Posts by Radley

I have acquired some new amps - maybe I will shoot some new profiles soon. I now own a Marshall JCM 600 combo which I have modified to sound more modern (less boxy midrange, more gain) - I like this amp a lot (first Marshall I have ever owned). I have also thickened up the clean sound considerably (the highs were already there in spades). I have found that you never really know how any particular amp will profile out - so many factors go in the making of each...

PS: I am really digging the Eminence 'Swamp Thang' speakers for my new amps (even the Marshall) - they boost both the apparent volume and the low end, without sacrificing pristine highs. By effortlessly providing more low end, they allow the amp not to work so hard on the low frequencies, thus avoiding the infamous 'farty' low end that we all hate...

As an owner/user of both, it would seem that both Kemper and Fractal are at a bit of a 'holding stage' as far as future releases go... As always, I look forward to the next levels of modeling and accuracy, but sometimes the progress is a bit slower than preferred, no?

I think what the Scuffham models offer is a very organic, Dumble-esk tone which retains a lot of the original playing dynamics and midrange thickness.

Interpretation: This was originally a response to Vance's comment about Mitt - He knows I support both Mitt Romney and Israel with my full heart, and for this reason, it's very hard to understand why some Jewish folks act like conservatives are enemies, since we are among the few *true friends* Israel shares these days. Mr. Obama has always treated Her like dirt, and this offends me...

Now, to get back on topic: I really do find that certain Cab profiles make as much or more difference than the Amp model in creating a great sounds with the KPA - It's almost like it has become *impossible to create a bad sound* since I've found my way & preferences with the Kemper. Also, I have experimented with running the KPA in the loop of my Boss GT-10, with very good results! The GT-10 provides excellent musical Compression and Stomp ODs (which the KPA currently doesn't), as well as smoother and more effective noise reduction and more in-depth stereo effects.... and we all know what the KPA provides in the way of stellar Amp & Cab profiling - the combination is truly awesome! :thumbup:

What's wrong with you Jewish guys anyway? It's like you've turned your back on God if you agree with a Christian Conservative, no? Simply agree with those who share your same foundational beliefs, and get on with it! End of Rant... 8)

What you're saying is...

KPA = marriage? :D

Mitt...you're starting to make perfect sense, you're worrying me. :D

KPA = Marriage? Yes, in that there are certain areas we need more specific education :P , and other areas where we think we know more much more than we really do... 8o

Regarding Mitt: He has always made sense, but the American public largely does not...

In a unique sort of way, the KPA is much like any other quality piece of gear - you have to 'get to know it' before you can 'fly like an Eagle'! This means getting to know it on a *profiling* level, a *programming* level, and on a *performance* level. And yet, the KPA is completely unique in the way it achieves tones, and you must become very adept at tweaking it, or the best tones will likely evade you...

I find that there is something magical that particular Cabs can add to most Amp models. As an example, I am very fond of Tom Hemby's Bad Cat Cab - it seems to have most of the qualities I love, including enhanced bass response, a very warm midrange, and a smooth top end that can cut without being fizzy. Finding a Cab that gets you so close to where you want to be tonally makes the job of programming much easier and way more fun!

I would also add that my Gibson Lancer amp profile (which many people here have liked and used) did not sound exactly like my original Lancer amp during the profiling session, and yet it sounds very good and usable for a huge number of sounds... But I was there, and I know the distortion character was not perfectly matched. Do I care? Not to a significant degree, because the my personal Lancer model sounds great - that is much more important than sounding exactly like the original amp, no?

I have always been more interested in 'great' sounds than 'authentically copied' sounds, and I am very happy with the new sounds I'm getting from my KPA!