Posts by MadH

Would it be possible to know what amps and what profiles for each amp where done using external pedals or EQs? I purchased several of your Marshall amps profiles and honestly I would have liked to be informed about this before hand.

"* Factory rigs and presets included in this firmware can be imported via ‘Factory Rig’ import function in the System Menu or selectively by downloading ‘Factory Content 2.2.0’ from our web-page."

This is very useful. Thanks.

I heard one of the best reasons against this in a UAD video:
    A user said if he'd have visual feedback of what he was doing by ear, he might get concerned about applying cuts and boosts that were too extreme, instead of just trusting his ears.

The visual feedback is already there since you can see all the values you are applying. Having the curve graph would only make it better especially due to the Q-factor, making it easier to see what frequencies are you affecting with it.

You are pretty much right. They are the only ones I know about with a dedicated section. Many other forums do not want to do this because they don't have so many users. Fragmentation in those cases do not usually work well for them in terms of visits.

Thanks a lot Sollazzon for taking the time.

These clips don't sound identical to me but almost. Do they sound as close when you play slow solos?

I noticed that when I create a profile and I recreate it right after with the same guitar the 2 profiles never sound completely identical either. Could it be that those differences you are referring to are not linked to the guitar used but more to the differences while we play during the refining process?

I have the bias version too. I prefer to use it with amps set in the clean channel but I was not able to achieve the same type of tone using it with clean profiles in the KPA.

Ok, it's been a while since I got these Sample Rate Converters.
    I just want to report that the sound quality of the UltraMatch conversion is less than perfect to put it mildly. Going back to analog output.

Cheers,
    Martin

I got one of those last year on Ebay. I used it to connect the Kemper to an Axe Fx II for effects until I sold the Axe. I performed some A/B tests (all using SPDIF exclusively) converting to 48khz and bypassing the converter and honestly I don't remember noticing any difference while playing with it.

You are not the only one. I have not upgraded my Kemper after the introduction of the limit of 1000 profiles because I currently use the KPA Browser as a library of profiles. Only considering all the profiles I have from theAmpFactory I already exceed that limit by far. The ideal solution for me (unless they do something about the limit) would be to use a Win/Mac/IOS librarian where I could have all my profiles and select from there what I want to use at any moment.

This seems to be a recurrent subject :D . The clean sense is not supposed to have any effect on distorted sounds. Its only purpose is to increase the volume in cleaner sounds to match the one you get on your distorted sounds. The cleaner the sound the more volume increase you get when you play with the clean sense but it does not alter the tone at all.

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ad&postID=80295#post80295

I believe that what confuses people (like in my case) could be the name of the control. Maybe it should be called something else?

Thanks. I know the backup/restore workaround :). I use it to manage my rigs since I have a lot on my KPA but I still think it would be great to be able to decide what do you want to get from the factory restore. If this is not feasible well then a feature to be able to export and import just settings would be great and probably more relevant in terms of number of users using it.

I would like to have a feature to be able to import the factory presets only. As far as I know the only way to do this is by importing the factory rigs from the KPA menu. This is really a hassle if you only want the presets, even more now that the rigs you can have are limited.