Posts by Maurizio70

That's strange that the SPDIF total latency is higher than the one from the main outs.

ckemper or Burkhard - do you have some light to shine on this?

I can confirm based on my test (some time ago) two things:

1) SPDIF Out add more or less 150 samples latency respect to Main Out

2) REAMP add some latency respect to original Main Out Track Recorded (that i normally compensate manually each time I do some REAMP)

These Reverb are among the BEST Reverb Digital implementation ever done (absolutely comparable to high studio reverb)... no need to add external Delay/Reverb module ...

It worth to wait, GREAT WORK Kemper Team!!!

Almost 7 year also for me ... and I want to tell you my story ...

I still remember it as it were today, navigating on YouTube just on the new year vacation's days I saw two video of an italian guy who played some riffs with the guitar alone, without showing any amp, I jumped over my chair saying ... DAMN what's the hell ... such an incredible sound, it can't exist, I immediately thought he had tons of analog amp and pedals ... but then I look on the description ... KEMPER PROFILING AMP demo version...

From there I cannot slept anymore thinking of those video, I talk with that guys (Raffaele from Sardegna... thanks again Man!), than with my wife (the more difficult moment!!!!) ... and 2 weeks after the KPA was on my table!

It is the best "material" gift in my life I ever received... still loving like the first day, maybe more and ... please Mr. C. Kemper, if you ever do a Kemper2, make all compatible since I don't wanna loose ANY of the rigs I already have for the rest of my life ;-)))

...for the more curious here are the incriminated videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnx0RB3_GX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSzYp6U-Dpw

God Bless Kemper Team ;)

Hi All,

I love this solo as many people all around, so I tried to recreate the sounds of Steve Hackett... but when I start searching for it I asked myself ... which era???

Since Steve changed the sound during the years and I loved MANY different sounds I decide to go for the three I liked more, the original studio one, the Live in Budapest 2004 and the Live in Tokyo 1999 (you can easily search for them over the Internet).

Hoping to be useful to someone ... here are the key KEMPER/REMOTE points:

1) to sustain the notes, I used no additional sustainer or similar, only the natural feedback of the Les Paul over the Amp and the "Hold Delay" function for the famous F# long note

2) to obtain the distortion I used a clean amp with a Muff in front of it for the Live version, while for the studio version I used a dirty channel HiWatt and only a boost/EQ before the pre-amp section

3) strong using of morphing feature in all the passages from the “verse” part towards the “chorus” and viceversa

For the Live 2004 and the Studio versions I recorded also two videos over very different backing track (the Live really played by friends of mine and the Studio over a very good backing found on the net), in the Live video I show in which points I used the KPA remote:

Firth Of Fifth LIVE Version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Firth Of Fifth STUDIO Version

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On my guitar site there are even more info if you are curious ...

http://www.maurizio70guitarist…kett-firth-of-fifth-solo/

Guys, you don't know how much I like this thread, reach of good quality discussion and plenty of good advices...

I just want to remark this only apparently "stupid" senteces from Chris ...

The way I solved this sounds pretty stupid when I say it out loud, but here it is. I decided to give myself permission to write bad songs.

This makes it clear how much important is the psychological aspect of the all thing. If we leave more "free" space to creativity without too severe judging, the more we can go on and finish songs.

Let's start from my latest attempt to recreate the great sounds on The Final Cut album, I tried two diferent cover Your Possible Pasts and The Fletcher Memorial Home

Check all the information in the You Tube description field!

See you next one!

Hi to All,

some of you alreday know I'm a big fan of Floyd and Gilmour in general.

For several unwanted reasons I had to stop this activity for a while and recently I finally restarted it ... so I decided to post in this thread news and sounds to have a common point for all the interested people... I build several rigs over the years and posted something here and there sharing my results, so I believe this could be a good idea.

In general I try to recreate the original studio album sound and atmosphere, this is my main purpose.

Sometimes I believe to go very near the objective ... sometimes less ... but anyway it's good to share opinion, settings and ideas about one of the most iconic guitarist of all the times ;)

Enjoy!

In The Flesh? INTRO

Time SOLO Studio Version

Time SOLO Live Version (DSOT)

Shine On You - 1st SOLO Studio Version

The Fletcher Memorial Home SOLO

Your Possible Pasts SOLO

5 A.M. SOLO

Pigs SOLO

In order...

David Gilmour
    Mark Knofler
    The Edge
    Jimmy Page

and then ... many others Guitarist told me to NEVER stop ...

... and then ... comes a wife and one children and a second children ...
    ;-)))

I tested over months of recordings several brands and I ended up on:

"Les Paul" type scale I use D'Addario EXL 110 (10-46)
    "Strato" scale I use D'Addario EXL 120+ (9,5-44)

Very few of us use this set since they are less common but the total tension of 9,5-44 on Strato is the same of 10-46 on Les Paul and it's a great thing at least for me that bendings and pitch are similar changing guitars... Moreover is a very balanced set between high and bass side and I love balanced tensions...

Last period I tryed and positivelly tested D'Addario NY new types, they still cost too much versus standard ones but tone sustain end durability are all superior to the standard so I believe I will switch to them. I will maintein instead the set scale (10-46 for Les Paul and 9,5-44 for Strato).