Posts by mba

Hi! Thank you for your feedback!

The profiled chain was Fuchs ODS 30 (clean channel) -> Torpedo VB-101 with two IRs loaded (close miced and room). The output of the Torpedo went into the return for profiling.

Initially, the profiles were not spot on. No matter what I do during refining, there was always something lost in the low end. Using the Torpedo Eq (fixed bands) I tried to compensate it and send to the profiler a signal with more low end. It worked and the profiles were closer to the real tone, but the eq in the Torpedo is not versarile enough to fine tuning it.

Why not try to send the signal into your DAW and tweak it inside?

I use a cheapest way with a loadbox into my DAW and i apply IRs. It works fine.
    I want to add Nebula into the signal path. I hope that this will work too.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rigexchange profiles are stored into the rigmanager's db file.
    The profiles of my Kemper are stored into another .db file.

Both .db files are used by the RigManager during synchronization so i have a question.
    I wonder if my own profiles are synchronized with Kemper's server too.

I need a clear answer. :whistling:
    (basically i should not see my profiles going thru my internet connection, my profiles are my property)

Even if the room is not captured by its length, all room reflections - and their typical overlaps and cancelations, that create a characteristic frequency responce - are captured in the profile.
    When mic's are close to the speaker (< 30cm), the room can be neglegted, IMO.

I'm 100% agree with this. :D

My answers for 1 & 2

- The tonestack cannot have center frequencies. They fluctuate by the gain settings, just as a real tonestack does.
    - The dynamic is not changed when you change to the browse mode. However the simple volume of the rig can change to the required unity volume, after the profiling process is finished. I have explained this fact to you last year :).

If you are not sure about this technical fact, send me a clip before and after, I will set the volume of both clips to equal levels, so you can hear that the dynamics or colour has not changed.

1_ I don't get it. The center frequencies move with gain? (level) That's what you see on scope or what the maths told to you, because a complex impedance is only related to frequencies.
    By the way i remember one Marshall schematic which provide center frequencies for the tonestack.

2_That's what you said to me and Armin. The fact is that we have experienced some changes during the store process.
    How many times did you say that there was nothing and there was a bug? ;)
    I will check with a record, i experienced recently the same feeling, a loss in dynamic when switching to the browse mode. Perhaps i was wrong.

The core sound is exceptionnel IMO, just you don't get it at 100% because you loose dynamic when you switch to the browse mode.
    As i said if you think that the input is not so so, take an high level interface, plug your guitar in it, send the signal using spdif, get the result in spdif and monitor on your high level interface.
    Believe me you will have no more doubts about the core.

You should try an other audio system for the input and output then send the signal using the spdif into the Kemper and get it back with the spdif out.
    It will set the Kemper's in/out out of the equation.
    That's how i work if i think i have bad inputs with a gear.

1"10 for 1247 rigs.
    Yes 1247 rigs, you can. Go into the system tab and import the system rigs.
    So all in all i think it is faster than the Axe II now. :whistling: