Posts by Maurizio70

I had the same need in the past and I solved it tweaking each rig using the CABINET VOLUME to match volumes between different amp profiles.

Here you find my backup file if you want to see how it worked for me...

See also my tread A METHOD for ordering and naming KPA sounds (useful also to compare Amps and Rigs) in the Tips and Tricks section...

Maurizio

This is so awesome, thank you very much. Finally a way out of the tone-chaos that I´ve gotten myself into since I have my KPA.

One issue I have, though...I can´t switch Stomps and effects on and off by simply pressing the button (a,b,c,d,x,mod,delay,reverb), I need to use the on/off switch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again, this backup-file made my day (and many days to come...) :) :)

I'm happy you like it, next days I will add the Juanma Blanco rigs and more and better Effects Presets... but I don't know when I'll be able to upload next backup here... unfortunately I have very few time.
    For the STOMP/EFFECTS ON/OFF I use to flag the item "Direct Edit" in the System Menu, that's why you find this behaviour. Just unclick the Direct Edit Flag in the System Menu and you'll come back to your previous way. I prefer this because I edit a lot of thing, so for me it works better.

Don't forget to change your KPA Owner's Name because when you load my backup your name will change in mine "Maurizio70".

Ciao
    Maurizio

in my case it doesn't work , extension might be be incorrect , since Kemper doesn't recognize it ...

Yes, I believe it can be only an extension/renaming problem, never got a problem till now, a frind of mine put my backup in his KPA weekly without any problem.
    Just a suggestion: try to load one backup directly from you, to see if it works.

Let me know, if I can help you in someway.

Ciao!
    Maurizio

Waiting for a tool for ordering, naming and organize rigs ;(;) here is my latest backup file, for who is interested in starting with the KPA and doesn't know how to manage RIGs, but wants immediately a good starting point :D

On this my latest backup file (done on 1.1.1 KPA firmware version) you will find the following profiles normalized in volume in the way that with Master Volume at 9 almost all of them are near the maximum peak without clipping:
    1) in total about 600 profile selected in the latest 6 months of forum usage (corresponding to 100 Amps more or less);
    2) 100 profiles listed as "Preferred" ones to be sorted with 1.1.1 firmware;
    3) Kemper Factory Default including Rig Pack 1 of April and Rig Pack 2 of June
    4) And44 free profiles
    5) Guitarnet selection profiles of last March
    6) Acoustic and Bass Amps profiles and Acoustic Guitar SIMULATORs
    7) several updates and adjustments to the previous pack/backup

and for the presets:

1) 400 Stacks presets ordered by gain in 5 categories: Clean --> Crunch --> Drive --> Lead --> Metal, all normalized in volume
    2) Cabinet presets selection of And44 Pack and Tills Pack plus others few ones
    2) 80 Stomp presets ordered by Effect Type
    3) Delay and Reverb presets ordered and with some additions

Don't forget to save before all your RIGs you want to maintain and then to change your Author's Name on the KPA after installing my backup to easily find your RIGs with the new filter criteria "My Rigs" on the KPA Ver 1.1.1.
    The link of the file is in the top post, with further explanation of my RIGs organization.

Hope to be useful to someone...

Ciao and have fun !!!!
    Maurizio

Thanks for the explanation :thumbup: , just 3 little more question on the signal flow ^^ maybe for the Kemper team...

1) the dry signal mixed with the standard one is the signal before or after the Stomp Section?

2) the mix of the two signal happen before or after the EQ-CABINET Section, or somewhere else?

3) at "DIRECT MIX = 10" the two signal are mixed 50% and 50% or what?

Sorry for the extreme accuracy :whistling: , I know that sometimes will be enough to listen if it sound GOOD ;)

I found a new parameter in the Amp section (in the second page after clarity, bias ...) called DIRECT MIX .
    It goes from 0 to 10 and it is setted to 0 by default on all the RIGs.

I didn't found any explanation for this (sorry if I miss something to read), so, did someone help me to understand the new functionality?

I try it and I see that it change a little the tone, as an effect similar to definition/clarity parameter.

