Posts by MadH

Yes, but 1.6.1 sounds different. :D

No, seriously. In my case I only spoke for myself. I invested much more time than I wanted on this by creating clips and reamps because I could notice differences on my end. For those to be considered as noticeable enough I guess that depends on each individual but they were there and gone after the system reset. Whether this was useful for you or not and whether you believe it not at this point I guess it is up to you. I just know this to be true IN MY CASE and nothing is going to change that.

Now, I perfectly understand your point. I would have come to same conclusion. Lots of people complained and mostly nobody has taken 5 minutes of their time to demonstrate what they said the were experiencing so maybe they were not even experiencing it. On top of that you are saying that some of the ones that created clips made up their clips with EQs to force them to sound different. Well, that really sucks. Shame for those.

I am thankful you took your time with this anyway. :)

both the server and the file are fine :) as for those redistributing content from our server, please consider yourself reminded that you are not entitled to do so without prior permission from our end. ... and, enjoy high gain paradise.

gs

Cool it is working now but just in case you need to be aware of it, there was definitely a problem in your website when I posted my message. The rig section was displaying some sql errors, the downloads section was not showing any results for a while and when I was finally able to download the file, it was corrupted. You have several posts on your facebook page as well saying the same thing.

Same here, Miles.

I have not experience this so far but if that's the case the profiling is not working as it should. Since you Radley are a beta tester, have you informed Kemper about it?

Have you made tests by doing A/B comparison clips? I always do this to make sure. Sometimes what seemed to sound different at first audition it did not when doing the A/B tests. Hearing memory is quite unreliable for this kind of things.

The fact that only a 'chosen few' can get the results approved by the 'people who count' is a concern. In other words: I can place a very ordinary mic in front of *any* of my Fender amps and make a great recording - why should this not be the same when profiling these same amps?

Well, that is not my experience but maybe like Guitartone said you can "Place the very ordinary mic in front of your Fenders and post a recording or two, then post a recording of the Profiles...let us hear the difference.".

Well, in my experience the KPA is quite honest. What you feed is pretty much what you get and that can easily be demonstrated doing A/B comparisons. Profiling can be as easy or as tricky as getting a good recording tone from an amp. If you are unable to get a good recording tone "micing" the amp, well, you cannot really blame the KPA for getting the same result.

TheAmpFactory profiles are great simply due to the fact that Andy knows how to get the best recording tone from an amp and that translates to his KPA profiles but there is many profiles done by other users that sound great too.

In my opinion this pack is the best so far. I really like that Andy concentrated his time on getting the best tones from the amps exclusively compared to previous packs where he also used pedals.

Btw, all your clips sound great Leroy. I hope you can continue making all the clips for as long as Andy keeps doing profiles.

Cool, that makes more sense. It could be noticed in a recording as well as long as you play both parts pretty much the same way but I understand this is really hard to do specially if you have to wait 12 days between the 2 recordings.

I thought sound is something that you can hear and attac and dynamic response is something that you can feel by playing the instrument

Hehe. If there is a change that you expect to happen I am assuming that you expect to notice it while you play the guitar and I guess you will use your ears for that. That means it is the sound that changes.

If what you are doing does not help at the end and you still want to change the attack of your guitar there is many things you can do such as changing the nut, frets or bridge/bridge saddles materials or the pickups. For the dynamic response the easiest thing to do is to change the pickups height. When using passive pickups lowering their height helps to increase the dynamic range but you will also decrease the average output level. You can also change the pickups since some offer more dynamic range than others.

Wait until the Test ist finished how entertaining the results and the discussion afterwards will be.

P.S. Der Sound wird aufgrund des Heizungskellers deutlich wärmer.

Did you record the guitar before the process started?

This is not about taking sides or decisions, Will. Who cares what me or you own? That should not stop people from discussing about any subject they want to as long as they are respectful.

If you are not interested in discussing about this or other subjects, well, you have the choice not to. Sharing your opinion is good but telling others what they should or shouldn't be doing in general is not the best thing to do in a forum unless you were asked for it. You can still do it but don't expect all people to like it.

The Axe offers full component modeling including tone stack emulation and deep parameters to modify the behavior of an amp. It allows tone matching of prerecorded tracks but not amp.

You can also tone match an amp and this is the recommended usage as it actually works better than using a recorded track. It is true that you cannot call that profiling since they fell short in their original intention.

Sorry couldn't help but post a response to this. On the contrary, I think the experts have an excellent understanding about "how wood works". We can examine any substance on Earth at a molecular level and precisely measure its response to stimulus and how that stimulus impacts the substance. Luthier's have been making wooden instruments for centuries in multiple cultures and the techniques they've used over time have been proven to work. We've been building wooden structures to live in for even longer. Been carving it into weapons and utensils for even longer. I think the world in general has a very good understanding about the physical properties of wood used in a variety of applications. What's going on here is people trying to change in the inherent physical properties of a piece of wood. For which the old idiom, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", has perhaps never been more appropriate.

Lol, If it were as easy as you imply we would already know how everything works. Don't forget that wood is a natural organic material which is much more complex than something that you can fabricate like a piece of plastic for example. If you were right there would not be so many wood related researches and studies nowadays.