Posts by Radley

Compression is a big part of my clean sounds, so the more versatility in control the better! By adding a simple Blend control (blending Compressed signal with Direct a la Barber Tone Press), KPA would achieve the ability to fine-tune compression ratios & character, resulting in a much more versatile effect. By adding a simple high frequency Tone control (a la Boss CS-3), the Compressor could also act as a fine-tuning brightness control or pre-eq without needing to incorporate a separate EQ module. 8o

Yes - I also played an overdub session where the producer rented a Mesa Mark IIb for me to play through, and it was smooth as silk for both lines and solos!

PS: I won't have access to my new Kemper until I get back from our Hawaii concerts around the 24th of this month - can't wait to hear it and profile all of the modified amps I will soon be selling on eBay (no more room in our house!) If the profiles are as good as the actual amps, I will have no problems saying goodbye! This does however bring up an issue for me: since I have modified these amps to get the very specific sound I strive for, should I really be sharing these profiles with the world? Part of me thinks it is too personal...

I think A LOT of people are waiting for an authentic sounding Mesa Mark IIc (with the classic v-shaped graphic EQ) - this seems to be an amp/sound that *none* of the current modelers can nail!

I personally can't wait to profile my modded '65 Super-Reverb - It's the same amp I used live and in the studio with Koinonia :thumbup:

This confuses me:

Why would anyone be profiling AxeFX models if they are so bogus? Seriously, isn't this a total contradiction to those who believe the Kemper is clearly superior? It seems to me their time would be much better spent doing new tube amp profiles. Personally, I say profile *anything* that inspires you to make music, but there seems to be a bit of a double standard on the AFX, no?

Well there you have it folks! *No* digital solution is perfect at this point - we are simply looking for the best system and most expressive platform for making serious music. Many of us are watching very closely.

I only post here as a (hopefully) creative musician - I am constantly looking for ways to improve my tone and expression. I own some of the best tube amps, preamps, and digital modelers known to man, and I have always believed that someday digital units would surpass even the best we have achieved with analog - it's all just a matter of time and programming creativity.... May the best platform Win!!!

The only thing negative about Kemper is they do not respond to emails/contacts - me and many of my friends have tried to contact them, but no one has gotten a single response. This could make one think they might be slow to respond if you have a problem as well...

Question: If a person in the US buys a KPA from Thomman in Germany, would the warranty be good in America? By this I mean could the unit be serviced under warranty here in the States, or would I have to ship it all the way back to Germany? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

I see the 'competition' between Kemper and Fractal as a very *positive* thing, not a reason for concern or angst. As someone else said, 'These are great days to be a guitar player!' I unfortunately missed seeing the KPA at the LA NAMM, but am very curious to try it - easier said than done. I believe there is a tendency for people who have spent a sizable chunk of money to become a bit 'religious' about their 'baby' (it's not just Kemper and Fractal users).... seems to be human nature, but it's always best to try and control it, no?

I think everyone should just relax and wait to hear what Fractal is doing - it could be great or it could be lackluster, but anything anyone says at this point is strictly guesswork. One thing Cliff is not is stupid, so let's just see what happens....there's really no need to 'take sides' - we're all just guitar players in search of a better sound after all...

I am somewhat disappointed to hear that the Kemper still has a lot of software bugs - it makes me wonder if it's reliable enough to do a major rock tour. Have there been any promises/assurances from Kemper that these issues are close to being resolved? This product is priced in the upscale category - surely that makes it worthy of timely bug fixes, no?

I personally think that it is respectful to the creator & developers to come on this board and say you love it (if you do) - you don't have to live here or make it your life, but at least acknowledge the value of such a unique product! In other words, 'Never take anything for granted'...

Welcome Radley - you seam to follow me from the L6 board to the Boss one - then to the Fractal board and now here...

... seams we have the same taste :D

Armin - I guess we both have high standards! 8o Seriously, I have always had respect for your sense of good tone, and you always have helpful things to share... BTW, I have figured out something weird about my troubles with with this board - when I am logged in, I can post be can't see many of the threads - when I am logged out, I can read all the threads but I can't post responses...how strange is THAT???

I have heard there is a company in Europe that has these in stock & is willing to sell/ship them to the States - I still can't read any of the threads on this board other than the ones I start (they display for a microsecond then demonically disappear) so please tell all! :rolleyes:

I think my problem has to do with some faulty setting on this board - it's almost like I haven't been given privileges to view even the public board - what a drag. I hope the administrators are aware of my plight....