Posts by richaxes

I will never understand guys that don't think it is inappropriate to post about competitive products without any experience or relation to the actual companies' products.

Can't leave this without a word. How on earth do you know if, for example, I have ever played an Axe? Actually, I used an Ultra for quite a few months, and had so bad experiences with it that I was happy to sell it off as fast as I could. The whole concept and execution was absolutely bad to me, and I still don't fall for the Axe II's layout and UNease of use.
    If somewhere, why would you not especially post in a company's forum about their or competitive products? Company forums are usually filled with users more experienced in the given unit than anyone else, and so this way you really get your answers from reliable sources. Also, a controlled and of course not personal debate has never hurt anything or anyone.
    And as of me, I'll never ever accept any forms of censorship. I'm from Hungary, we fought and paid too much for whole Europe's freedom and freedom of speech... 1848, 1956.... 'nuff said.

Anyways, I hereby stop making any more comments on this topic, because I think it's just simply ridiculous. I honestly believe that no one should be too offended from a little internet flaming as long as it doesn't get really seriously personal. I know a few boards where they will really rip you apart - and it's definitely not the KPA boards.

Hi Scott, first of all nice to see you here :) . I agree that things are getting a bit too personal. I want to believe that the comment above was not a direct attack to your person but just an ironic comment on the marketing/forum rethoric at FAS. This "120% realer" has became famous in the net and still makes smile a lot of people, nothing wrong with that. Also this is (at the moment) mainly a European forum and we culturarly (is this right?) tend to be less political correct then US people (have been working 13 years for US corparates and burned my fingers several times).

Peace and welcome

+100 :thumbup:

I don't think I exaggerated by any means, and definitely didn't want to bait or trap or anything. I just said what I've read since the debates on the topic of Kemper vs Axe started.
    Stating again that I'm not one for personal attacks, criticism cannot be considered as an attack IMHO.

As I said on the Fractal Forums, I'm not one for personal attacks. But the LOLing is understandable because Cliff was strongly disagreeing with profiling and now he's putting it into the Axe II... same as the 11R USB thingy... makes some people wonder where are the Axe's own merits.

Things are gonna get interesting. This can only be a good thing for us guitar players, more competition surely will lead to better products on both sides. For me the Kemper format best suits my needs. I prefer having knobs instead of menus for live situations. but prefer having a computer editor to knobs for studio work. If i was Cliff i would have added a mic input to his hardware plus profiling and called it axe fx 2 ultra. I wouldnt be suprised if Line 6 does profiling at some point too.

Quite sad times for tube amps, eh?:)

On a second thought...

One might find the Axe already too overwhelming in the sense of tweaking and fine-tuning, while the Kemper is almost like a plug and play thing, but still offering you the needed amounts of tweakability, and nothing more or unnecessary. Not to mention it's considerably cheaper than the Axe in Europe. I'm still going to order the KPA as soon as I have the money... I just hope that all the bugs and reliability issues will be fixed and some sweet improvements and new features will come along sooner or later.
    On a third thought...
    It's funny how Fractal Audio is trying to copy profiling immediately... the Kemper really raised the bar on "modeling" equipment, hasn't it? The Axe is nowhere near as innovative in a sense than the KPA.

Sorry guys, I'm out, :) I've changed my mind about the Kemper, will stick with the Axe II only for now..and see what happens..

Actually, this whole thing is a very nice tactic, just to achieve what you've just said.
    Think about it... Cliff announces that the Axe II will profile, too... everyone who was in love with the KPA or wanted to order one will step back now and wait... and some will just stick with their Axe II or sell their KPA to get one... never ever underestimate the powers of propaganda...

Guys... we all know the real question, doesn't matter how we want to avoid it, it's there...
    How will the Kemper hold up to the Axe II's versatility if the Axe will very soon be able to do the same + the obviously higher versatility of tweakability and FX?

Thank you so much for your answers, guys!
    I've got a second question.
    I was looking at solutions for amping the KPA and I've found the RCF NX-15SMA, which seems a very nice solution (and it fits my budget nicely), actually it seems the best solution for amping the KPA. Do you have any other/better ideas for this?

Just to let you guys know, I've decided. I'm not the type of guy who thinks too much and confuses himself - actually I almost did in this situation, and I hate this.
    I'm getting the KPA as soon as my Peavey JSX sells off.
    And I'll happily play the boutique amps it offers which I'd never ever in my life get a chance to play - even if they're "only" 99% correct.
    Also, crap on Mesa/Boogie for asking for double prices in Europe. The RKII is really only worth half of what I'd pay for it here.
    So I'll just happily sing this into the aether whilst playing the Dr. Z amps:
    Welcome to the future!

Jsut try it. Thomann has 30 days money back which you will not need :D It sounds like the amp - period.

Yes, this would be the best option, but for this I'd have to invest into a decent power amp to test it through my cab, so it's not that easy. However, reading all the opinions and listening to the sound samples all around the web is convincing me a lot - although I'd love to hear some sound samples recorded with a real guitar cab - sound samples that I haven't really found yet.