Posts by Miktan

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I do not really follow but thats probably because of my unclear question and english :)

I have the input locked as you say but what I meant was that if you have several rigs and you want to go thru them quickly it is good to use the same settings for i.e. reverb and delay. I lock them at reasonable effect levels.

Then I walk thru several rigs and suddenly I find one that I like. I perhaps tweak the bass, middle and whatever and then I want to save it.

At that point I do not know what the original reverb and delay was and if I save the present rig, and not a copy, I store the locked versions and overwrite the originals, and they are lost.

You write that it should warn each time I store but if I hit "STORE RIG" in rig manager I get no warning.

Mike

Hi

Often if you buy rigs there is a lot similar profiles with differnt mikes, mike placement etc.

Sometimes there are different effects in the rig an somtimes none. To compare rigs I add moderate delay and a reverb and then lock them. If I tweak a profile and ”save rig” I owerwrite the original effects which I perheps not want. I would like to have a warning before save - ”are you sure you want to overwrite original settings” or similar.

Mike

Hi I thought I hade the same problem first. When I tried to close rig manager it said that it was still working.

I closed anyhow and started again. It then said that the Stage had to be updated to latest OS and I realized I had not done that correctly.

After I followed the instruction carefully it is now up running with no issues and I am very happy :)

I hope it works out for you.

Mike

I would like to add a column for "Own comment" just as the column "Own rating¨

I could comment which of my guitars the rig suits, note if it is clean, crunch, solo, high gain or whatever.

And since I run the Kemper Kones I would really appreciate imprints of Scumback 75, Classic Lead 80 and Roland Jazz Chorus speakers.

Hi

I often use a short slapback mono delay (140 ms, low or no repeats) to widen the sound.

I wonder if I can place it before the amp section in order to save a stereo module after the amp.

Is it negative to place a slapback delay before the amp?

Mike

If you use the fantastic morph function to change a delay from a slap back with short delay a no repeats to a solo delay with long dela and repeats you get strange effects.
    i guess there is no way to avoid this?

Mike

Sorry I was wrong and I am to new with Kemper and Rig Manager :(

I did not have the column for rating activated in local libraries and now It works perfect

You CAN rate the rigs in your own libraries even if there is another rating in the rig exchange.

Now I can mark as favorite and rate it 0-5 and for me this is really good.

Over and out :)

MiT

That is one idea. The problem I see is that when you rank a profile on Rig exhange is one thing.

Say you rank it a 3.

Then you tweek it and save a very good version on you local library or in your kemper.

Then you want to rank your version a 5 but it will be locked on 3 from the first ranking.

So I would prefer to have 1-3 stars in favorite column.

(Sorry for not the best English)

MiT

That was not what I meant

If you have a rig with a cab and that is meant to play thru a FR cab (and the main output thru FOH).

I want the Kone to act as a FR speaker, Kone on and Cab off, with the cab module still on.

Exactly the same sound as the main output to FOH.

My reason is that some rigs, to my ears, sounds better with the Kone in FR mode and the cab in the cab meny as it was profiled.

Mike

As we know there are an awful lot of rigs.

You go thru a lot and mark the best with "Favorite".

Suddenly you stumble on a rig that is VERY good.

I would love to se more levels of Favorite as the RATE function with the five steps.

Personally 2 or max 3 levels would be enough.

MiT

Hi

As I wrote earlier I would like to see the possiblity to save a rig with the Kone on but Cab off i.e. FR mode.

If it is not possible in the output section would it not be possible to include that mode in the Cab module?

I mean - an imprint of a V30 means, up to my knowledge, that you make a eq correction so the Kone sounds like a V30.

Would it not be possible to make an imprint that makes no eq correction and then makes it just a Kone/FR?

Mike