Posts by Pick909

Where you can enter sysex in this editor? Maybe try with NRPN notation:

You have to send four CC commands:
    $B0 $63 $04
    $B0 $62 $41
    $B0 $06 $00
    $B0 $26 $01 (0x00 for off)

Now I'm lost! ;) I absolutly don't know how to enter those kind of value in my controler. You say these are CC? Or maybe SysEx? I can't find any $B0 character in my controler preset messages. I know, I'm not good in MIDI but thanks to enlight me please! :)

True. When I compare a profile with a baked in od and the same profile without od and use my od, it sounds better than the baked in od.

I agree too. Even if the new Kemper drives are excellent I still prefer to use real OD in front. BTW I doubt that the new QC overdrive capture would do it for me neither. No problem anyways to bring a couple of pedals to gig, it's just fun to use them I would say.

Make sure that the MIDI Global channel of your Kemper (in System MIDI Settings) is set to MIDI channel 1. Make also sure the MIDI cable is correctly connected (MC-8 OUT to KPA IN). I know that it's obvious but we all do simple mistakes like this. Make sure that your MC-8 send the CC message to channel 1. I personnaly use CC29 value 1 to put the reverb ON and CC29 value 0 to put it OFF.

I agree with Alienator, we, Kemper users, don't need a Kemper 2. Because we all know that It already works great for live and for recording. In fact my lunchbox works great since I got it in 2013 and I never felt the need to replace it by anything else. And I like so much that I never feel this pressure since then because Kemper still get updates again and again for free!

Now, unfortunately, maybe the Kemper team need a Kemper 2 because they are actually loosing a segment of their customers who always want to have the new hyped shiny toy with the most powerfull DSP and the most beautiful touch screen etc. But if you take a minute and look at it without emotion, you'll see that there is no ''game changing'' in the new toy (apart from the fact that maybe you NEED multiple amps setup... really??). Just a more powerfull package with most probably a lot of bugs to iron out for a few months and maybe more. I think QC will be a very good option but it does not offer enough to make me change my trusty Kemper 1.

schoko, your help is very welcome! Thanks! The problem is that in my Morningstar MC-6 the SysEx messages in a preset are labeled like on this picture and it is impossible to enter data like f0 or f7 but only numbers in the form of 0X0 or 35X0 etc...

Ok thanks! But what I write in the controller and what kind of message I send? CC? Would I send a Tooggle CC message and write the full F0 00 20 33 00 00 01 00 04 41 00 00 F7 to turn it off and the other to to turn it on? maybe it's obvious for some but not for me sorry! ;)

Hi,

I would need to activate and deactivate the whole stack section of my Kemper via MIDI. But what I found on the subject is this:

NRPN:

Amplifier (Address Page 10)

2 On/Off

4 Gain

6 Definition

7 Clarity

8 Power Sagging

9 Pick

10 Compressor

11 Tube Shape

12 Tube Bias

15 Direct Mix

Equalizer (Address Page 11)

2 On/Off

4 Bass

5 Middle

6 Treble

7 Presence

Cabinet (Address Page 12)

2 On/Off

3 Volume

4 High Shift

5 Low Shift

6 Character

The problem is that I'm not used to NRPN MIDI messages and how to set them in a MIDI controller. So if you guys are more educated on the subject than me please a little help would very well appreciated! :)

I’ve always said that I can’t see CK being excited about redesigning the KPA for minor tweaks and upgrades. I don’t know him personally but everything I’ve ever seen about him leads me to believe he is excited by ground breaking challenges that are revolutionary rather than evolutionary.

I totaly agree! To call a product a ''game changer'' it has to bring something revolutionary not only evolutionary even if it is a very interesting evolution. The creation of the very first modeler was a ''game changer'' then the creation of the first profiler too. All the rest is evolution. QC is evolution and if there is at some point a Kemper II I suppose that it will be more to it than just a repackaging with more power and a beautiful screen.

Depends on the unit. The Axe-Fx III was so popular, users had to join a months long waiting list just to get one initially. But the Axe-Fx II had been on the market for over 7 years.

If I remember well there was also Axe FX II MK II and Axe FX II XL at some points during these seven years. So the point is that if, as I did, you bought your Kemper in 2012 you never got to change your hardware since then and you're still with the same features as the latest model. It's pretty amazing when you think about it!

It is normal that the gate choke your tone at low volume because it's its job to do so. But here is what I would try:

1) Put a gate in stomp A

2) Put a clean booster in stomp B

3) Use your expression pedal as a Morph pedal which will back off the threshold of the gate in the same time as the volume of the booster.

This way less gain will also equal to less gate!

I didn't try it but it should be logical to work great! :)

haha, well that explains it .. similar generation here i guess :D i still remember when the MC500 came out, i was stilll a teeny then but already a regular in the local guitar shop here who were cool enough to let me come around after school despite me not having any disposable income to spend. I remember they had the MC in a glass case cause it was ridiculously expensive at the time (maybe it was even a 5000). There's something about that shape and this combination of woods that speaks to me even today. They also had a Yamaha CP70 electric grand (even more ridiculously expensive at the time) which i was allowed to practice on and those two instruments were the stuff of my dreams during my youth. Managed to find a nice CP70 20 years later but never found a good MC.

Found a ouple of MC500s over the years but since i've waited so long now i'm really picky and want a case queen where the wood grains is just right and not one that has been butchered, moded or refinished.I have an ST300 which is a bit the poor mans MC500 and very similar ... and yeah it weighs a ton like all the Matsumoko Ibanez. All the late 70 and 80s high end Ibanez are amazing guitars.

I bought mine, believe it or not, for only $500.00 brand new in a closout sale. Most people were interested in Gibson and Fender stuff then I saw this beautifull Ibanez!... While I played it a lot during all those years it is still in excellent shape and, apart frets dressing, it is all original! Don't even know the value of these guitars but it is still my favorite especially for classic rock tone!