Posts by Sollazzon

I have a ticket and email string open with Hans in support regarding this lagging prior to the updates. Should I open a new ticket or reach out to Hans directly?

well, ask directly to Hans if it's better to open a new ticket or not.

anyway,

I had a similar experience reported here but nothing about this:

I also get lag when adjusting parameters: I turn the knob to adjust, and it takes a second or so for the parameter to respond. This is always a lag in the audio and the parameter on the screen. Lag also occurs WHILE turning a parameter knob, that is, the parameter will move with the knob, stop, and then catch up.

Today, after more or less 1 year fo research. I've finally brought home a BB King Lucille.

Just finished to clean, restring, do a quick set up.

I notice they started to become fatter and fatter

and the journey goes on. At the moment i have my eyes on a beautiful Gibson Les Paul 2018 Tribute.

:) I was posting ''it's a long way to the top if You wanna RnR'' but this one is better -- TOP!!!^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sollazzon : Do you think Midi Thru is disabled with the UNO4KEMPER chip? And with your solution: How do you get the feedback from the Kemper to the FCB? I guess this is not possible, right? You have to use the FCB one way, I guess.

I don't know to be honest, when I bought the FCB it had the UnoChip But it was an Older Version and I preferred to restore the original one and programm it from zero to my preferences...(changeda couple of times in the meantime)

Yes, of course in this way I can NOT have a Visual Feedback from KPA on FCB Leds, but this is not a problem at all because:

A) the Change in Sound speaks enough (I can clearly Listen if a stomp is ON of OFF)

B) in case I need to check I could always see directly on KPA which is 2-3mt far from me (I'm not plaiyng on stage at Wembley Stadium right?)

So right now It's Ok like this..for me of course.

It Works, It does exaclty What I want it do to... No problem.

Urca sai che l'avrò fatto una o due volte al massimo in 9 anni..

cmq ho cercato un po' e ho trovato questo post abbastanza recente che riporta le istruzioni passo passo indicate dal Supporto Kemper per un Reset Completo:

In pratica, (dopo aver eventualmente fatto un backup)

a KPA Spento:

- Premi il primo tasto in alto a sinistra dello schermo e Tenendo Premuto il tasto, Accendi il KPA Posizionando la Manopola su Tuner.

- Rilascia il tasto solo dopo che sullo schermo ti appare la scritta ''System Maintenance"

- A questo punto schiaccia i tasti sopra lo schermo corrispondenti alle opzioni ''Recovery", poi "Init&Factory Content",poi "Yes",poi "Ok".

infine premi il tasto Exit a Dx dello schermo per riavviare il kPA.

Così facendo ti ritrovi il KPA come appena uscito di fabbrica, dovrai quindi confermare data e ora e reimpostare il Tuo Nome.

*in caso tu abbia il Modello Stage, tieni premuto, oltre al 1mo tasto a Sx dello schermo, anche il tasto System prima di accendere il KPA .

ok!

io ho Win10 quindi ti so aiutare ma fino a un certo punto.. cmq sì, si comporta stranamente.

Magari, già che ci sei, fai questa prova prima di cancellare Tutti i preset dal Kemper, così giusto per sapere.. non che cambi molto,

Prova a copiare tutto il contenuto del Factory Content su chiavetta USB e Importarli nel KPA tramite USB. Verifica se li copia una 3za Volta o se , come dovrebbe fare, ti dice che sono già presenti.

tanto, tentar non nuoce.

Buonasera,

considera rig manager come una scheda Excell con la prima riga di intestazione impostata con i filtri:

puoi cliccare su 'Date' e ordinerà il contenuto in ordine di data, crescente / decrescente.

