Posts by kilihahn

just came home from a pretty funny little concert. concert might be the wrong word though, because it was more like a jam-session. i know the drummer for a while, but we only do this like once a year and the bassist was more or less a volunteer from the audience... anyways, lot's of fun. interesting for you digital fellows maybe, because we played with an interesting (mini-)setup: guitar straight from kpa to mixer (taf manrock with some tweaks like an occasional recti-shaper), bass straight from kpa to mixer (radioactive, one of the svt ones, don't know exactly which, just uploaded these some minutes before it all went down) and "instant drums" (drumkat trigger right into bfd3). all that powered into a rcf tt+ 4000 watts pa to the bleeding ears of a couple a hundred people...

since i hosted the bfd plugin in ableton live it was obvious to hit the record button... it's the untweaked mix apart from some ableton verb for resemblence of the hall we playeded in... enjoy if you like - but don't listen too closely, it's a "first meet jam" after all... :)

there you go

i keep telling clients about the "vicious triangle". it consists of "cheap", "fast", and "good" - and it never happens all at once.
    what we get from the dudes at kemper is "for free" and "exceptionally good". go figure...

I just had 1 report recently from an FCB+KPA user, who said :
    "The only thing I've noticed, that the first switch action after powering up to another sound with the FCB takes somewhat 1 second. All following switch actions I can do during songs without noticeable delay."

all my kempers do exactly that, also when using the frontpanel switches to change rigs... only the first change after booting up takes a while, then it's quite responsive - also via midi.

i have it and i like it. combined with the powerhead it's one truly portable system. for small session gigs it's all u need and you can go there on your bicycle...(!)
    but i don't think you will keep your cab-sims on. it sounds better without them... it's not the only cab i would ever want, but it has all my love for being so unbelievably light...
    and the matrix guys offer the best customer support i ever experienced. just saying.

I also own the Powerhead, and independent enable control of cabs for the two outputs would be useful. Don't know if they are hardwired internally (I suspect this may be the case, as the power amp could use the monitor amp out as source since it is dedicated mono), or if connection is made solely by the FW. If it is changeable via FW, I would certainly appreciate the capability.

And yes I do read the manuals. A lot. I started before I actually had the Powerhead. Both of them. But there is a lot of stuff in them, and finding what you need can sometimes be challenging. Would be useful to have a cheatsheet listing of some sort which breaks down the submenus and soft buttons under each major heading, rather than doing it all via text descriptions. It would probably need to be updated after each FW release but at least would provide a more visual map of the controls locations and how they operate.

from the manual:
    " The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your Kemper Profier to all kinds of 8 or 16 Ohm guitar cabinets, as well as passive linear cabinets. It is internally cabled to the Monitor Output, so you can use all the features of the Monitor Output for the power amplifier as well. Please refer to the “Output” chapter of this manual for more detailed information."