Thank you!
    Maurizio

To listen music in general, I found for me nothing better than the Grado headphones, but they are "opened", so your wife (as mine) still would not like them and will wake up in the meedle of the night :sleeping:;(

But just for the sack of curiosity take a look:

http://www.gradolabs.com/page_headphones.php

I can assure you that, even from the starting price of 120 Euro (the model SR 60I) they sound absolutely unique.
    Everyone must listen to them at least one time... ;)

I use the Focal CMS 65 and I can onestly say that they sound fantastic. Even if I have some resonance issue in my room, this monitor are incredible for mixing, it's absolutely true that they give you the possibilities to hear everything and understand easily what to you want and what you don't want to hear!

Let's say that bad mix or bad sound are shown exactly how they are, so they don't hide nothing...
    For the KPA it's the same, you can easily tweak your sound to use after in any pa system without bad surprises. But if are hearing a bad sound for your guitar that's shown in front of you directly!
    I believe in general that for the kpa 8 inch woofer is still better... this monitor have 6,5 inch, and anyway the bass response is still full, rich and harmonic, plus the monitor are the smaller I found with such great performance. If you don't have problem of space think about an 8 inch monitor but be careful that the sound remains still linear and that the bass response doesn't cover meedle freq spectrum!

For the nearfield stuff, you can use it without problems until 2-3 meter of distance and appreciate all the clarity and power.
    So, let us know your final decision ;)

Perfect review of our KPA :thumbup:

I think exactly the same things and have exactly the same feeling to it.

Never heard something with such incredible tone vs real amps.

But please CK more effects for us soon ;( and an editor !!! ;)

**** UPDATED on 15th August - SUPPORT already answer me: the bug is confirmed and will be fixed in the next release ***

In the new release 1.1.1 the tremolo stomp have always the depth parameter set at maximum position: moving it from 0 to 10 there is no effect at all.

Thanks
    Maurizio

I generally use ALL the parameters available to make good sounding rig a great sounding one (to my ear/taste), not because I have to but because I like to.

Me too, I like a lot tweaking and I use all the available parameters to build the sound for that particoular taste, guitar, song...
    But beside this, the Kemper Amp is the first and unique modeler, profiler, that without any tweak already sounds GREAT!

Copy the files to your PC and format the stick with the KPA. Please contact support and let them know which stick you are using. I have this behaviour with one stick here, too.
    Timo

Thank you so much for the tip, I format the USB stick and also do a clean up of the file inside. now it seems to work.
    The USB had no problem at all, but something goes wrong with the KPA, I hope to have definitively solved the issue.
    Thanks again :thumbup:

Just installed 1.1.1, all seems fine at the beginning (what a great improvement in sorting and ordering!!), but as soon as I try to import rigs KPA go in stand by, nothing happen, no import at all, and I have to force KPA switching off.

Also tryed system restart and the issue is still there! :(

What a pity!! Anyone else with this problem??? ?(

Hi guys, first of all I want to underline that my method to order and name rigs is just my method. It's not and it cannot be for many others or for all. But since we all have a lot of problem, or at least, very time consuming, to create a sort of better organized rigs collection, I simply wanted to show mine hoping to help someone else or just giving some interesting ideas. Just as example I don't use DI profiles so I don't have them in my collection, instead many want to use them!!
    Second thing I'm very happy that someone like mbenigni take advantage of that, I think that my method and my backup file can be very very useful especially to start with the KPA avoiding lost in thousand rigs with no organization. But after that I believe that everyone must find his own method to organize rigs and preset, simply because everyone have different needs.

Apart of that, some final notes:
    1 In general I didn't change any tag in my rigs collection, too much work required for this without a management tool, so I only change the rigs name. Moreover I create for almost every amp also a stack preset with different naming convention to differently switch between amps
    2 I'm in vacation with my family still some days, and let's say... the only thing really missing here is the ... KPA :) so, next week coming back to 'normal' working life I will post my backup upgrade with Rig Pack 2 inside, and some others few very interesting rigs... so, if someone is interested in, just wait some few days!
    3 For the Rigs Exchange instead I believe that a sort of Guiding Rules, not a constriction, at the very beginning, would had help... maybe too late now, I don't know, for sure the naming and tagging of the Exchange forum is very far from being under control, just my opinion!!

Thank you for your attention and let's keep on, fortunately even with a randomic naming KPA sounds will beat everyone and give still a lot of pleasure to our ears!!! :thumbup: