Posts by mrpollack

I just came back from my 3 days weekend tour gigs..
    And the audience got crazy in all three places we played this weekend ! And whole my bag with CDs is sold out for the first time since we play with my band ! KPA sounded unbelivable after supporting us band.. with my monitor out (cab sim disabled) to rocktron V250 power amp to DV Mark C212V cab... and stereo output with cab sim on, to FOH :-)..
    Folks were comming over to stage and it was like "WTF is that fancy lunchbox with this huge sound in the house tonght ?!?!?" My guitar was singing like Luciano Pavarotti ;) I love this box more and more everyday 8)

I use Audio Technica AEW4100 wireless system..and I can't get rid of strange,like train running low/mid rumble..Current noise gate in my unit handles hi frequency noise ok but this low typ of noise is annoing sometimes..I'm used to HUSH by Rocktron and this one was perfect in any situation for me ..
    Thanks,

Is there a trick to mounting it in a 4 space rack?

Hi guys
    Actually it's not so smooth process to instal it in 4U SKB..This one I've got has a soft plastic back side with plastic cover...so I pushed a little my KPA bending out plastic (it's quite flexible) ..also I made two small holes in SKB and removed two rubber gaskets (or however you call it in english) from underneath the KPA and catched with screws and tightened it together to prevent any move inside the case..Looks like it works for me :) And now sounds even better when I play ;)

??? What about posting the profile? :D :D :D

I even didn't touch profiling yet..waiting for my Spalwn from retubing..It came back ones, but destroyed by DPD (bent transformer,broken tubes inside..It was double boxed etc..!) ! Now I keep my fingers crossed..This guy packed it in three boxes ;-)..I use available profiles and some of them are really nice..
    I use now this Divided by 13 profile with a little tweeking to my liking..and can't belive my ears..I can feel this amp just staying beside me ..I think I need to see a doctor! Christoph made a dengerous toy ;-)...

My Axe Ultra lasted 2 days after a single session and 2 profiles with this: I don't truly require 2 chains with 4 delays and whatever to get my thing going, and it does one thing no other unit had so far, which is to get that "urgency" to the attack that some amps have. I'm sure you'll be delighted with yours as well. :)

Happy new gear day! :)

Yes,attack thing is amazing with KPA :-)..

Yep me too. I always thought loads of fx sounded good on modellers, not so great on real amps (unless you're going into U2 or pink floyd territory.), and so it is with the KPA. Profiles have such life to them too much fx can actually spoil it if you're not careful.

True ! For first time I enjoy playing guitar with no real amp (modeler) without any effects at all ! Did you check Tony Mckenzie's profile Divided By 13 !? I love it !

Basicaly you are rirht..But I used to have Axe Fx and played 300 gigs with it on my Middle East tour..and it was very hard time for me cause IMHO Axe lacks something major in it's sound..Especially you can feel it on violin string (high position) ..you dont feel a full sound of real map..you can feel/hear thin string under your finger..With KPA you have 100% real tube amp sound everywhere on your fretboard..and to me it's huge deference..Kemper is miles ahead of Axe tonewise IMHO..
    Cheers,

I may be speaking too soon, but haven't had that problem yet, I'm using a Roland GFC-50 controller, I'm assuming you're using the latest firmware on the KPA? Strange that some units do it and others don't..or with only certain controllers, kind of scary if you need to use it live.

Yes it,s 1.04... Looks like DSP can't handle switching over presets.. ?( It's not scary..It's useless in my case if it has to be like this.. X(..

Maybe it's problem with my FCB1010..my switches are a little scratchy (old bustard) and while I press the buttons it sends midi command few times in schort time and it's to much for KPA's DSP..I will have to check other FCB1010 of my friend's today and will see...

It's fixed now :) .I had on all my patches on MFC1010 "Note Direct Select"activated and this was causing problems..I switched it off and since to single problem anymore :)
    Did I say ,that this unit sounds ubelivable..After three days I'm still floored.. :)

I think one thing KPA will need to do is improve how the GAIN reacts and sounds, every profile i've tried(over 600) that u need to add gain, you can only add just a bit, then it starts to sound very unnatural to me, I thought it was just me, had a couple friends come over today and they all agreed it didn't sound natural at all, so i unless you start with the right amount of gain you're going to need, the end result isn't very good in my opinion, it works better if you profile with a bit more gain than you need, and reduce it later, again that's what I hear and my opinion, the Noise gate also could be improved somehow, it works but unless you get it perfect, it affects the attack in a bad way, maybe a few more parameters needed??
    When profiling a sound that you're really happy with in the amp, then the raw sound of the KPA is excellent, very close, I think that's the KPA's strongest, and the way I'll use it, then just adding some effects etc. and it's very easy with all the knobs to edit, I own both the Axe II and KPA, for all sounds that need advanced programing the AXE II is the way to go, and now with the tone matching stuff, it will get very interesting.. :)

Exactly..for me a noise gate should work a little bit better..just like my old Rockron's Pro Gap Ultra "Hush"...Also there is a little bit latency..to my ears maybe 5 ms..In some situations you can feel it..especially with sounds with strong attack and fast picking..but it's not a big deal..Sound and feel of this unit is unbelivable.. :)

Main page of the Kemper homepage.
    Click on the "register your amp" tab. You can also upgrade your membership status there...

Thanks Schneidas
    I've found it already and registered my KPA :)
    Cheers,