Posts by okstrat

Live rig with one of my bands. Top cab is a '68 Marshall that's empty, gives a little height to the setup. Powerhead running a Marshall bottom cab. What you don't see is a remote, one of my four button custom footswitches and a volume and wah controller pedal. Sounded awesome last night!

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12189536_10206070771467522_96733805229837030_n.jpg?oh=99467f4848a0d9eb012ee03c26168b18&oe=56B38B45]

Thanks guys! We get a lot of compliments on our live sound, and I know much of it is because of the Kempers. I've started using a Variax Tyler guitar live for that song, the transposing is a little better and the 12 string emulation is great sounding. It adds a little more to the entire song.

Nope, not the Wizard on that clip. I actually use the wizard a LOT live though... my usual setup unless I'm playing a song that needs special tones or fx is:

1) acoustic patch I profiled off my J-station
    2) Fender clean from my '70s twin
    3) Wizard crunch (with slot A set up for a tube screamer boost to take it further)
    4) Cameron modded Marshall
    5) Friedman modded Marshall

Usually use slot 4 and I have my volume pedal set up for my volume/lead boosts.

BTW, thanks for buying the wizard pack, hope you enjoy it. It's a great sounding amp!

One of my bands playing some Eagles... intro is using the transpose effect, harmonies are... two guitars! Other guitarist and I both use Kempers, and we both use Pete's Profiles exclusively... he's using one of my Bogner XTC profiles, I'm using a Cameron modded marshall profile for most of my tones. Clean is my fender twin profile with lots of transpose going on.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi,
    Yes it is a 1960a marshall cabinet...one from the jcm 900 line but sounds very nice and tight. I can run it in 16 or 4 ohm mono mode but had been wary about 4ohm for fear of damaging cab or head. I imagine the volume increase is quite significant so i may well have to go down this road if volume becomes an issue again. I dont generally scoop mids much with the kemper, the 5150 i use is a stock factory profile with some small eq adjustments. The tone fits well within the band mix and the only issue i had was volume. Have you used 4 ohm mode much for gigging? If so, how far can you push it without fear of thermal protection or speaker damage?

I tried the 4 ohms setting and I was able to get it plenty loud without any thermal shutdown on the power amp. I was playing with a loud band onstage and also using a bottom cab, so I probably had it louder than it really needed to be since I didn't have the top speakers angled up. I bet that solves your issues!

If it's a marshall cab, use the 4 ohm input. MUCH louder. You'll just have to be careful with running it so loud that the power amp overloads and goes into thermal protection. I noticed this too live with mine - the 16 ohm wasn't quite loud enough, but changing to 4 ohms helped a lot. Also depends on how loud your profiles are too, some are certainly louder than others and if you have a quieter profile or scoop your mids much your cab isn't going to be as loud.

Just upgraded to a powerhead also. You are going to lose a LOT of the flavor of different amps if you use a powerhead and a guitar cab. You lose the sound of the speaker that was profiled, and the sound of the mics and any preamps or EQ also. Live I run a guitar cab onstage now powered with the head - but I also run a line out to the PA. The line out has the sound of the speakers and mics/etc that were profiled. Cool thing is, your kemper will sound more like an amp in the room because it is now. You just had to give up some flexibility.

Look at it this way - if you bought a Fender twin and plugged it into your cab and didn't use the speakers in the Twin, it would sound different than just running the speakers in the Fender right? You might prefer it or not, but it's going to sound different. This is essentially what you're doing and why the profiles aren't sounding very good to you. Be sure you're turning off the cab emulation, as this can really make stuff sound wooly/bad.

Pete

Posting this in a few different places, so if you see it more than once my apologies. I just want everyone to know about this.FYI, I'm still a profile purveyor or profile pimp or whatever you want to call it. Just expanding the empire a bit.

To celebrate the kickoff of my new business - WoodWizard - I'm giving away a Kemper compatible hand made Footswitch. You choose the wood, custom carved graphic (your band logo, your name, whatever) and I'll build it. More details on the switches here:

http://okwoodwizard.weebly.com…_Custom_footswitches.html

These switches will plug into either the back of a Kemper via 2 1/4" TRS cables, or your Kemper Remote. Currently you can assign each switch to do a number of things - from activating stomp sections to effects to tap tempo to tuner to.... there's a lot. Even if you have a remote, a switch like this is invaluable because it is a GLOBAL switch. These switches are incredibly useful and they match the spacing and height and profile of the Remote, so they work great for live too.

How do you enter? Any profiles purchased after the start of this contest - which is *now* and ends Sunday December 6th - get one entry per profile set purchased. If you buy a bundle you get credit for number of profile sets in the bundle, and if you buy a amp profile set like my Bogner Green, Blue and Red channel set - that's three entries. I'm thankful for my clients and what better time to show that thankfulness than with this giveaway in November?

Here's where you go to purchase my profiles if you can't see my signature below: http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/

I will ship your pedal worldwide, you are responsible for any taxes/tariffs/whatever that your country charges on items shipped to you. Winner will be randomly selected Sunday December 6th and will be notified immediately. Carved graphics are dependent on suitability for carving and I will work with the winner to transform the art into 'carve ready' CNC art.

One other thing - you guys may want to invest in a good crimping tool, and just replace the cable end with a new one when the tab finally breaks. I used to have to make cables all the time for my networking gig, it's a pain in the ass at first but you get good pretty quick. One nice thing is that you can buy cable in bulk and make your own custom lengths or repair a cable pretty quickly and easily, even at a gig. I could strip and make a new cable (both ends) about as quick as it would take a soldering iron to heat up.

Is the plastic tab missing on the cable end? I hate that once that tab goes, you're pretty much screwed as far as keeping the cable in. This isn't a Kemper only issue, I'd see it happen sometimes when I did networking too. Cables like this aren't really meant to be put in and taken out over and over. Really wish Kemper has the locking mechanism on the remote end on the Kemper end also. This would resolve a LOT of issues.

Just FYI, my sale ends today. 16% off everything - use code 16anniversary on check out. After purchase you are emailed a receipt and a download link for your profiles - no waiting, no muss, no fuss. It's a great time to pick up some Wizard profiles... or Tone Matches... or Fuchs, Fortin, Cameron, Vintage Marshall or Vintage Fender (real not reissues) among others. A veritable plethora of tone awaits. :D

Pete

Selling my white Kemper. Upgraded to a powerhead, so I don't need two. This unit has gone back to factory for LED repair and they replaced the entire board that includes the encoders a little over a year ago. Absolutely no problems and works great.

Installed latest firmware, factory profiles and I will be glad to work with the purchaser on a jackpot wad of my profiles to go with it. (I have a profiling business - Pete's Profiles. Everything from Diezels to Bogners to Wizards to Marshalls to 50s, 60s, 70s Fenders, you name it it's on my site. This is a one shot deal, I am not a serial reseller of Kempers, I just lucked into a good deal on a powerhead and really wish I could keep em both.

SOLD