Posts by Pick909

Oops!...On the side then... :S I should always check my blind spots before making a move! ;) And all this time I thank that the M5 had no MIDI... This makes this pedal a lot cooler! 8o

Pierre

Anyone have one of these synched via MIDI with the Kemper? I'm sure CK and crew will deliver an awesome new firmware with a ton of new effects as soon as I pull the trigger, but I really, really want to start rehearsing the Kemper with my group and its lacking several effects which I need. Ideally, I'd put it in the loop and control all the switching via Behringer FCB1010.

To my knowledge there is no MIDI connection possible on a M5, maybe you meant M9?

Pierre

OK then, I will ask my question another way. Could you guys post samples of the artist tones you made using actual profiles and speak about how you set everything to be in the good ballpark? Maybe we could start a thread about artist tones this way?...

After all most of us will not live in music using their own tone signature ( I mean making money 8o ) and we often have to play covers. And when playing Pink Floyd or U2 covers, for example, the most accurate tone is critical.

So more playing less speaking please! :D

Pierre

PS: And please no more "the tone is in the fingers" affirmation, we already all know that!!! ;)

THIS!

The beauty of the KPA is the 'trust your ears and tweak it' paradigma contrary to 'methods of taming the beast' from the well known (Ahem) competitor.
    Hunting for artists packs only hinders you from developping your very own signature tone.

All IMO, of course. 8)
    And I wouldn't mind some tips/inspiration how to dial in some FX from other people from time to time, but it needn't necessarily be Adrian Belew, Gilmore or Andy Summers.

Of course 90% of the tone is in the fingers but the remaining 10% is really important because why would all of us spend almost 2K for a KPA if anything a lot cheaper would do the trick? When I ask for artist bundle it's obviously not to create my own tone signature but to use in a cover band! But I totaly agree that there is no need for those bundles to be made by the artist himself!

Pierre

Artist packs are a great idea but they only make sense if they are made by the artists themselves or with the supervision of the artists. If they are made by someone else you will probably never get what you are expecting. I hope Kemper tries to reach more artists to create packs for the KPA. That would be really attractive for a lot of customers.

The problem is that most of the artists that interest me are dead or probably way too much expensive for a small company like Kemper BUT there is a lot of guitarists who make their live playing in good cover band of specific artists and learned to nail their tones with great results!

Pierre

I understand, but you could provide accurate time based effects with an amp and cab that would put the user very near the goal. You could sell those packs saying that it's like if you plug your own guitar in the artist rig then tweak to your taste!

Pierre

It could be really great if armin or Andy could produce some Hendrix bundle, Pink Floyd bundle, Eric Johnson bundle etc. They could invite some of the hotter guitarists known to perfectly nail the tone of a specific artist then work with them from already profiled amps or new ones to produce a bundle including a variety of songs tones!

What do you think? For my part I would buy a serious bunch of those packs! 8o :thumbup:

Pierre