Posts by JJ

I agree with all above- i have the same issue and same problems with my liquidfoot and kemper

I LOVE the guitar sound on rebel Rebel and also interested to note that Alan Parker played it through a fender.
    I do know that Ronno used a fender princeton for some of the clean parts on Ziggy Stardust
    Im also lucky enough to posses a Marshall 200 Pig- same type Marshall amp Mick Ronson used in the early Ziggy days.
    Its has some very strange circuitry and the Kemper hasn't managed to capture it like it should-Ill get there eventually im sure

since I'm something of a psy electro space rock kinda guy....
    Wave shaper rules ! The TC g force had a distortion like this.
    great for electronic stuff or when you want a brutal distortion out of the norm.
    Ive also always been a big fan of the gonkulator- great to see ring mod in there CK
    well done

yes the silver orpheum fuzz is THE ONE
    the other one is errr ummm....rather interesting !

JJ

ps- thanks for the love guys !
    i have a few more fuzzes-will throw them up when i get time

Hello me fellow kpa groovers

I know this is a bit left of centre- but I just downloaded a 60s Orpheum fuzz to the rig centre.
    The Orpheum fuzz was also know as the Mannys fuzz and was used on many a fine 1960s Biker and Spaghetti Western film track.
    Spluttery silicon goodness ! I believe The Edge also used one of these on a U2 album.
    I recorded it direct thru and old vintage HK bass master (it takes fuzzes really well).
    Don't expect any "niceness" from this fuzz.It's pure evil with heaps of attitude to match.
    Was a total bitch to profile too-still got there in the end -hope some of you will enjoy

X
    JJ

thanks for the sweet comments gang.
    Vamps are very underrated amps and tend to walk that line between Vox and Hiwatt
    In regards to the vampower cab- inspired by Tills cabs , I really wanted to give the vampower cab a bit of dimension and grunt-glad you dig it London Jeepster!.
    for those of you into vintage studio preamps, i also used an original Trident A range pre with the telefunken mic.

when i get time.. i will profile the "T. Rex" Vampower mk1 head . She still has her original Mullards in her and should come up a treat
    again, thanks for the love

JJ

In the 70s Brit tradition of Vox/ Hi Watt/ Sound City/ Orange/ Triumph...

Here is one of my fav amps- a very rare 72/73 Vampower mk3 leadmaster head with a Vampower 4x12 cab.
    Classic Brit crunch with a bit of 70s glam rock slapback delay added.
    These amps were used by Marc Bolan of T.Rex. You can read about them on my site http://www.vampower.com
    The cab is a bright sounding cab. I used two mics -a 57 and a Telefunken copperhead about 8" away for a bit of added room ambience.
    The amp was miked LOUD!
    70s output valve distortion can be a beautiful thing!
    hope you all enjoy!
    Im glad we can bring wonderful rare amps into the future this way via the Kemper

JJ

Can you explain what do you mean with tricky bottom end and dimensions?
    Thank you for your help.

-when you hear a 4x12 cab or open back 2x12 - you are not only hearing the speakers- your'e hearing 1: reflections of the back of the cab 2: the way the bass of the cab vibrates the floor and 3:also the sound bouncing off the walls- ie: dimensions of sound. Its difficult to capture this in a sim even with distant/room miking techniques. (tho Till seems to have a good handle on this in his cab sims)
    So- when we profile something-its not only the amp and speaker we hear- its the room and environment as well. Also how the loudness of the cab effects all this.
    Sometimes an amp sound doesn't require this and other times it does. You can "spice" up dimension by using short delays and room reverbs.
    -hope this makes sense

JJ