Posts by Pick909

Well I've just spent another night working with the kemper beavering away at all the amps, cabs, effects and everything the KPA has to offer!!!!!

I was reading a thread on here by a user about starting from scratch building a rig. So I have, I've made a blank preset with just an amp I like JCM 800 and cab as well 4x12 Marshall V30 and use this as starting block. This way I can audition all the amps with this cab and vice versa. I'm now starting to get the live tones I've been after. The best thing is I have set up about 3 patches with effects, distortion etc that I'm planning on using next gig. If I find these not to fit exactly I can audition different amps till I find the right one to fit without having to redo all my effects etc

PS wish there was a way to organise amps and cabs better, I've got 700+ profiles in my KPA and its a right pain shifting through these every time I wanna change an amp and cab combo :D

We know that a librarian software is on the way but in the meantime you could deactivate the "autoload" function when using the "browse" knob to scroll thru amps or cabs. It's a faster way when you want to go 50 or 100 items forward or backward in easy steps.

8o 8o 8o ... thank you sooo much Davide for all those super info, now at the count of three you will feel fresh and awake and will not remember all the secrets you just revealed to me about the new software... Oooone... :sleeping: Twooo... :wacko: Thhhree... :D

PS: Sorry for those who were sleeping, I know that you missed a small part... I would call it colateral damages?

Now at the count of three you will feel relax and free to share everything you know about the software... Ooone... Twooo... Thhhhree: 8o 8o 8o

Don't worry most of the gears presented at NAMM will be available only in a few months so enjoy your M5 now! :D

My guess is that the Kemper team is working hard nights and days on the pedalboard, the amp, the librarian software, the aliasing issue and the HUGE next firmware (full of new stuff!) to be ready for NAMM!!! :D :D :D

Maybe I'm just a dreamer? ?(

Pierre

Hey thanks Rescator! I will work on it! I also found that a small mid boost was good and less bass too but I will try to play on back panel K10 settings combinations a little deeper! :thumbup:

Pierre

K10 here .
    ....fantastic speaker if you play just a( hair )bit with Monitor EQ on KPA , and with internal QSC settings .

EQ rules , btw....

I also have a pair of QSC K10, could you give some hints about your EQ and internal settings? :)

Pierre

Good tone bro! I personnaly sold all my overdrive pedals (even my Tim) since I got my KPA. Not sure you will need your Paisley drive so much once you put your hands on the KPA too. I know that some still use external drive pedals but I don't really feel the need for them anymore. There is plenty of so wonderfull drive tones in this box believe me! Just my 2 cents. :)

Pierre

PS: BTW you can profile your Paisley and amp tone! ;)

I didn't have time for now to do a properly made troubleshooting and I'll do it as soon as possible. It could certainly be something wrong in my settup and, as I said, it didn't bother me much as I rarely play high gain. I just wanted to add my voice to this possible issue, maybe too soon to complain I agree! 8|

It happened just a few times so I'll have to do a little research to find which profiles with which guitars produced this problem. What I remember is that it was profiles with a lot of gain and with a humbucker guitar. I don't use much high gain stuff so it is not really annoying for me.

I Don't have time now ( Xmas! 8o ) but I'll check it in a couple of days!

I experienced this problem sometimes too! It seems to be more what I would call "digital squealing" than a feedback problem. I first thought it was related to the aliasing problem well discussed in an other thread and that is suppose to be resolve soon in a firmware update??? Any idea? ?(

Pierre