Posts by Miktan

I have experienced another similar problem bit it has nothing to do with FW uppgrade.
    Sometimes, quite often, when I change i.e. Cab or Rig fast with the encoder the screen showes the one I want but the sound is from the Cab or Rig placed before or after the one I chosed.
    Anyone else having the same issue?
    Mike

Great idea
    I have thought about this to.
    I have a Behringer DEQ 2496 that could measure the room aqoustics and compensate with the included digital eq.
    It would be fantastic if the KPA could measure the frequency response of i.e. my FBT Verve 12SMA (known to be not so flat) and adjust to a more perfect FRFR monitor.

Mike

Some of the Amps/Rigs are really noisy. Especially the ones with extreme Gain settings.
    Backing the gain of just a little bit often takes away a lot of the noise.
    The noise "gate" is great as it does not kill the tone BUT even if you have it on a very high setting it can not take away the noise from high gain settings.
    I would like to have the noise gate as it is but also include a real GATE option were the output is fully closed under a certain threshold level, and after a selectable time from last note.

Mike

Hi
    If you want to try out different Cabs the display automatically go back to the first CAB screen after a few seconds,
    I would like to manually LOCK it at the screen with the list of cabs.
    There are two soft buttons not used today that could be used for this.
    The same could be applied for REVERB, DELAY, EFFECTS, ...., screens.

I would also like to have a warning system.
    If I have tweaked a RIG and choose another I want it to warn:
    "Rig has been edited! SAVE?"
    or similar, before it loads the next Rig

Mike

Count me in too! :thumbup:

I think the TILLS cabs are fantastic.
    One problem with them though....
    Trying out a new RIG is more time consuming now than earlier....
    Before I just listened to the RIG and if it was bad I deleted it.
    Now I first have to try switching to some of the TILLS cabs because quite often a bad RIG can sound teriffic with the TILLS.

Mike

I am also looking forward to the planned PERFORM mode, in able to store the 20 or so best RIGS that I want to use of the about 700 (!) I have in the KPA.
    That would separate the FUN, testing out new downloaded RIGS and tweaking from PLAYING, especially when you do not have a foot control (I want to see what the KPA pedal has to offer).

Mr Kemper - is there a time table?
    Before june?
    Before end of 2012?
    Next year?

Is there a schedule for an Editor?

Mike

I experienced the same problems with the ZAP profiles.
    If you as much as touch the gain knob it changes to an insane level and then you have to turn it all way down and it is still higher than original.

I saw another strange thing.
    I had the ZAP files as the last rigs.
    When standing on the last rig and trying to move further to the right it change settings even thoug it is still on the same rig.
    Pusch it severeal times and it changes between different gain settings.

I liked the ZAP profiles but I did delete them and hope someone could find and solve the problem so I dare to reload them.

Mike

I have several really good clean RIGs by changing the speaker.
    I use Tills Recto 2x12 (2) a lot and it could change a bad RIG to a very good one.
    It is strange though that some rigs do not at all improve by using the Tills -instead it could sound worse and compressed.
    Try the Tills on every RIG you are about to delete and you will find some really good ones.
    Mike

Hi
    I gave this CAB Volume issue a try.
    I made to rigs with the same copy (a clean sound)
    I cranked the CAB volume to max and adjusted the RIG volume.
    On the other RIG copy I did the oposite.
    I minimized the CAB volume and cranked the RIG volume to the same output as the first RIG.

I do not hear any difference at all between the two versions.
    Perhaps I will try the same with a distorted sound.

Mike

Hi
    And you have checked that they are not in the end of the list?
    I could not find some rigs until I realised that rigs spelled in small letters is saved in the end of the list.
    Mike