Posts by Sollazzon

Cool !!!

I have a R9 Aged by Tom Murphy inspired to the Same Guitar

(page 58 and 59 of The Beauty of the Burst)

I bought in 2013 or 2014 I guess, anyway years before Gibson put out the Joe Perry Signature Serie of Yours.

Here's mine

Here's her sister

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

well..anyway..

I saw this video:

yeah !

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it seems that with the parallel path and morphing funcion the ''EQ acoustic simulator'' covers the extra feature of a guitar like this

We could get that tonal palette / spectrum With any electric guitar we already have, Am I wrong ?

funny... You remind me when I was 20.. I definitely loved th 60's neck profile.

I add that some years later I've started to prefer the neck of 90's Les Paul Standard, something in between a 59 and a 60. . then I discoverd I'm at home with the R9 profile and now, sometimes I wish I had a 58 or 56 Baseball Neck. It seems the older I get, the Fatter I like it (it may sound a bit strange said like this)

One thing I noticed in the vid is that a 10' string tuned to E Flat is the equivalent to a 9 tuned in E , is it right ? sounds logical as the tension is reduced.

Well it's not exactly the same but let's say in general you can compensate the less tension with a thicker gauge.. yes.

More or less as you can compensate the logner scale/diapason reducing the gauge thickness..

You just have to test by yourself how much this compensation match with your playing/taste.

As said before, My standard on Les Paul is 10's in E and 11's if Eb and I'm thinking about switching to 9's on my tele and strat, 'cause they're both long scale and tuned in E, but.. it's more than one year that I'm thinking about and never took a decision.. probably 'cause in the end I like the way they sound Now.. so no really need to change.

8)

Cool!

I saw Deep Purple twice in my life, ... the first one it was also my First Live Rock show! unforgettable.

The second time it was here in Como at Stadum Sinigaglia for a festival called Monster of Rock. there were also Cheap Trick and Status Quo in 2004.

But the last time I saw Ian Paice it was surrear: he did a Masterclass at a ''local beer fest'' in a very small place.. we were 250-300 people maximum.

He played a drum for one hour or so, .. trying to explain some 'secrets' of his thecnique.. even if not many of us could clearly understand what he sayed (not every Italian speaks English)

Then he jumped off the stage and did the line to order something to eat, something to drink..like everybody else.

And since there were no place to seat... he gently/shynely asked to us if he could sit next to us.

.. unbelivable! litterally unbelivable.

SO... today , after 2 months of Lockdown, and a couple of wees re-descovering How it feels like riding a CBR1000RR after 6-7 months, I drove my car to go to the office and I've re-listened these CD.

and a sort of 'best of' by Negrita including

and

hum.. well.. ^^ honestly I love it! the way I've consumed it 'naturally' ^^

...it plays and sounds as good as a Std USA... it's not an Epiphone, it' not a CS.. it' s a regular Std 04 (60s neck profile)

Never tried a Tribute--(tring to 'back in topic') it seems to be a mix between a Studio and a Standard right?