Posts by 7StringJazz

I've made the same suggestion elsewhere. I think it will happen. It would make the KPA a lot more useful and users would get editors, librarians, etc. Keep the interest up and it will happen. KPA already has a bigger eco-system than any other modeler by virtue of its growing list of profiling content providers. If the SDK was developed it would reduce the pressure on Kemper's software team and further its market penetration. Letting Kemper focus on better profiling tech and the underlying KAOS. A win-win. Patents will protect any 'copying and selling at a fraction of the price' IMO. I'm pretty happy with the device as is with the exception of a librarian. Editors are less important to me and could even be an update to the librarian. But if the SDK were available it would speed to market many solutions that Kemper may never think about or get to. Definitely something for Kemper to consider.

That's what I've been doing since the beginning. All of my rig is powered by a power conditioner. (Equi=tech) A simple switch to power up or power down. No problems that I can detect. Most everyone I know does this for line level components and some even do it for amps. I just do it with line level stuff (preamps, processors etc.) Perhaps Kemper will clarify.

By "air" I mean the sense of a sound as an object in space with "air" around it. As in a true sound source. Most modelers give you the sound from a flat surface that comes from a speaker. The mind is not tricked into hearing it as a true sound source. Instead you hear it as a sound coming from the speaker. No depth, no "aliveness", no air. The KPA profiling process captures a higher degree of verisimilitude than any other modeler IMO. That's not to say it's as good as the real amp, just better than all the rest in this category. Playing with the "air" parameter on the AxeFx for instance does little to give you this quality. The Axe gives you the sound, but lacks the sense of aliveness that the KPA does effortlessly. Which is why I suggest if there is anything out there that's better, I haven't heard it.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

You miss the air with the kemper? You should hear the Axefx (I or II) in any firmware version. Lifeless. The KPA captures more air than any other digital solution to guitar tone. If you find something better, do tell. ;)

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

People like DVP, Resonator, Lightbox; what do you aim to accomplish by posting your negative musings about CK's "customer service" skills? DVP, do you think that anyone cares what your background is, as there hundreds of software developers on this very forum, you are not special. Trying to shame or guilt someone into whatever your agenda is, smacks of immaturity and a lack of awareness. No developer of any product is obligated to interact on a public forum with it's consumers. CK humors us and does us a favor by posting on here, threatening his practices like your 1 unit of sales lost is going to tank the company, is ridiculous. Regardless of your proclaimed "experience," I'm am very sure the software you developed was nothing remotely close to the type of technology the Kemper team deals with. The same goes for Resonator, who cares what sort of service company you supposedly owned. Running a janitor service is not the same as running a company like Kemper. Take a step back from the keyboard and try to gather some perspective. Or maybe play your guitar. But criticizing the Kemper team in this thread is A) pointless and B) makes you look silly. The features will come when they are ready, regardless of your demands. There are third-party rig managers available, go look for them.

Cheers. :thumbup:

+1
    Excellent post. I loled at the experts. It's all good though. Online commentary can seem rude quite easily. Best to never take it personally, unless of course it is personal.

My answer is for Kemper to Open source it and let the market do it for them. Feed the ecology. Open up the software specification and watch what happens! Lots of experts abound after all. ;) What's really cool is that product enthusiasts will offer solutions that benefit all and they will get to market sooner offering both the free and paid kind as well as the diy solutions. It's all good.

My kpa continues to inspire in the 6 months I've owned it and if just keeps getting better. Thanks much CK, but think Open Source! ;)

Jay has a very direct communication style which can come off as condescending. Point of fact. That said, there was 1 or maybe 2 people who were responded to unfairly. The rest attacked Jay first.

This. I've learned plenty from his posts. Tangled with him a few. It's all good once you apply the appropriate filters! Jay's onscreen persona is direct and curt, leaving the impression of 'asshat'. Its clear he has his opinions and is biased by years of technical and musical experience. I've had my disagreements with him, but respect his opinion as a audio technologist and musician. And now he has a consumer product out in the marketplace. Doesn't make him right on all things, but his comments on acoustics and speaker tech have to be taken seriously. When it comes to the CLR I take his comments as the word of the designer.

