Posts by kilihahn

well, i'm not a math teacher myself, but your calculation seems odd to me... 8| i'll stick to my 1,2 kg estimation though... ;) it's not stereo and there was no word on the upgrade price yet. but i don't suspect it to be cheaper than the difference in prices between powered and non powered head which will set you back roughly 600,-€

edit: stupid me - forgot to mention kpa-solutions with a whole lineup of guitar-focused fr-speakers. powered and unpowered, but when powered, then without dsp aka latency. the 212fr-a seems to be a winner if it's not too heavy for you...

ordered a powerhead some time ago (thomann) and they always showed availability for like end of march... since end of march is getting nearer i was just checking again and now it shows early may?

both wrong ;) the amp will add less than 2kg, i don't remember exactly, but i think it was like 1,2 kg. the qsc k 10 doesn't get too much love anymore, yamaha dxr seems to be the new (budget-) kid in town. but be aware: these add additional latency to the kemper signal which will ad up to around 5 ms. if that's a concern of yours - i don't know ;)
    have a look at atomic clr and matrix q12a also, these are considered to be the best choices available... have fun!

Pardon the silly question, but have you tried explaining yourself?

maybe it's just a misunderstanding and he'll back off when he realizes you didn't know what you were doing?..

big +1 to that! the easiest way for sure! not only that you didn't know what you were doing but also to put some perspective on how you did NOT become rich and famous by maliciously maltreating his copyright. as i assume you didn't, it really should be enough that you're sorry. send him a song you wrote for him... :love:
    ...maybe not a cover-song :pinch:

wisely spoken. i'm still hoping for dedicated high- and lowpass eq and a dedicated headphone eq though. i really can't see why this is not gonna happen. please?

Thanks for the profiles. Very unique sounding amp.
    Did you use the same old mic's and strips when you did the first cranked profile ?

unfortunately not. the burn-profile is from pre-production stage where i was experimenting for myself with less complicated setups. it's a single e906 hanging right down the grill, routed through a tla ivory channelstrip back into the kpa. monitoring was done through a fullblown rcf tt+ pa which led to a more midrangey sound (compensating for the shiny rcf pa and a bright and boomey room). still quite outrageous vintage cranked sound through this very pa at gig-volume btw... for recording now, i use the glorious greenback cab from armins latest warm plexi. it's a killer-profile this way. for some reason the kpa "invented" more gain while profiling (i think it "misunderstood" lots of compression for distortion) and made intersting adjustments while refining. the endresult is now closer to the amps saturation and grit, while almost sounding like a dual amp setup (grit and compression on one & more crunch on the other one). this works best with the mentioned cab from armin. very srv-ish, i love it. with thin singlecoils it becomes a bit over pronounced, but then you have the plexi for a smoother variation. seriously guys: highly recommended!

Played it all night kilihahn absolutely killer thankyou very much! :thumbup:

glad to hear that, i was sort of expecting good results with an es, unfortunatley these are still on my wishlist... ;)

thanks for the kind words fellas. you're warmly welcome ;) regarding more breakup: will is right and this is what i'd recommend as well, but since we did some more experiments, i thought you might wanna check out for yourselves - so i've added two more profiles to the exchange.

it's the same amp, but driven harder. the original cab in this case is miked with a single e 906 and more processed via tla ivory channel-strip. not the same quality as the clean one, but maybe nice for recording-ready vintage burnout. enable post eq to tame the midrange if you like.

the other one is there mainly for demonstration purpose. switching cabs works well and the matchbox 2x12 (from the nashville sessions i believe) adds some different flavour. i didn't try for ages, but if you own the new greenback-cab from armins latest plexi (the warm one), give it a try. very very nice. also with the plexi itself :P

hi fellas,

as promised (somewhere), here's the latest profile of my beloved deluxe combo.

vintage purists look elsewhere, this is NOT some ancient vintage fender. it's an ingenious "reissue" by gerd mingl from audio amp co.
    one of the "main features" of this little amp is the speaker, which is a custom made fane 12" alnico only available through audio amp co.

for profiling we used a blend of an old shure sm 7 (yes, this is not a typo) and a neumann tlm 127 through some tla channelstrips (with intentional subtle phase-something going on). the profile's name is aac deluxe l(r)p, which means it's tailored to a gibson les paul, a lee roy parnell '57 goldtop equipped with ron ellis humbuckers in particular. this is not your usual hard rock axe and the pickups are on the brighter side (like original pafs), so it might be a bit dark for other les pauls. since i like it rather warm it might accidentally fit to some users' strat and tele preferences. anyways, i found it pretty easy to adjust for different guitars with the kemper tonestack. for a suhr guthrie govan (the antique modern one) i had nice results with bringing in bass, middle and presence, dialing down treble and activating the stomp compressor.

since for some reason i can't log in to the rig exchange today, you'll find it here EDIT: up on exchange now.

this one is about pure amp tone so add fx as you wish, you won't find it in the rig.

these recording-snippets feature exactly the untouched profile, exept for guess what: fx.
    you're hearing the kemper as a direct recording, just with added plate reverb from a strymon flint, some diamond stomp tremolo and an okko twin sonic drive pedal occasionally in the background. amp tone is pure kemper. it's a very rough first mix, no eq-ing, plugins or what not. drums & bass are "real", so it demonstrates: the kemper blends well...

just a side note: no, the profile was not a 100% match, but it was close enough that we decided to use the profile instead of the actual amp.

here's a crappy iphone pic of the amp sitting in the vocal-booth:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8557148/fotos/_transfer/temporary/aac_deluxe.JPG]