Posts by DonPetersen

use the MAIN outputs or the MONITOR output, these are line level.

The (red) SPEAKER OUTPUT must only be connected to a guitar cabinet, a classic, passive one ;)

using the fx return will circumvent the preamp of the amp and put the signal directly to the power amp

if you want to use the PROFILER for fx only (?) go guitar -> amp input and then: fx send -> PROFILER in, PROFILER out -> fx return

We'll have to disagree. When my Anderson splits, it also changes the pot value, so it doesn't sound like a Strat with a LP tone pot.

that's why I wrote subjective :)
    I would have guessed that the volume pot value is more of an issue tbh

keep in mind that simply layering amps doesn't automatically make a good sound.
    the amps should compliment each other, pan them apart to give them space.

if you're phase aligning them, it's easier to go for the most phase-cancellation and then flip the phase on one of the tracks.

the point is, you have to have a reason to layer amp sounds, simply doing it without an underlying concept/reason is not going to produce good results.

It's really a shame to have a LP without a coil split option. There's a whole world of tones out of reach that can be had with a tiny little mod.

that's highly subjective - I never heard a split humbucker I liked and removed all these 'features' from my guitars.
    If I want a singlecoil, I use a real singlecoil. ;)

Don: I allready tried that Tone pot down but the result was not spectacular. Maybe due to my Les Paul humbuckers?

Anyway, I'll get back with my outcome.

it really depends on the cap value in there. most go too dark for my tastes, which means I have to dial in the amount very carefully.

Sounds like he's using a flanger in the intro. So, I wonder if he morphs it down someway to tighten up the tone against the fuzz?

I don't think the intro tone has anything to do with the tone of the main riff tbh
    it's a pretty classic Hendrix tone IMO, even the riff is basically Purple Haze

"Rig Buttons 1-5 (3)

Press to load one of the five Rigs within the current bank. The LEDs above the buttons indicate the Rigs available in the current bank (half brightness) and the active Rig (bright).

You can edit the current Rig – e.g. increase its gain or treble – and then replace the original with the edited version by holding the Rig Button for a moment.

You can also use the BANK and Rig Buttons to navigate to any other Bank and Rig location and overwrite it with that other Rig with the edited Rig by holding its Rig Button for a moment."

Thanks all. Last time I messed with (maybe when it was rectashaper) it wasn’t that pronounced and didn’t produce that high octave as clearly I’d like. I’ll work with the newer Octashaper.

"The traditional technique used with this effect is to play above the 7th fret, with the neck pickup engaged, and the treble rolled off."
    the Octa Shaper isn't a pitch shifter that creates the effect no matter what - you have to give it the 'right' kind of signal to work with (see above)

I thought the Kemper fuzz was the best Octavia since it's a newer addition and sounds fantastic to me. Sorry for the incorrect information. I'll have to try the old Octa Shaper then.

The Octa Shaper was indeed included in the Kemper Fuzz as well IIRC - the full rectification going on should be the same ;)

Octa Shaper

The Octa Shaper (former Recti Shaper) is based on an electrical rectifier circuit. It distorts the input signal by forcing all the negative segments of the waveform into a positive signal. This effect is by no means new - it is well known from the famous OctaviaTM distortion pedal used by Jimi Hendrix on many songs, most notably on "Purple Haze”. When applied to a guitar signal, the rectifier will make chords sound significantly different, and strangely distorted. Single notes will sound transparent, but with a slight emphasis on the upper octave.

The original, analog OctaviaTM consists of a rectifier circuit and an additional distortion. The Octa Shaper provides only the transparent rectifier circuit, without any additional coloring. When used in front of the stack, you get to enjoy the famous effect, while fully maintaining the original sound of the selected stack, or additional distortion stomp. The traditional technique used with this effect is to play above the 7th fret, with the neck pickup engaged, and the treble rolled off.

To upgrade PROFILER Head™, PROFILER PowerHead™, PROFILER Rack™, and PROFILER PowerRack™ via USB memory stick from OS versions before OS 7.3, OS 7.3.2 needs to be installed first! Older versions than OS 7.3 on these models don't recognize this new integrated OS revision. For this purpose OS 7.3.2 can be found on the Download Page at Older Software Versions.