Will deleted the thread with a bona fide CK comment. Isn't that illegal on some planets?!? ;)

This is why even self censorship has its issues. Forum threads are fluid and are 'drunken' walks through any topic. With waves and eddies where the original topic can get in a fatal spiral and never emerge! I missed CK's comment's as well but understand Will's decision as the OP. Would be nice if OP's could moderate their own threads on forums. That way they could exercise some editorial control over the content of threads bearing their names. Hey that's a great idea! ;)

Jay is a troll plain and simple, the guy spews misinformation like there's no tomorrow trying to impress people and (on TGP) gets no recourse from basically joining in to random threads for the purpose of stirring things up and insulting people, not once have I seen him actually help anyone, post any examples to back up his claims or add anything of value to that site. Just recently I challenged his accuracy which he couldn't defend instead resorting just to numerous apoplectic insults, and then got banned from the site for reciprocating a single insult (in fact in a milder manner than his original approach) which lets be honest here is actually pretty hilarious and kinda sums up TGP and Jay nicely.

You were banned? or suspended? Lol! If you were banned thats unbelievable. Any warnings?

Look to the Axe Ultra/Axe II case study for that. There were actually people so mad they wanted to sue Fractal...

Lol. Yes I remember it. It was both hilarious and sad. Just as it will be here. After owning the Axe Ultra for 3 1/2 years I was fine with it being upgraded. I knew it needed some things and Cliff listened and responded with the II. I waited for the coupon, sold my Ultra and it amounted to incremental costs for the upgrade. After 3 1/2 years I was cool with that. Even today the Axe Std/Ultra are killer devices I suspect would satisfy 100% of any line 6/digitech/Avid user. Progress always comes at a cost. Now that Kemper has shaken things up and raised the bar, we can already guess in which direction Cliff will take with the AxeIII! MIMIC anyone? Lol.

Just to be clear. I like both of these devices. I admire and respect both inventors. But you can't look at it from the outside and not see the humor of competition. And I could write a dissertation on the of powers of suggestion on the perception of guitar tone in digital modelers. Hmm, maybe I will. Nahhh, doesn't hold my interest well enough. ;)

IMO this thread is as useless as the flu because the premise, that the KPA is attributed with a too small memory, is totally wrong.
    And having spoken to CK last year a Kemper 2 is definitely NOT on the horizon.

But there WILL be a KPA2. It ain't done yet even on amp tone, and not every issue will be solved in 'software'. Great first step that implemented the vision of how modeling should be. They will learn from it and their customers. Rev2 should be really special! Oops, now I've added to the hysteria!!! I wonder how many people will now fret to the point that they are unable to purchase the KPA for fear another is on the way. The horror

Am I the only one who has only 20-30 rigs on his KPA (and uses about 3 of them :D)?

Nope. You are not alone. 2-3 is the magic average I'm sure. But consider this, how many people do you know who actually change amp tones within a song? Nobody does that. They use the same amp and usually only change voicings/effects within a song. Modelers give you the ability to switch amp tones as well as effects. So now people are switching amp tones within a song and this along with the various 'flavors' ability will bring the average up somewhat. Still to me the issue of memory in particular is a non issue. They can always allow you 'unload' effects as well as profiles to make more room for what the gig requires. You can leave your library of congress collection of amps/effects in your iphone, keydrive, cloud etc. So this is largely a manufactured concern.

Which brings up the issue of core competency and what Kemper wants to hang their reputation on. I think Kemper needs to have one thing that is foremost on their development agenda. And that ain't effects or effects processing or routing options etc. Its amp tones. Pure and simple. Continue refining the profile process. Continue to make amp capture fidelity the primary reason for its existence. Everything else is secondary. Make capturing/playback/recalling amp tones what the KPA is about and it will never go out of style IMO. And that will be true for who ever can do it best. Just imagine if someone comes out with the equivalent of a Digital Fender, or Digital Marshall, Vox etc. And that was all these devices did. Not 100s or 1000s of amps. Just one amp model done best. It would be in every musician's arsenal. Just sayin. Never lose sight of whats most important and reproducing natural amp tones is most important IMO. Let the others use feature abundance as their competitive advantage. As long as the KPA maintains its sonic superiority, that is all that matters.

As Bill Clinton once said; 'Its natural amp tones, stupid' - Words for Kemper to live by.

You've right, anyone of us, more or less, is risking this :S
    Please, post the CURE ;)

Lol! No cure found as yet and as more users move away from tubes and towards digital, there will be more cases of this feature anxiety. Best we can hope for is that users get over it soon without any lingering effects later in life. But I'm not hopeful. Just sayin.

Lol!

The problem is how to make users of digital modelers/profilers less neurotic than users of real amps. The question is how to help neurotically burdened
    digital modeler users from excessive worry and anxieties derived from nothing more than a desire for surplus capacity. 'I don't need it now for anything I do, but I sure need to know that if I do need it, it will be there.' This has been known to cause many a user to lose sleep and to cause emotional contagion in the community. Something simply must be done to help these people be less neurotically burdened.