Posts by Miktan

Kul o se er grannar o bröder från norge :thumbup: ....(trots att ni har den där onödigt duktiga Northug :evil: )
    It is nice to see all the added users meaing also an increase in sales.
    Higher sales, hopefully gives room for more development and support resources at Kemper.
    Mike
    Nacka, Sweden

Ok I was not aware of the KFC...
    I really love my KPA (at least until my FW 1.05 made a frozen screen....) and I use it every day. Never did before with other guitar pedals/modelers and of course we want to be part of the product development.

However if you look at the editor for AXE-FX or the editor for TC G-system they are very easy to use not only for editing but for file transfer. You could download a patch to your computer, try it on the modeler thru MIDI connection, without having to transfer it TO the modeler (KPA = thru USB), store it in the memory, reboot and THEN perhaps you realize you do not want it at all. Then you have to delete it in modeler memory.

What I would appreciate, and I guess many with me, is to see some sort of developement plan/a schedule
    What major developement steps are planned and roughly when will they be implemented.

I have no idé of the complexity but what I meen is something like:

Solving 1.05 problem (frozen screen, memory capacity etc) - Mars 2012
    Undo/Redo function - April 2012
    Transfer thru MIDI connection instead of transfer via USB stick - May 2012
    Perform mode - June 2012
    Editor - August 2012

(I hope some others that could be secrets due to competitors.... :rolleyes: )

Now we just know "we are working on it"

Mike

Let me first say I am very pleased with the KPA. The way it looks (not too weird for me), the easy user interface and not the least the sound.
    But I think it is a big flaw that it is sold without a lot of functions prepared in the hardware but not working in the software.
    A piece of modeller in this price range should of course have a computer interface and ann editor and not use USB memory stick to transfer files and backups.
    It should not be necessary to boot the KPA everytime you transfer new rigs!
    The Perform mode is still not working and not the network connector either.
    Undo/redo is not working.
    A lot of these functions is described on the Kemper homepage and also in the user manual as if they were already implemented!
    On top of all this the firmwares has a lot of bugs and even if they are BETA versions the last public release was from beginning of this year despite all the lacking features.
    It says on this "Feature requests" "We are known for frequent feature upgrades"

All together this is very close to not at all acceptable for a "professional modeler" that costs around 1444 EUR.
    Mike

Hi
    Perhaps you done this already:
    Put the FW 1.04 on a USB stick and place it at the root, not in the OS directory.
    Put the stick in the KPA. Now press the two < PAGE > buttons at the same time and keep them pressed as you turn the KPA to TUNER.
    It should say "BOOTING FROM USB" or similar.
    Follow the instructions.

Mike

Here is a comment from another user in another thread on this forum:

"You can load some 400 to 500 rigs and as long as it's not getting more, it should run stable under FW 1.05.

When you try to import more it'll freeze again.

I have now more than 1K rigs inside, with FW 1.04. What I'm after
    actually is to find out wich rigs I like and wich I don't need and I
    hope to get rid of 500 rigs or more, so I can hold the rest and update
    to 1.05 without freeze or crash.

But if you import more than 500 rigs and it works on yours, please tell me about it"

Yes that's right but I think it is a combination of hardware and firmware issue.

Here is the answer I got from KPA support.

"Hi,

It's not a must that there's a coruppted rig,
    we are not quite sure at the moment, but, could be that it's more a matter of to many rigs.
    I've had up to 600-700 rigs on my KPA and never had a problem.
    Do you have more on your's ?

We are testing a new firmware at the moment to fix the problem and will soon put it on our website.�

Sincerely,
    Manfred Franzkowiak

Ihave been thru this hell aswell.
    I emailed a lot with Kemper Support.
    The problem is that with FW 1.05 you can not have more than say 500 rigs in the KPA. More = it freezes as your did.
    They are working for a solution in next FW that should not be far away.....I hope.
    In the mean time I did as you, erased the flash memory and went back to 1.04.
    Now I go thru all Rigs and delete or backup the ones I do not want to use.
    Problem is, this morning I deleted about 20 Rigs. Went out shopping and when I got back there were 45 new Rigs to download :wacko:
    Mike

Thanks!
    Great profiles and the Laney Full o VERY good and both with original and the TILLS cabinets.
    I have owned a Laney LC30 some years ago so I reconize the tones.

Well done and thanks again for sharing! :thumbup:

Mike

Hi
    After having a lot of trouble I decided to start all over and made a BACKUP of my KPA.
    Then I initialized the KPA and restored the backup.
    Now I have all the rigs back but if I look at the CABINET there is only the factory cabinets there.
    All the other user cabs like TILLS etc are all gone.
    Anyone knowing why they were not included in the backup or not included in restore?
    Mike

Hi
    You were right... 8o
    I installed the backup of all my rigs/presets and.....back KPA went back into the freezer.....
    Do you mean it´s a memory capacity problem or could there be a corrupt file or files/rigs/presets that we load?
    I read something from Kemper about files getting corrupt if you use a HEX Editor.

But on the other hand I guess it should not work under FW 1.04 either then?

Mike

After having a hell with freezing KPA and problems installing FW 1.05 and other issues I THINK I got the solution.

Earlier I tried the system reset and also MIDI reset but tonight I dared
    to try the ERASE THE INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY in the KPA Hints doc.

After that I installed the FW 1.05 and seem to have no problems.

Even the BUZZING noise is almost totally gone.

Now I will load my backup of all rigs and presets and maybe my luck ends there if there are corrupt files....

So far :thumbup: :D :!:

Mike

After having a hell with freezing KPA and problems installing FW 1.05 and other issues I THINK I got the solution.
    Earlier I tried the system reset and also MIDI reset but tonight I dared to try the ERASE THE INTERNAL FLASH MEMORY in the KPA Hints doc.
    After that I installed the FW 1.05 and seem to have no problems.
    Even the BUZZING noise is almost totally gone.
    Now I will load my backup of all rigs and presets and maybe my luck ends there if there are corrupt files....
    So far :thumbup: :D :!:
    Mike

Hi
    Have you formatted the USB stick in your KPA?
    If not - do that first and try again.
    To format - stick in the empty USB in the KPA, wait until the third soft button lits up, push and follow the screen instruction to format.

Mike