Posts by mba

Is available into the KPA.
    I'm playing with IRs since 2008 and it's clear for me that the best cab's IR available today are provided with the profiles of the KPA.
    If i sell my KPA that will be the most important thing that will miss to me.

I planned to make a capture of the most useful of them (and a few of mine) in case of. I don't want to have to buy IRs one day from a third party company with the doubt of buying IRs coming in fact from the free KPA's library. :rolleyes:

They should release a small box, the Kemper's cab reader.(or a plugin)
    I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Sure, a computer could handle it but what about when you're running it with 20 other plugins? No thanks. I prefer hardware for my guitar tones.

I don't think it needs too much power.
    If you look to Kemper's history you will see that CK worked on distorsion engines for his synthe.
    My guess is that this is the start point of the KPA.
    They first tried to reproduce all kind of distorsions with synth technics then they discovers that with signal analysis (last signal's theory technics) there were possibilities to retrieve these parameters from a circuit. A new gear's idea (the KPA) was born.
    Getting these parameters and setting the distorsion engine that's what does the KPA and it works pretty well.

Your PC has much power than any DSP. I don't think it's a matter of power.
    When you come into effect's integration you have to deal with your PC and in this case having the KPA connected to your PC is not pleasant.

I don´t think there ever will be a plugin for that. As far as I can remember the technical aspects don´t really allow it and it would be a bad buisiness decision.

What technical aspect?

I'm joking. I hope that there will be a plugin one day.
    For studio you don't need the box IMO.

Bel hommage mérité auquel je m'associe comme un fainéant. ^^

My Kemper is a quantic machine, i don't know how it works and what it does.
    I have no loops and there are issues when changing cabs but other people have other issues, it's a quantic machine. Who can explain that? ;)

It's automatic and it does not appear in the localy folder but there is a specific Kemper folder created.
    All your profiles are imported in this folder automaticaly. It's slow, 1 profile per second here.
    I think the RM build a unique DB file on your hard disk.

Hmmmm, profiler in Audio settings? We will have soon a new audio interface? :whistling: