendly and nice users posting on this board, then ok, fair deal, although I think you're always welcome here if we can just have conversations in the right manner and on the right topics.

Strawman fallacy - I never said "I will run away". I said I won't be here having this conversation about folks going after my integrity as long as there are no folks here having conversations going after my integrity.

Ehhh...I've no idea who you are, Scott, or what any of this is about but I'll assume you're a nice guy who's kind to small children and animals. I have to say, though, I find your presence here pretty strange in that you seem to be here to carry on some vendetta or other from another message board and it all looks a little deranged from where I'm sitting, not to mention tedious and somewhat rude.

Maybe you guys who are involved in this minor car crash can take it somewhere else?

I didn't bring it here, it was decent members of this board sending me PM's with the posts members here were making taking pot shots at me personally. There was/is no need to do that in any discussion.

I have no vendetta, agenda, plan or conspiracy to conduct here. It is deranged; why call my character into question on a board where I was not participating, on a board for a company whose product I've never owned or used and never posted a negative review of?

Trust me; I enjoy the car crash here less than even you do. Please leave me out of the conversations and I promise I am not here having any more conversations with you.

Good grief, am I on the KPA forum? Thought I was getting browbeaten on TGP or FAS lol.
    FWIW I posted my thoughts on TGP yesterday and within minutes was getting flamed. Made a light hearted response along the lines of 'wooops, sorry I forgot where I was' and again within minutes was getting responses where my user name had been 'altered' to shitguitarplayer.
    Now that, Scott, is an example of why a lot of people feel the way they do about the fas and tgp forums.
    If anyone says anything about that behaviour 'it is down to some ppl who are just enthusiastic about the product' (axefx.)
    When ppl on this forum make light hearted remarks about it it becomes 'character assassination? Really?.
    For the best example of character assassination I have seen recently on these forums, look to the way a certain person who did a video review of the axefx which did not come up to fas expectations was assassinated and has been since.

And how was that post on TGP handled by the moderators there? Tell the whole story please. (* Since you probably won't because it won't buttress your implication, the person mocking you was infracted and the offending posts were removed). Your rant holds more water when you leave that part out. If you want to tell a story, tell the whole story.

It's is obvious to see how it will go here; it has already gone that direction. I speak to some of the KPA owners privately, they are good folks with good manners and treat others with respect - even if they don't agree. It is a shame that sort of attitude won't be the norm here evidently. Drink the kool-aid, hate on other folks (just call it in jest or in 'light humor') and make it your own clique; even as you damn other forums for doing the same thing. I've never taken part in that sort of behavior, I find it boorish and juvenile. I don't like it in tube amp owners, Axe-FX owners, POD owners, 11R owners, etc..

A few thoughts - this is now an international board - the product has been released in North America. So all the chest pounding won't endure the Kemper owner group as any different than the perception of the Axe-FX owner group. If anything, it will be worse because many of you that do it should know better.

For all the rips on other people the fanboy aspect and supposed condescending that some have quoted - I think the Kemper board here has jumped to the front of that line. It won't be long due to your own behavior here mocking and 'having light fun' is held in the same light by the rest of the gear and forum world.

Can't leave this without a word. How on earth do you know if, for example, I have ever played an Axe? Actually, I used an Ultra for quite a few months, and had so bad experiences with it that I was happy to sell it off as fast as I could. The whole concept and execution was absolutely bad to me, and I still don't fall for the Axe II's layout and UNease of use.
    If somewhere, why would you not especially post in a company's forum about their or competitive products? Company forums are usually filled with users more experienced in the given unit than anyone else, and so this way you really get your answers from reliable sources. Also, a controlled and of course not personal debate has never hurt anything or anyone.
    And as of me, I'll never ever accept any forms of censorship. I'm from Hungary, we fought and paid too much for whole Europe's freedom and freedom of speech... 1848, 1956.... 'nuff said.

I don't know you from Adam, I don't know what you've played, owned or anything else.

You can hope all you want for a 'not personal' debate when someone posts up stuff about competing product with no context on a company owned forum. Look at this thread. Look at any of the Kemper threads on the Fractal forum. They *always* get personal. They never end well. They never can be civil. Ignore it at your own risk.

I've owned and run forums for over 15 years. I am the co-owner of TGP, which is one of the oldest and largest independently owned/run discussion forums on the planet. I'm not talking out of my arse.

Point of fact: this isn't about 'freedom of speech' and it never was. It's about being civil, appropriate and realistic. That assumes self-restraint. Things folks on Internet forums don't have much of. Flying the 'freedom of speech' flag is a red herring and a strawman fallacy - it's over blown, it's not in context and no one is taking away your freedom of speech on a privately owned board. There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a privately owned and run board; if you truly believe that then try to open up and run your own forum and fire away. It'll be a ghost town inside of a few months. It's ignoring reality and civility. Do so at your own peril.

It is also interesting to note how this thread turned and the direction you are taking it. This has nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread; which is also indicative of how these things go.

Scott do you know whether the AXE will be able to profile its fan noise as well?Aahh if I could only get that noise on my KPA 8o one day!
    Ok ..everything happens for a reason Scott. I believe you get what you give. What goes around comes around..Hey don't get me wrong honestly I don't care about the politics and marketing strategies of FAS or Kemper. I began following the FAS forum 7 months ago( just when I ordered my AXE FXII unit but still queing ..probably will receive an AXE 11 )and I was impressed by the nature of some threads...like the one about the fan noise (in which I was interested actually). Basically the guy who was mentioning the (noisy) problem ended up being told he needed a eardrums transplant or something similar on that line...Absolutely nothing wrong with the bloody fan! If I own a Ferrari I'm gonna say that Ferrari is better than Porsche (and actually it is!) . You're gonna be biased. You can't help it. And that's fair.However in my opinion the bias level on the FAS sometimes is so so over the top that some people are going to react in a certain way towards (maybe) you and other guys who post their noise in there . Probably Guitartone and others 'infaming the FAS FORUM' was told he needed a new set of eardrums or something on that line. There was an action somewhere and that action has been followed by a reaction.Easy like that (besides are you the only one named Scott in the States? ) This is the Other Gear section so would be good (at least for me) to know what you like about the AXE and what are your thoughts so far about the unit. That would be very much appreciated. But politics and other crap? No thanks man.That's my point of view at least. I'm now going to play ...life is too short...

I post my opinions of the gear I own and use on appropriate forums. The corporate Kemper site is not, IMHO, an appropriate place for such posts. I've posted a tremendous volume of my opinions on The Gear Page and the Fractal Forum where appropriate in relation to the Axe-FX.

IMHO, it'd be disrespectful and ridiculous to post anything about the Axe_FX on the Kemper board. I will never understand guys that don't think it is inappropriate to post about competitive products without any experience or relation to the actual companies' products.

I've never played a Kemper; so what business would I have here on the Kemper board posting about the Axe-FX... especially when there is already a Fractal Forum and many 'brand neutral' sites like Rig Talk, Huge Racks, The Gear Page, Harmony Central and more out there?

IMHO, YMMV.

The 'facts' are that I never posted one thing hyping Fractal's profiling. I am not a Fractal employee, and though I do post my opinion, I always present it accordingly.

Your implication by using the term 'henchman' is offensive, my opinion is not bought or sold. Whether or not you like me/hate me or don't care about me - calling my integrity into question will get you a response.

I don't care what any 'hardcore follower' posts; I am responsible for my posts only. Don't just group me in that way.

I didn't ban anyone from the Fractal Forum, except spam-bots. Ever.

On TGP, we expect members to follow the Rules of Conduct they agreed to when they signed up. Nothing more or less. If you break those rules and it is caught, you will be held accountable. Members are not 'banned' or 'suspended'; they accumulate infraction points for breaking rules. The suspensions are software triggered for getting 6 points or more within a 18 month period; after that period those points fall off. The more points you incur (most offenses are 2 points) then the longer the suspension. Nobody banned from TGP ever has less than 12+ points; a number very few (less than 0.0125% of all the members of TGP over a period of 10 years) have ever accumulated. To be a member of that group is extraordinary; there are only a handful of them in existence. Personally speaking, I do not moderate in the Modeling/Digital section of TGP because of the appearance of personal bias because I participate in that section so frequently. Objective moderators handle reported posts in that section, not me.

Again, your facts and assumptions about me are incorrect. Your apology isn't necessary and shouldn't be. You don't have to like me at all, but I will never lie to you nor obfuscate the truth. Please don't turn your forum here into a vendetta filled personal slam-fest is all I am asking; I have never wished Kemper anything but success and if I had the money I'd buy one just to chill out the 'fan boy' crap. I have never upheld, supported or tried to be part of the entire 'us vs. them' thing; I feel it is ridiculous and without any credence. I have nothing but respect for Kemper and the vast majority of members on this board, and know many of them via forums both publicly and privately.

"But anyone doing a search of your posts here on this board reads a whole slew of very negative posts *not only* about something you've never tried, owned, used or heard; but about anyone expressing a positive opinion about it. If I were you, I'd be ashamed of my behavior representing Kemper in an official manner as you do."

It looks that way to me but it is just my opinion. Anyway why don't we stop this non sense guys. Both of you are biased for you own reasons and now everybody knows about it. Why don't we keep discussing about the subject nicely without making any reference to anybody!

I would enjoy nothing more and that's been my only request.

It looks like a plain a simple opinion to me. Nothing wrong with it. Maybe I did not read well between lines but I have to say that it looks like you were intentionally trying to raise doubts about the product and its profiling process. You mention quotes about latency issues, and even about the videos from Kemper, like there is something suspicious about it. If to that you add that you are directly related to Fractal you should understand that your credibility will be affected in this case at least for some people. That does not justify any personal bashing though as anyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Btw, what you just did with Guitartone is the same type of "character assassination" you were complaining about before.

I asked Lance to handle his behavior in the manner befitting someone whom is a the official distributor for Kemper in South Africa. That's hardly 'character assassination'.

It was a breath of fresh air and classy until a few hours ago when something happened that I've never witnessed before in my 15 years on the internet.
    You cannot control Freedom of Speech...what is so hard to understand about that?

Strawman fallacy, there is no free speech on privately owned discussion boards; and no one has said anything about removing your right to free speech.

Really?...reads like an opinion to me.

[Blocked Image: http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1492/scottyp2.jpg]

That's healthy skepticism presented as opinion on the subject of profiling. I never once said anything about the Kemper - except that I hoped it was slammin' - other than what I heard based on clips and noted it clearly while also adding my distrust and lack of confidence in videos and clips to tell anyone anything of substance; my discussion in what you just took the time to go find and post here is of the actual profiling technique - note the date stamp of my post - which you have hidden. Very far from calling someone a 'henchman' and then also slamming TGP and Fractal owners Lance.

I'd expect you of all people - an official distributor for Kemper in South Africa - to be above the fray. But anyone doing a search of your posts here on this board reads a whole slew of very negative posts *not only* about something you've never tried, owned, used or heard; but about anyone expressing a positive opinion about it. If I were you, I'd be ashamed of my behavior representing Kemper in an official manner as you do.