Posts by mba

At 1600 euros i think it's too expensive.

I paid mine 1300 euros (B Stock) and i think it was the correct price.
    I would probably buy another one if that would cost 1300 euros but not at 1600.

It's crisis here and a buck is a buck.
    Do you think that it's too expensive and that Kemper lose sales?

After more testing i like the 2.6 version.
    It's more easy to profile i never have to retry. I was not using refining in the past because i found that it compress the sound and exhibits nasty frequencies.
    Now i do refine and it works well, i think as it should be.

Ck said that profiles are purer that's my feeling too.

Read the document coming with the update. In fact, they reduced the lows below 60 Hz and not increased it and you can switch off this correction.

As always, a reamped clip will help you to know if you are right.

I know for the lfc that's what surprised me, less low end but muddy middle now (with old profiles) though i've not made reamp tests.(just by ear so i can be wrong)

I've made tests with the new profile algorythm this morning, comparing profile record to the mic record but it's difficult due to the reverb of my music room.

By the way do you find that 2.6 = reference amp on this example, because here they all 3 sound different, probably always due to the room reverb for the reference amp record. (same issue here for me when i try to compare)

Thanks for this test.

This test exactly reflects the change that we have applied to the profiling.
    We did not really "tweak" the profiling algorithm, instead we simply took away an internal parameter, that was a bit "tweaked too much" at first place. The profiling is "purer" now.

That's for the new profiling algorythm.
    How was made the low frequency correction? I found all my profiles sounding quite muddy with 2.6.

Wise comment.
    At a first listening I though there was more than a low end correction.