Posts by Mao1406

Hi Andy, hey guys!

I just bought andys stuff straight today - I know the quality of his last rigs and therefore I have no doubts about this one! Can't wait to get them played soon...

Thanks andy and please have no worries for charging for your stuff - I'm confident it is astonishing as your last 2 sets! Fair enough price if only 3-4 of the rigs are good enough for my playin', recordin' and live work - if not, its still a bang for my bucks! 8|:D8)

Thanks again and keep it going guys!

Cheers, Mao

3. When I assign a preset to a MIDI Chang Control# this number does not correspond to the Voodoo Lab #. Say I assign #116 to a preset on the KPA I need to set the GCP to #117 and so. Almost as if the GCP is one # ahead if that makes sense.

Hi Dote,

there is a point in the main menu in the GCP where you can put the Cc's to -1. Then it is possible to switch with the Cc-Number from the KPA within the configuration menu of the GCP.

There is a part in the GCP's manual referring on this and how to set it up rightly. I can't remember where it was in manual, but it is there!

Good luck!

I would send you a pallet of Red Bull if this would bring you into a position of giving us your new set earlier!

Can't wait to see and hear your new pack, man! :thumbup:

Thanks guys... Unfortunately my Voodoo Ground Control Pro can't send multiple Cc's... :cursing: Shit!

Any idea how I can make it happen still using the GCP? Does the Gordius Giant as the "brain version" works with the GCP as wished?

Any news when the official Kemper Board comes out... Maybe I should wait at least for this instead of spending another 400 bucks for gear that is worthless when the official thing comes out? ?(8|

Man, thats really annoying now learning this 450 € for the GCP are spent for nothing...

Hey Guys!

Just sitting around and trying to implement some midi into my live setup and questioning myself, is there any chance I can setup my midi board to switch more then just one stomp box on and off with one tap on the midi controller?

Means for example: Switching boost, reverb and delay on with one tap on the midi controller?

Would be great if this would be working and if so, if someone could explain how.

I want to Program my midi board with one row for switching the amps (4 switches acoustic, clean, crunch, lead) while using two other rows of 4 switches (total 8 switches) to setup a mix of stomp boxes on and off...

Would be great if some of you professionals could give me a answer if and how this might be workable with my little space lunchbox!

Thanks and Cheers!

Mao1406

Hi Guys

Just wanted to drop one new song for our album here. Just the raw material, drums and guitars.

Guitars are all done with the Kemper and the Fortin Profile of the yellow channel, that I've found on the Rig Exchange.

Here it comes: http://soundcloud.com/maorock1…t-virus-heartful-of-anger

The sound comes straight from the KPA, only volume adjustments, rest is raw and straight out of the amp! 8|

Let me know what you think and keep on rockin'!

Thanks and Cheers,

Mao

It was the Diezel Herbert by Markus and the Earforce by Mao. But i think you can really use any of those modern voiced amps. In this type of production with multiple heavy guitar tracks, the cab portion is more dominant than for example in a single track blues song.

:thumbup:
    Just seen it today - glad someone used my Earforce profiles for there work!!! I'm going to post some new profiles later as I have better studio equipment and want to refine the sound.
    :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheer!

It was the Diezel Herbert by Markus and the Earforce by Mao. But i think you can really use any of those modern voiced amps. In this type of production with multiple heavy guitar tracks, the cab portion is more dominant than for example in a single track blues song.

Hey Tyler, love to hear/read someone used my profile of the Earforce! Still messing around with it and will post a newer version with some Neumann Mic and SM57 within the next weeks... Great someone likes it and use it in their production!

Cheers, Mao

I have the same issue with my Gordius Little Giant footcontroller and a java-based computer MIDI Controller.
    So its obviously a bug in the KPA. A support ticket is opened.
    In my case I had to switch off the stomps and save the rig. Switch on the stomps as wanted and save the rig again.
    Hope that works for you, too.

Hi Snakepit! Thats a good hint... I'm going to try it tomorrow and let you know if this works for me, too. Just arrived back from rehearsals... Damn, the KPA is fuxxing awesome sound wise and I have been coming around this bug pretty well while enjoying this unbelievable sound wall that came from the speakers today!!! :love::love::love::love:
    8o:D
    Good night ya'll Kemper brothers! 8):D

Ahhhh... Thanks guitarnet70!

So it's not me to stupid for this ballgame... :D Still its annoying and hope this will be fixed soon

PLEASE MR KEMPER - make it happen soon!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Hi Guys!

Just got VoodooLab Ground Control today and programmed it for use with my KPA. PC's just work straight away, but when trying to set up the CC's for using the 2 upper switch rows for putting the Stomps On/Off, I got the following problem:

1.) Switching first time on one switch for Stomp Box nothing happens on the KPA (only light on the Ground Control switches on)
    2.) Switching second time on the same switch for Stomp Box on the KPA (only light on the Ground Control switches off)
    3.) Switching another time on the same switch finally the Stomp Box jumps "On" and switching it another time it jumps "Off", as expected.

Funny thing is, sometimes it work in one Rig normally with the first step on the Stomp and sometimes not. Also it is sometimes not working on the 4 Blocks A, B, C, D - but sometimes works. ?( Also it never works on the Delay and Reverb Stomp and I have to switch 3 Times to turn this Stomps on! Pretty annoying for Live usage... ?(

Any one with the same Midiboard and/or problem using the KPA with midi footswitch???

I have rehearsals with my band today and this is just a small problem but still annoying in any sense! :wacko::thumbdown:

Cheers, Christian

Hi!

Thanks guys for the feedback.

schneidas: No, its a six string les paul custom with humbucker pu's, downtuned. It is a little muddy on the rythm parts. Need to tweak the sound a bit more. Downtuning the guitar is tricky, as all my sound get a bit too boomy.

I think the KPA is wonderful piece of gear... Best piece I have so far if it comes to modelling/profiling/cloning... whatever its gonna called! :D Unbelievable how accurate sounds are and first time for a very long time I can hear how bad my playing style is... Long way to go from here now, but I'm loving it! 8o

Have a great day and Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share on of our new songs that I'm experimenting with my KPA first time now.

This is just the rough work, nothing done accept some volume tweaking and panning on the tracks. I have 2 guitars in the main part (done with a triple recto profile that I tweaked a little to my ears and changed cabs to one of Till's cabs - astonishing work btw, Till!!!). Clean part is done with the AC30 Profile I have loaded here.

Let me know what you think!

Heres the Link: http://soundcloud.com/maorock1…t-virus-tears-drenched-in

Happy Profiling all! :D

Cheers!