Posts by XpennoKPA

Hi guys,

I think I might have fixed the problem. I performed the following steps from Armin's website and I've not managed to get the KPA to crash even whilst pressing midi buttons for a couple of minutes, it's early days but I'm keeping my fingers crossed here.

To reset the (corrupt) System settings do like this:
    (Note: All your system settings will be erased - but not your rigs)
    Switch the main knob to off
    wait a few seconds
    hold the 'System' key
    while still holding the 'System' key - switch KPA to tuner and wait for it to say resetting system settings (or similar)

Booted up went through the first time setup menu then

Reset the (corrupt) Midi settings do like this:
    Switch the main knob to off
    wait a few seconds
    hold the 'Quick' key
    while still holding the 'Quick' key - switch KPA to tuner and wait for it to say resetting midi settings (or similar)

I also set my KPA to run on midi channel 1 only which is mirrored on my MFC. The MFC had a factory reset and all of the IAs/Expression pedals disabled so it's not a full test yet but it was crashing with this setup on the MFC before.

I'll test again tomorrow when I'm not getting grief from the missus for clicking my MFC buttons whilst she tries to sleep :D

Spence

Sounds great, really nice clip, love your work.

Why do you find it not stable enough for live use? Had around 6 rehearses with it and not one single crash or any issue....the few problems that are left only occur when you tweak deeply. Crashes at home do not spoil your gigs.
    OK, the perform-mode is something that I'd like to see too and I'd like to know what it is basically but that's just an improvement and nothing that I really need.

Mine crashes quite often and unpredictably with my MFC101 midi controller, I had to switch rigs manually at rehearsal and 45 seconds seem like 45 minutes when you're supposed to be playing a solo in the middle of a song . I realise that this doesn't affect all users but Kemper confirmed that other MFC users are experiencing the same issues. The fact fact that a midi controller can crash a device in the first place makes the mind boggle but that's another story :)

To be fair, Guitartone is probably right in the fact that it's probably different departments/people working on debugging the code versus creating the new black version. I'm sure that the software guys are working hard to keep us all happy :)

Spence