Posts by Sollazzon

And here the Tones & Talks Episode with the new Player

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ive had the oportunity to plug in on a real amp just a couple of times (testing guitars) and I already have some profiles of a Magnatone (need to check what model exaclty) and all I can say is Great Tone in both experience.

This signature amp looks a bit strange to my eyes and it's insanely expensive ( for my wallet AT LEAST )

BUT HEY! YOU CAN SAVE MORE THAN 58 $ if you Get the Bundle with the 4x12 cabinet .....X/

It's Too expensive for me But, if Anybody outhere would have the oportunity to get some profiles (liquid or not) I'd like to give them a try.

The Magnatone SL-100 Slash Signature is a 100-watt, British-voiced tube amp head developed alongside the legendary top-hatted musician himself. Built to the Guns N' Roses guitarist's demanding specifications, the SL-100 takes Magnatone's Super Fifty-Nine M-80 — Slash's amp of choice on G N' R's 2023 world tour — and cranks it up to devastating new levels. This hot-rodded tone monster slithers with muscular EL34-fueled textures via two footswitchable, 12AX7-infused gain modes optimized for maximum clarity, grind, and headroom — all the important ingredients in Slash's sonic recipe. The SL-100 includes a Master volume knob, independent Lo and Hi Gain knobs, and a powerful 4-band tone stack for dialing in everything from pushed cleans to hard rock crunch to searing leads. You also get a tube-buffered effects loop for integrating your pedalboard. The Magnatone SL-100 Slash Signature isn't limited to nailing the elusive "Appetite" tone; rather, it's the culmination of one of rock's most esteemed guitarist's lifelong quest for tone.

Magnatone SL-100 Slash Signature Tube Amplifier Head Features:

Signature tube amp head of Slash (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators)

Developed in collaboration with Slash himself

Based around a British-style circuit with 4 x EL34 power tubes and 4 x 12AX7 preamp tubes

2 footswitchable gain modes: Lo and Hi

Lo gain mode is reminiscent of a '60s-era British design

Hi gain mode gives rise to the modded, cascaded-gain preamp sound that ruled the '80s

Independent Lo and Hi Gain knobs allow you to set different levels of grind for the Lo and Hi gain modes

Intuitive 4-band tone stack with Presence, Bass, Mid, and Treble knobs

Master volume knob maintains your tone — even at bedroom levels

Tube-buffered effects loop optimized for pedal-level operation

Speaker-compensated line output (must be used with speaker connected)

Flexible cabinet matching via rear-panel 4/8/16 ohm impedance switch

British-inspired aesthetics with Slash's "Skully" logo on the front panel

Think positive..

Half the fx will urge you to compensate x2 with your fingers.. ^^

No seriously..I think it depends on what you need. For jamming or rehearsals I don't need the full action. Even less for small gigs with no FOH and bad acoustics in the small room. A drive,a compressor plus delay/reverb is all I need for these situations.

yeah yeah... I can also think even More Positive : Les Paul + wah wah + a Good singol channel Marshall IS what I basically ever need But. . . . Now that I've used to.. since 2011... this new kemper product seems a bit too much reductive.

Can I just have 1 singol Full performance I'm comfortable with in a compact/traveler/easy and cheaper pedal board ? NO . OK !

this is not for me..

as simple That.

I'm not angry... Maybe a lil diappointed.

But actulally OK. Cheers :) :thumbup:

If you need the extra everything then the Stage, Rack or Head are the tools.

You could put 2 of these on a pedalboard and get more effects, dual amps at once, redundancy in case one ever fails. I'm thinking that could be my new normal, with the Power Head just doing home studio duty.

I see what You say but.. tecnically, it's not Me needing everything Extra. It’s what I'm always used to have. Isnt it?

You can use any existing profile with it, but cannot create them.

The name Player seems well chosen.

I m not sure about this. it looks like just 2 pre amp fx and 2 post amp fx slot

The Player’s signal chain comprises 4 effect modules in addition to the amplifier stack. Up to two effects can be placed "pre" the amp stack, and another two "post" the amp.

what if I have created in my studio my own profile with 3 or 4 fx pre and 3 or 4 fx post amp/cab ?

Ok, now we want a cover of TNT

SURE Sooner or later! :evil:

I was struggling with Shoot to Trill, RnR ain't Noise Pollution and High Voltage yesterday.

I LOVE Ac/Dc!

This SG was all original but I had to change the bridge Volume pot (300k) cause it has a dead point exactly at 7, Where I use to get the crunch sound!

I've also switch PUs 'cause the original 498T wasn't so great for the Sound I have in My mind.

I ve recorded the lead gtr of "Bronks" with it before my mods.

It's a good guitar in the end, a simple USA, not a CS, but it Rocks! :thumbup:

another cover here,

In This one, the guitar track I've recorded has been for sure "inspired by" Merilyn Manson version of Sweet Dreams and another song with Avril Lavigne "Bad Girl"

Mixed/centrifuged all together and laid down over another song.

Hope You like it, Ciao.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you wonder how good is sounds, I just made some clips for a test drive after changing the strings :

External Content soundcloud.com

the growl & overtones are really something :) 8) ^^

...na na na na.. You can't fool me twice! Those are clearly P90 on a revstar! :D

Congratz Man!!!

and if it is heavy.. Play it Heavy :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

I Need to try that combo ! chees n wine are my fav food but Ive never tried those one togheter.

Yes, totally agree, it also happens here to fool myself too.

In the daw I use (cakewalk, but for sure in others too) You can change the track Icon to a specific pic. I ALWAYS SAVE the pics of the guitar I've used in that take or for sure

I will confuse one with another.

Great tool in the end.

..As great as a plugin by DamianGreda where You can store the profile used and recall it ! Let me check Here it is.

I use it a lot !