Posts by pacocito

The lack of clarity sounds like distortion to me, too. Have you tried experimenting with the Tube Shape setting? According to the manual Tube Shape controls the character of the distortion.

The issue is only present in those frequencies, the rest is ok so anything you do, will affect to the low mids and lows which are already good.

This is not an isolate issue. It's present in all the profiles I have done during the last 5 years: Cornford Harlequin, MPF Room One, Many FUCHS ODS profiles, Budda Super Drive, Bad Cat 2 Tone, Koch Pedaltone, Marshall JTM1 and some more.

I'll post a recording using my FUCHS ODS and some commercial FUCHS ODS profiles at similar settings and you will hear the same issue.

I think that there is some unwanted distortion there but IMO there is a cancellation problem as the volume falls a bit when playing those intervals while the rest of strings remain unchanged.

Hi!

I have just done a test with my Budda Super Drive. The issue is the same. In the part corresponding to the KPA there is less clarity. There is some kind of frequencies cancellation or phasing...

It's a DA profile done with the Kemper DI so you are listening both the real amp and the DA profile through the same miced cab.

Here is the audio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/asjs…aso/Test%20Budda.wav?dl=0

The effect is not so evident playing other things. The response to a Dsus2 chods is the worst case I found.

Saludos!
    Paco

The ramble above implies that Kemper team doesn't work with professionals, don't understand the tone and is basically deaf. All wrapped in pseudo polite passive aggressive package. By the way this community solved many problems before by working with CK and the team, many features have been added by request of this community/pros. I can't speak for CK but I'd rather not waste my time for some random guy coming out of nowhere, claiming that his Kemper can't cope with his professional requirements. However, Dimi may actually make them have a look with all these videos etc. (I can hear the difference)By the way, I'll share a secret here - we know. Kemper doesn't replicate everything 100% perfectly, most people choose to not to dwell on it. Personally, if I have a need to 100% replicate an amp I turn it on if I have it on hand - it is that simple. If I don't, I turn Kemper on and settle for 95% (being pessimistic) in much more convenient package.

If the Kemper team could fix that issue in the highs, the KPA would be almost perfect (add the spring reverb and it's perfect).

Now, it's very good and in my opinion much better that the rest of digital amps and preamps, but not as good as my three amps for recording. It very good for everything else but I'm still using my tube amps for recording.

Please, please, fix this issue if possible...

@SonicExporer Same DI as before, this time with a tubemeister 18 amp.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1:25: The attack of the drunken mosquito!

From the Apollo's manual:

When connecting via XLR you will always need to set the corresponding Apollo input to "MIC". When a particular input on an Apollo interface is set to MIC the Apollo takes signal from the XLR connection corresponding to that channel. If you have your input set to MIC but are connecting via 1/4" TRS, or if you have your input set to LINE but are connecting via XLR, that would cause no input to show on the Apollo.

Just buy a XLR to TRS cable.

Hi All,
    since I'm a Kemper user for a while now, I wanna also start to use it for recording stuff. I've an apollo Twin USB audiointerface. When I connect my Kemper (main outputs via XLR into Apollo, the sound is just clipping, even if reducing input gain to min. What do I do wrong here? There is a optical SPDIF/ADAT input on my Apollo as well. Kemper has SPDIF in/out. Would it work just to connect Kemper SPDIF out to Apollo SPDIF in? What kind of cable to I need? One side optical plug, other side SPDIF plug?

sorry for this trivial question, but never tried this, more familiar with "old school" way.

Hi. Use a TRS cable at the input of the Apollo so the input is used as a line in and not a mic preamp.

Yo can use spdif using a SPDIF coaxial to optical converter. I bought a really cheap one and it works perfectly.

Saludos!

If you are able to get two short clips from the studio, one with the real amp and one using the profile, and send them to Support at Kemper in a ticket describing what you just explained it would be timely and possibly very helpful toward encouraging Kemper to have their engineers look into fixing this issue.

Unfortunately, my KPA is travelling now to Germany to be repaired (Led issue).

I'll do as soon as it comes back.

Almost always, when I play a different room the profiles never sound exactly the same due to the acoustics of the room. The same goes for amps. As the amps ages (along with tubes), its sound is going to change as well.

It's not a matter of room acoustics what some of us are identifiying. Last week, I did a profiling session of my amp in a studio and the profiles were really good and close to the amp but there was that raspiness/congestion/whatever at the high mids. The studio engineer called it "a phase issue". If this issue could be fixed, the KPA would be perfect to me.

I also think it's a mistake to think that because a profile doesn't perfectly match the amp it's not a good-to-great tone to use nonetheless.

I'd encourage you to try as many profiles as you can as well. You could profile a VST too if you want to keep that tone (or a kemper version of the tone) in hardware too.

I agree. There is a significant difference but I think that the resulting profiles are usable and valid for bass.

I must say that some clean profiles were spot on.

Hi!

I have a Kemper, a Two Notes Torpedo VB-101 (the Torpedo Studio is an evolution) and many good IRs.

The Studio can use two IRs at the same time and adds a non-linear speaker emulation component, not present in the Live.

It will sound very good, but, in my opinion, not better than using Kemper's cabs or IRs from any good vendor (like Ownhammer) converted to KPA format. The only improvement you get is the mic placement emulation which translates to versatility to find your own sound. But you can get something similar with Ownhammer IRs, mixing the different mics and speakers and then loading them into your KPA.

Saludos!
    Paco