Posts by JJ

I use a verve FBT 12 with the Kemper
    -its good but not perfect. I don't have problem with its mids. I monitor on Adam 12x7s and find all translates well between Verve , Adams and Kemper.
    If anything- the bottom end is a little tricky with the Verve 12. Also- believe it or not.... dimension. I also try and replicate the sound of a 4x12 cab in a small room. I generally add some boxiness from the Kemper reverb or a 9 ms delay. I find it helps the Verve sound more like a cab....and thats my personal taste here. As often said before FRFR is a very complicated beast.
    Now-having said this..i once had to use a cheap nasty JBL with my Fractal last year and that monitor sounded utterly incredible at the gig. I was so tired after the show i forgot to write the model down. So there you go...If you have the option to try a few monitors out- do so.
    Also looking forward to the CLR monitors.

my deepest congrats on the cabs too. Cabs are just so important to profiling.
    again -awesome effort and much admiration.
    Tyler- you've set the bar ...and thats no mean feat!
    JJ

Which firmware version are you coming from? 1.0.6 had a nice latency reduction, if you have come from an earlier version then you will probably notice. Not sure if they have manage to further refine this from 1.0.6.

Spence

-im coming from v6. Been playing a while tonight and really enjoying this update. I really enjoyed v4 too. As i said- it may be in my head- but this update feels great.
    Just can't put my finger on why.

could this be midi spam ..maybe
    Ive been using the new Liquidfoot 12 + midi controller for 3 weeks now
    What I'm really loving about it is you can match the IA lights to be the same colour as the Kemper fx lights-wow!
    Yes it has individual light square displays for program and ia changes. It can also be programmed using a mac or pc editor.
    I sold my fractal mfc controller to get this baby and I'm digging it with the kemper, even though the kemper has limited midi ability

highly recommended
    (no- I'm not sponsored by liquid foot)

all good from my end here too
    hmm- latency feels better- is that in my head?

i like the fact that some people just love or hate the Kemper
    Id rather choose interesting over bland anyday. There was outrage over the fact it wasn't a rack...oh dear me-!
    Art deco sci fi all green and silver and i love her looks

..to this day
    i still swear by the convolution reverb in revalver. I have not found anything that gives me a room sound like that.
    i was hoping that the speaker room in Axe 2 would active this but alias - no.
    When i hear the old masters like Mick Ronson and Brian May - i hear this wonderful dimension that i strive to achieve in irs.
    Obviously very hard to get. "Dimension" is an important quality in speaker sims. I hope Chris looks at convolution reverb in the future

Out of every modeller I've used- I've found that the Kemper takes to fuzz like no other.
    I have a few mk1 tone benders and a a number of DAM fuzzes and the Kemper responds to them all like a vintage amp.
    *great work Chris :)

i have no shame in calling my Kemper a "she" !!!
    you know -you have to be honest about these things.....
    And i also think "sHE" looks very sexy in a kind of fifties radio/ telefunken/ sci fi / start trek/ BORG-kind of way

XXX
    JJ

The kemper feels more immediate then the axe to me- and I'm very fussy with latency- so much so- many computer modellers just frustrate me.
    But the Kemper not only sounds great but she feels the best out of the many I've had

Ive proposed doing a similar thing to kemper live over the internet via protools.
    my answer back from Kemper was...maybe possible.
    Would be amazing if we could do this
    JJ

I have both....and am unbiased! really!

What i can tell you is the Kemper has a better feel live than the fractal.
    The Kemper is more responsive to pedals too . The Kemper loves a fuzz pedal
    The instant tweak ability of the Kemper is a real plus too.