Posts by Stringtheorist

1. More flexible signal routing options, including a parallel path with equal processing options to the primary path.
    2. More FX blocks/processing available on a signal path.
    3. Multiple rigs available in a "scene", with the possibility to have them routed in parallel, or morph between them. Use scenes on the Remote, meaning no dropouts when switching rigs.
    4. Bigger Remote controller with brighter backlighting and more flexible switch programming ("layouts").
    5. The ability to adjust rig level up/down and store on a single button press.
    6. Replace the Remote's ethernet cable connector (mine keeps breaking) with a robust, XLR style connector.
    7. A graphical representation for both Parametric and Graphic EQ controls in the UI like those found in modern, browser-based mixers.
    8. The ability to assign output EQ and level controls (or other custom controls) to knobs on the front panel.
    9. Synth engine.
    10. "Global Rigs" feature, allowing rig parameters to be shared across different slots and performances.

I'm trying to work out a solution for switching quickly from electric to acoustic during the course of a song/performance. I was hoping I could switch in/out with the Kemper Remote but it doesn't seem to be possible with the Profiler only having a single input. If anyone else is performing material with both electric & acoustic, how are you achieving this? An external switcher? How are you amping and processing your acoustic?

1. More flexible signal routing options, including a parallel path with equal processing options to the primary path.
    2. More FX blocks/processing available on a signal path.
    3. Multiple rigs available in a "scene", with the possibility to have them routed in parallel, or morph between them. Use scenes on the Remote, meaning no dropouts when switching rigs.
    4. Bigger Remote controller with brighter backlighting and more flexible switch programming.
    5. The ability to adjust rig level up/down and store on a single button press (see my recent thread on this).
    6. Replace the Remote's ethernet cable connector (mine keeps breaking) with a robust, XLR style connector.
    7. A graphical representation for both Parametric and Graphic EQ controls in the UI like those found in modern, browser-based mix.
    8. The ability to assign output EQ and level controls (or other custom controls) to knobs on the front panel.
    9. Synth engine.
    10. "Global Rigs" feature, allowing rig parameters to be shared across different slots and performances.

There is really only one thing I need that the Kemper currently doesn't offer but it is sufficiently important to have had me trying all the competition in the modelling market and even considering going back to an amp + pedals setup. That is, the inability to adjust the balance between rig levels on the fly during a gig. It is not practical to have to jump on my rack during a performance, make an accurate level adjustment from the front panel and then hit "Store" twice. Of course, I try and get my levels balanced at rehearsal so that it's not necessary to make adjustments during performance but inevitably there will always be points in a show where a solo isn't loud enough or clean and dirty rigs in a performance aren't balanced, etc.

The Axe-FX footcontroller has a feature where the current scene can be levelled up/down and saved on a single button press. Would it be possible to implement something similar with the Kemper Remote, where the rig level is increased/decreased and stored with one of the switches? It appears that the KPA architecture doesn't allow this but I would be interested to know for sure.

I guess it's mainly when I'm strumming that I notice it, to be fair.

I love the acoustic simulator algorithm; it's become an absolute godsend for creating patches since I do such a lot of prog rock stuff requiring acoustic sounds. However, I have noticed a tendency for my guitar to produce nasty pops when I have this effect engaged. I don't know whether the Kemper is simply amplifying cable crackles or such, or whether the Kemper itself is producing the noise, but the pops are very loud and annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm reckoning that you record your chord pads into a the looper then morph your preset to a higher gain.

Or just switch presets.

I can see how I'd use morphing to change from rhythm to lead tone (if switching rigs isn't possible). I'm trying not to use the Looper though, as I generally keep it switched off on the Remote to avoid kicking it on by accident during performances.

I want to use the Freeze feature to create sustained chord pads for soloing over. While I understand how to achieve this in the Reverb block, it seems that the reverb effect must be engaged when the Freeze button is pressed in order to generate the pad. Is it possible to set this up so that the pad can be generated from a dry signal?

Secondly, how can I set up a performance so that when I switch from one rig to another, the pad effect continues to sustain without drawing its signal from the new rig? ie. Create a clean sustain pad using rig 1, and then change to rig 2 for a solo tone over the clean pad... ?