Posts by Capitancamparro

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

My bands new album. The Vision Bleak - Witching Hour. All Kemper. Also Live!

The Album will be out September 27th....glad you guys dig it. It's our fifth one already. The Clip was animated by Fursy Teyssier. Super talented french animator and great guy!
    The album was recorded, produced, mixed and mastered by myself at my studio, Klangschmiede Studio E, here in Germany.

Cabs make a big difference in sound and even you can dial in a Mesa/Peavey/Marshall to sound similiar going through the same cab (still there will be difference in frequency response and how they sit in the stereo field), what is totally different is the feel of playing going through different amps. A Mesa i.e. being really lush and big in the low end and feels pretty "slow" and sloppy while the Marshall is forward as hell and feels really immediate and tight. So, cabs make a huge part of the sound, the amp makes a huge part of the playing feel and thus will alter how you perform.

I bought a ehx magnum 44 recently and I am really satisfied so far. One rehearsal with my band - Metal -> Loud Drummer the other guitar player with a 5150. The EHX gets to about the same level as the Peavey with Volume on 3-5 which is PLENTY loud. Cleans will break up a little though and have some (quite nice sounding though) crunch on top of them. But since I only use it for on stage monitoring and rehearsal ( Kemper main out will feed FOH) I couldn't care less I must say. Will be playing Wave Gotik Treffen @ Kohlrabi Zirkus (w/ Paradise Lost) which is a big (and shitty sounding) venue the coming weekend and there I will see how it will work on big stages. For Club Shows it will be absolutely cool - I can already say that now....

Tried to profile my usual bass recording rig - di bass with eq scooping low mids mixed with high pass filtered marshall jcm 800 for the dirt - mixed to one track on a desk into kemper - miserable fail...sounded way off. But what the heck, it rules 95% of the time. But I wonder what makes a rig unprofileable?

VXT and even better old KRK V Series 1 are some of the best translating middle class studio speakers around (they are not always fun though since they are really revealing). The old V Series sounds more open while the new VXT Series has a little more boxiness going. But I've used VXT 6 with sub extensively and this are killer speakers. Don't mix them up with the new Rokit stuff - they are leagues above them. Old 10 year old Passive Rokits however are the shit. I've a pair of them at home and love them...

Reading the latest 1.6 Firmware thread I am 100% certain it will sound and especially FEEL completely different and the only way to make it sound like the vintage toaster will be if you put your super special guitar cable which actually was manufactured partly on Uranus in the fridge for two hours BEFORE PLAYING and use (VERY IMPORTANT) only a Red Dunlop Jazz Pick while scratching your left scrotum when you switch it on...

I don't know - but I love my toaster. Love the design. Lots of people that come into my studio ask "What's this device doing?". I tell them, it's the greatest piece of guitar gear yadayada....perfect solution would be a rackmounting kit for the Toaster from which you could remove it really fast without unscrewing etc. Something you slip it in sort of.... That would mean: On Tour: Rack. Home and Studio: Toaster.

As overused as the term is, The KPA IS a Gamechanger. I love to use it. Every day I switch it on I am blown away by it. I am having my "One Year Anniversary" with the KPA in 4 days. Maybe I should take it out for a nice candle light dinner?

You guys crack me up - now someone mentioned the latency might be a tiny bit higher on 1.6 and folks chiming in saying it's unplayable. As highly entertaining as this thread is here - I won't read more in here...I really prefer to care about music than 0,01 ms (or whatever figure) of more latency. Mind you, I am using the Kemper in a professional studio almost daily....back to more important stuff...

WTF is going on here. This is cyberchondria pointed towards a piece of gear...It's like going to the doctor with a problem and he is telling you everything is alright after a thorough examination. Will you go home and buy "doctor equipmet" to prove him wrong or just go on with your lives? I mean to those who are so super unhappy with 1.6. Just don't use it...