Posts by andrewwarne

as i live in the beautiful city of Bath, i get to walk and daydream in a wonderful setting a lot, and was musing on this conundrum of the clean sound settings from various amps. Big hats off to the guys that posted the 65 tupelo and the Carr rambler, these along with a couple of recent postings, seem to have more depth and resonance than some of the earlier ones, and i wondered if, as the software and hardware is worked on, whether there could be an element of improvement now available as the unit is refined, compared to some of the early adopters efforts?

anyone got a view?

well i'm working my way through it all, it is a labour of love, but we have been spoilt with an embarrassment of riches, and continue to be, havent tried the new stuff from the last couple of days, but some really interesting stuff there. I intend to rationalise it down to the best i can hear from the range, adapted to my ears, and then i'm going to clearly name them by amp and cab of origin, as emotive names, or personal ones, get forgotten, but trying to be clear about their roots will help me pick em for future use when i'm recording and playing with the band

i'll happily share all this when i'm done, but it will take a while yet, but will post once i'm happy

since i started this thread, thought i'd chuck in my pennyworth again

There is a distinct difference with some gain settings to others, and i use a wide range of guitars, from humbucker mounted PRS and les paul, to P90 hamer and single coil tele, all of them to a lesser and greater degree, have this interference

I have a bought a mains pack filter, and changed guitar leads, and gone round the house turing all possible signal interference off, still there

not blaming kemper per se, and its not a deal breaker, the unit is far too good to let go, but with valve amps never had this, continue to try and find a solution, it does go when my picking hand is on the guitar strings, what does that mean?

I think this is an interesting thread, as I tend to use mainly clean/crunch settings, not a hi gain kinda guy. I have taken a number of clean cab profiles which can have a wide effect on the subsequent amps sound, agree strongly about the gene and eddy 4X10 cab, its great, in addition the cabs from the little 6v6 swart atom, fender champ, morgan 20 and one of the brute&phat clean settings are all very useable, and create a different tonality for clean sounds. I also love the way crunch sounds, like the morgan for example, clean up with the guitar volume knob

I am spending so much time trying to get my ultimate setting assembly together, I don't want to miss anything, but also am looking forward to having created my optimum collection, so i can get back to playing the guitar rather than being some sort of guitar tone tester

its testimony to just how good this damn thing is that my sounds keep getting better and better as i learn to feel my way with it, and some of the recent additions have been excellent as we all improve, the 2 recent matchless posts are outstanding, as is the two rock clean profile, when i eventually get to the end I will share the results for anyone who's interested, but given the wide variety of taste here, it is such a personal thing, which is also a huge thumbs up, as this unit seems capable of satisfying many guitarists needs in a wide range of circumstances

great job chris

As i am fundamentally a home studio based guitarist these days, I only play live 6 times a year, getting this unit right at home through the mac and powered monitor speakers is my main goal

i'd welcome any honest suggestions how the profile i've put here, and the AC30/Swart, how they :thumbup: may be improved or adapted, I know this also steps into personal taste, but everyones opinion is valid, and my aim is to continue to learn how to get the most and best out this amazing piece of equipment

so feel free to offer thoughts, negative or otherwise, i want to learn, and certainly won't just from nice things if there are ways i can improve on it

thanks guys

ok, that was becoming my conclusion after the various tests and suggestions, I assume i'm looking for some sort of screening solution, does anyone know much about this, some of you pro guitarist types?

would it be between the guitar and the kemper, or is it a mains 'box' of some sort that the kemper plugs into, any comments gratefully received

All credit to Marko and Ptbarnum, this beauty of a confection is simply the marriage of 2 stunning ingredients, the famous Golub MArshall and my personal favourite cab that is just brimming with presence and life, the Cab from Ptbarnums little Swart atomic

I have no amps to offer, so if I hit upon something that floats my boat, i'll share it, hope you like it, it'll respond to guitar volume all the way down, oozing tone and attitude, well done guys

another update in this tedious saga

there are certain positions in my room where the disturbance disappears, mainly when I am playing facing my windows, 360 degrees round the room other than that it is still there, it is certainly connected to single coils and the gain structure in the kemper

i have wrapped in foil, no difference i'm afraid, I have moved it and myself all round the room, no difference, is there some sort of filter i can apply, and where would i apply it, that would clean up this problem

is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

let me know

thanks

This is a test profile cos of a high oscillation noise problem i'm having with single coils and P/90's, when the gains up, but also one of my morphed children from all of your generous contributions

if anyone hears the noise, and maybe has suggestions, let me know

if you don't, hope you enjoy it

I love slightly spongy saturated sounds which clean up from the guitar volume, and this is one I seem to get lost in quite a lot, love the little swart cab, just wish i could get rid of this interference

enjoy

Hi guitarnet70

I've uploaded a test profile, AW AC30/SWART CAB, its a blend of an AC30 with the cab from the little swart, which is one of my favourites

I aim for that crunchy, slightly spongy saturated sound that cleans up from the guitar volume, so its when the gain is coming out on full that i can hear this disturbance

good luck and thanks for the help

tylerhb i've already tried most if this. but will raid the kitchen later for foil and see what happens

very distracting, thanks chaps

Um, yes Bruno, it does decrease and disappear as the guitar volume comes down to nothing

I have unplugged everything in my environment, and its still there, it is totally related to the amount of gain, and also treble applied on settings and indeed my guitars tone knobs, but I have tried 3 different guitars and 2 different makes of cable, and still there, much more acutely on single coils, but discernible on humbuckers too

i have plugged the unit into a different wall socket, and even turned off the broadband wifi and units in my sons bedroom next door, nothing changes

I've used this room for all my guitar playing for years, with various valve amps, and a lot of guitar sims like guitar rig 5 and amplitude 3, but never heard this before

its either in the unit, and is reacting to certain settings being heightened, or i need some sort of 'cleaner' 'filter' in my system, but don't know what that is

My best description is that it is a regular high frequency clicking oscillation

any advice and help greatly appreciated

it's in the kemper and is directly linked to the amount of gain. I have changed leads and used 3 different single coil/ P90 guitars and it remains, it goes with heavy use of the noise gate, but even then it's audible behind the guitar signal. It is a high frequency clicking oscillation, not heard it before but now I can't stop hearing it. Anyone able to replicate the problem, or have any advice?