Posts by Pick909

padella31 thanks for your appreciation! You have to know that I added a big muff and some modulation in front and heavily modify the rig to fit my guitar. But the profiles will certainly give you a good start point.

I recently used some Pink Floyd Rigbusters profiles for Comfortably Numb in a concert I made with the children of my elementary school. I somewhat tweaked them to sound as good as possible with the guitar I used. But there are so much different tones from different songs it is epic to nail them and, of course, there are the hands and playing of David Gilmour which are soooooooo unique!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At the moment, for studio use only, I would go for the Toaster or the Rack, but soon there will be an editor release and the form factor will not be a problem anymore, the Stage will be just fine too.

But it looks like the DSP will be optimize for this new Kemper speaker so you should get better consistent result with it. What I understand is that you will get the sound of various guitar cabs thru this FR speaker and not the miced cab sound. If it works it will be a kind very fine innovation! But you will have to be patient, it could be released at NAMM or later or sooner. So, like RUEFUS said, if you are in a hurry try something else in the meantime.

Alleluia!!! ;) Man, if you like the FM3 just go and buy it, no need to start a new religion! It certainly is a good choice but god is not a digital amp processor! :)

Hey man! No problem if you prefer the AXE FX over the Kemper! No problem at all! Axe FX is a fantastic unit!

It's just that, you'll have to agree, you look like the guy that is already convince that the Axe FX is the best of the best and tried a Kemper for a few hours just to be able to justify this assertion. Eight hours is not much even with experience. But it's your choice and I respect it!

Be happy with you AXE man! :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    here's my take on comfirtambly numb solo.I used ruth shall profile

Very good tone anb playing here! Thanks for the hint about ruth shall profile I will check it! :)

He already own an AXE FX and he obviously like it so I feel he just wanted to know if the Kemper had that something special for him that he didn't want to miss. Simple curiosity I guess. The problem is that he didn't give himself the necessary time to get there... I owned myself an AXE FX in the past and the time curve to only beginning to get the tone you wanted was a lot more than just ''many hours'', a loooot more. Whith the Kemper it's easier but still you have give to yourself a few days at the least!

I would encourage you to learn the Kemper interface which is very intuitive and simple. When I play live I know that I can modify anything on the fly without the need of a computer. I'm not saying that the editor will not be a welcome improvement but the downside is that people just don't know anymore how to use the interface when needed.

I know I know it's all in the fingers! And when we talk about David Gilmour (Mister Feeling himself) this assertion is obviously very very relevant! But it seems difficult to achieve this tone with so much effects and still cutting thru the mix. Any rigs suggestions from you guys?

I found this video from Andrey Korolev (which sounds amazing!!!:huh:) and he uses a Kemper (and his fingers!!!) to get there. Maybe he could chime in? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynSc2oYemsE

It looks fantastic! And this guitar will carry a very interesting story!

I think the key is for Kemper to have a standard speaker cab so that they can compensate digitally from a known point.

Even if it isn't FRFR the Kemper "understands" it's lack of flatness and compensates.

This would be an absolutely amazing innovation!!!