Posts by webdiver

be careful there is a "Kemper Profiling Amplifier BK Rack" and a "Kemper Profiling Amplifier BK PowerRack" in this online store. Your order would be processed correctly, without giving you the wanted poweramp.

I have Bundle 2 which is great but Saturday i brought the Triple Rect, Blackstar series one and Mesa mark 2 from bundle one. This weekend i tried out the mesa tock the memory stick to the gig up loaded the profiles went through them and used the triple Rect one i liked the most. Im a big Nickelback fan and love their guitar tone Big and massive with lots of definition and NO FIZZ!!!!!!! and my does this Triple Rect sound just right!!!!

Sounds cool, thanks! :thumbup:

hi Michaelmellner,

thank you for your fast response.

And, by the way thank you very much for your very comprehensive tutorial!! :thumbup: It already helped me in decision making and in building up my plan on how to use the Midi Raider.

Currently, I think I will configure it with 5 preset change and 10 instant access switches. The instant access issue, is something that could be read here in other threads and also on TGP. If I understood it correctly, it is about syncing the midi board switches with the KPA, when changing presets/rigs.

Example: If I have a rig configured with e.g. reverb and wah set to be on. Now, I change to a different rig, where no effects/stomps are set on, the switch on the midi board might still be showing reverb and wah set to "on". Some people are telling, they need to press the switch two or three times, before the status would be in sync for both devices (board & KPA). One way to get around this, should be the fact to programm all presets separately in accordance to the rig settings.

Is that something you could confirm?

greenblob, this looks quite nice!

As I am about to get a Rocktron Midi Raider, and having studied the user manual, I wanted to ask how you have configured your switches for the stomps and effects. Are you running them in global mode, or have you configured the switches per preset?

How do you deal with the instant access issue when changing presets?

If a rack version, which one would it be? Standard or power rack? And would you add another 600,- Euros for a power amp? Me, I'd stay with the "original" Kemper, and still keep questing for an appropriate amp solution, always depending on the specific situation.

One question, would it be possible to use the power rack just as a plain Kemper?

Honestly, it almost seems unbelievable, that one has no Kemper, but is able to condense this absolut perfect piece of work.

Rather than asking CK to gift a new toy, why do not we the KPA community donate the Kemper to Mr. wiKPA? I think he deserves this. Let us find a charity/donating option on the net and let have us viabcroce have his unit.

i am also experiencing this problem, also with mine, after shutdown, the led screen glows red even if i unplug the power supply it stays red for ages .

I had the same issue and it was solved quickly with the support of the great community here. Just boot and re-install firmware from a fresh / blank USB device. (further info to be found here and the great description can be found here ).

Problem solved!

Direct firmware re-install with booting from USB device solved the issues immediately.
    Thanks to dvp and thank you to Armin for the information (http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm).
    And even the wiKPA does have this documented very well in all details on page 16.

So, if your Kempers sounds "different" or the display is flickering in red when shutting off, just re-install the firmware.
    And now worries, in my case all profiles where still there after the installation.

This is a great community here! :thumbup:

I assume, that my Kemper is suddenly broken/malfunctioning. Just from one day to other it is not working properly, without changing anything.

1/ Symptoms:
    - Display is flickering in red when shutting off the Kemper. This is lasting for quite a while. Even if I deplug the power cord it is still flickering for about 10-15 sec.
    - The sound is awful from one day to the other. Sounds like out-of-phase, distorted, with echo, just very bad.
    - Any reset and firmware update didn't help.
    - No changes, when using the Kemper stand alone with only guitar and headphones plugged in.

2/ Setup:
    - Kemper (black)
    - KPA -> main outs (l/r) -> focusrite saffire pro 10 -> MacBook Pro via firewire -> Logic Pro 8
    - Firmware: was 1.5.2.7, updated to 1.5.4 now.
    - The setup worked fine for months, without any problems

3/ What I have done so far:
    - Reset the Kemper as discribed in the wiKPA (tried about 5 times now)
    - Deplug everything and replug only the Kemper
    - Updated to newest firmware (1.5.4)

4/ Really, you haven't changed anything?
    - Well, the only thing I did, is plugging in a FV500H expression pedal to "Pedal 1" with a balanced cable. But I did this already the day before, and there everything worked fine.

Any advice / hint is very much appreciated. I think I won't survive christmas break without my Kemper. ;( Please help!

Cheers,
    Knut