The closest I got to Brad Paisley's tone (and believe me, I'm DAMN close) was with the factory rig called 69. I think it's a Vox AC30.
It's always very important to realize that Brad really varies his taste in gain sometimes - but most of the time, he runs a moderately overdriven tone.
Totally required modifications:
- Amp EQ and Gain tweaks (not much, the tone's already there)
- Add a compressor in front of the amp, set it up to taste
- Add a slapback delay, again, set to taste
- Add a little reverb, that's just there, and again, set to taste
- Modify the amp's deep paramteres, especially Clarity. Turning up clarity makes the tone very stable, turn it up around halfway or so.
I use a Squier Affinity Telecaster, and I feel like I'm as close as I can get with this guitar.
I have to run right now, but in the evening, if you want, I can upload the "final" version of this rig that I've created, which is good for 90% of Brad Paisley songs.