(cliccando su 'Name' ordinerà il contenuto in ordine alfabetico A-Z / Z-A ecc ecc)

così ti accorgi che i 7 preset 'Nuovi' sono quelli inseriti ad Ottobre 2020Immagine 2021-02-08 205136.png

Ora, su come Ripristinare il tutto nel tuo KPA senza avere doppioni (strano cmq che li abbia creati doppi) ti direi:

Cancella Tutto il contenuto preset di MyProfiler e Copia tutto il contenuto (338) di Kemper Factory Content 8.0,

SEMPRE CHE TU NON ABBIA GIA' CREATO I TUOI PRESET PERSONALI E LI ABBIA SALVATI SOLO NEL KPA!

nel mio caso in MyProfiler, rinominato The Original, ho 627 preset, (di cui 338 quelli del Factory Content)

..cosi' facendo andrei a perdere tutti i preset 'personalmente creati'

quindi, io, non farei così ma piuttosto confronterei il contenuto delle due cartelle Preset in MyProfiler e Kemper Factory Content 8.0 ordinandole ad esempio entrambe per Nome o per Data ed eliminerei manualmente i doppioni (non ti passa più onestamente a meno che, e sarebbe ancora più strano, non ti abbia salvato tutti i 'nuovi' preset Appena Duplicati con la data di quando li hai Copiati da Factory Content a MyProfiler)

ah! ok, now I see.

Interesting! Would You share maybe some pics or detalis of Your Marshall EQ test board.

I'm not an electrician but it seems to be a great tool to shape the sound!

the next question is: do You think You could replicate the tone shaping of Your external marshall EQ Using some dedicated Fx (EQ) on Kemper ?

I mean: ok bypass CAB and use the DAW for It,

but Use the next* 4 StompFX Modules as they were pots of Your EQ, let's say one EQ in stomp X for Bass shape, another EQ in Stomp MOD for Mid and so on..

do You think it would work more or less ?

For the Marshall profile, I made an EQ from Marshall to test. It works noticeably better than the orig KEMPER EQ, provided you don't go into extreme settings.

(I bypassed all the effects and CAB. I put the equalizer on the output of KEMPER. I used the speaker simulator in DAW.)

Since in KEMPERI you can set pre or post EQ position, you could simulate EQ from any amplifier

Sorry I'm not sure I've got You properly, What did You do?

Could You explain more in details

In order to "pass it on to others" I would uploaded it so they could download it. How else can you "pass" it on? That's the confusing part.

That statement needs clarification. It's ambiguous. It's the wording in the policy -not the policy itself. "pass your profiles on" is extremely vague. "You can pass your profiles on in any manner other than Rig Exchange. Only authors of the original profile may upload to Rig Manager." would clarify.

Sorry, not trying to be a prude. And I am still confused over what's a rig and what's a profile since people are using them synonymously. Ex. You go to the Rig Exchange to download a "Profile". ;)

Are You Serious?

In other words, I want to be able to load a group of effect presets with on click, without changing my amp sound/switch rig.

yes burkard ..sure, but it's not what he's looking for.

I guess he's trying to complicate a bit more the normal/usual rig managment.

As far As I've understood he would like to be able to assing a certain group of Fx to a certain #CC and to be able to recall it independently by the rig he's using.

Hi cap217

1) no KPA do not feed Phantom power so You need another device to use those kind of Mics.

2) You need a mixer

3) Use them like You normally use them in Your Signal chain, just remember to give back to KPA a Return Signal.

4) You can try with and without, then compare the results and choose what You prefer.

5) this actually depends how the Amp You're going to profile is made, what kind of Output it has.

Consider that KPA allow You to get a Profile only of the preamp of an amp, (usually called here DI Profiles) IF the amp has a dedicated output for that (i.e. the Send Output of the FxLoop in some models, or the so called D.I. Output in some other amps)

it depends by the amps itself, how the circuit has been designed.

And KPA also Allow You, Using some other external and Appropiate devices, to get the signal that comes out from the Speaker Output of Your Amp ( here called DA Profiles or, the first step for a Merged Profile)

butlike You said, if You're going to Use profiles through a mesa power amp and mesa cab you will have more faithfull results with a DI profile, not a DA ones.