Posts by mountainman

The new power amp modules are warrantied for another 3 years. But must be installed by a technician.

Valerie, whom you spoke with on the phone, doesn’t handle repairs, know prices or warranty lengths. She handles the back office work and accounting. She directed you to an alternate repair shop, who are great.

As it is out of warranty, any shop can work on it, as there is no warranty to void.

As per the price, it wouldn’t be different if you purchased it from us directly, but we don’t sell power amp modules to end users.

It might be worth getting a second opinion anyway. It is rare we see these modules fail, unless they are totally blown up. Could be one of the two daughter boards.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Honestly, we just moved in and had a thorough inspection. I had an electrician in a few months ago when I last contacted Kemper support because I thought the amp sounded strange through the kabinet.

I am really just upset that Parker from Kemper American said it wasn't covered in the warranty, I spoke to someone from EU support today who said he couldn't say for certain but he doesn't see why it wouldn't be covered.

Best,

James

Just to be totally clear. Parker offered to pay for shipping and comp labor and only charge for parts without even seeing the the damage! So in the very worse case that the outlet fried your unit, you are just paying for a PCB. He is a pretty nice guy. Of course if it was a defect, it will be covered. But Parker met you way more than half way from the start.

Guys,

First - there is nothing fishy going on here. Parker has been doing repairs at Kemper for YEARS, and is a fantastic human being. He has helped hundreds of customers, and we have a corkboard with thank you notes customers have sent, thanking him for getting them sorted out. BUT - he is also the guy who sometimes has to give bad news.

Parker escalated this to me as soon as the unit came in. The jack and the chassis were broken. We have no way of knowing HOW they were broken, we just see what we receive when the units come in. Normally - yes, we can get the jack out without damaging anything, but THIS jack had bent a part of the chassis and taken a piece of the PCB with it. We have seen this before when people accidentally step on the cable on the floor. Not saying this is what happened, but this is what we have seen. We could have just swapped the PCB and jack, but the jack would have always been wiggly and not snug. So, not ideal.

As for the offer of the B-stock unit. It is a Remote from NAMM that was never used, so it was totally untouched, just open box. There was no charge for labor, no charge for the broken PCBs, no shipping charge, and we were only going to charge COST for a chassis, and in return, send a perfect new unit.

Of course, we will work with the customer and find an amicable solution.

I know I paid 6am DST in US Tues monrning and It still says ready to ship. I did get confirmation that they ship evevryday from the Us location. Must be a one man operation. Hopefully it's because they are testing each one before they ship.

No. Multiple men, and women even! Shipping constantly.

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can buy a KPA in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks!

California Vintage Guitar & Amps, JRR Shop, Noisebug, Westlake Pro Audio, Gear Orphanage, Perfect Circuit Audio in the L.A area. Bananas at Large up in the bay area. Then Sweetwater, Alto Music, Nova Musik, American Musical Supply, Zzounds, Maken Music, The Gibson Retail Shop, Calistro Music, Rainbow Guitars, The Guitar Sanctuary to name a few outside of California.

I'm here at work looking around the forum and feel compelled to write up my experiences so far with the kemp.
    Firstly, I'm not as good as the next guy with regards to getting things hooked up and tweaked in perfectly. And I don't have the time to play as I use to. I was never happy with my AxeII or Ultra @ my playing level. It always seemed like the parameters were there to make a bad or ordinary tone to sound better. It was a tease that someday I will know enough about how to tweak in an amp that I will reach tonal nirvana. That with the next update the blanket will be lifted off those bare amp-core tones. It never happened for me. AND! I almost became cynical that I will ever get back to what I knew was good guitar sounds, feeling & behavior. Today I found myself almost worried that when I jump on my Kemper at lunch; it'll sound lifeless, lacklustered or non-inspiring. Was not the case :) The more I play the Kemp the more it raises my confidence that I don't have to worry about my gear so I could work more on creating.
    "I'm HOT for Kemper" too because it "got me there". I am able to take good amp sounds and make them sound better... or not. This FINALLY seems like just the beginning. I don't even have my gear arranged at its optimum because I am stuck playing this one profile. [Blocked Image: http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/CrossHairSB/TheJokenroom001.jpg]
    This is an old attic picture where I play and need to optimally arrange all my gear for a fresh pic. I really like to jam loud with "face-melting" so consider myself an amp/cab kinda guy. Right now I just have it connected in (1) 4x12 but think I should use both 4x12's. What do you think?

Whoa! That looks like a "Back to the Future" scene waiting to happen! Don't get blown across the room :)