Posts by Stevewray

Hi, I am running Mac OS 10.13.16.

I have updated Rig Manager to 3.3.55 and my Kemper is currently at 7.3.2.16239 but Rig Manager isn't "seeing" my Kemper. Do I need to upgrade the Kemper to 8.7.20.44681 via USB flash drive? (The info on the Kemper site seems to imply that it should be able to do it via rig manager, but it gives a message as though it's looking, but then does nothing)

TIA.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm using a FC 200 midi foot controller, can I set the expression pedal to control Wah, Volume and Pitch and if so how? I need an idiot's step by step guide. (sorry!)

Also can I set one of the pedals to control tap tempo?

I realise both of the above can be achieved using separate expression pedals and footswitches but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

(Believe it or not I've been a Kemper owner since they were first released but have only used in my studio, just upgraded to the PowerHead to use Live and want to keep my set up as simple and portable as possible)

Hi guys, I just thought I'd chime in here.

Testament wasn't done with the Kemper, we used a Fender 5150 with matching cab. All the guitars for this were tracked in August last year (in the UK). I did however know that I would be needing to reamp later in the year on certain sections as we ended up tracking in the US, so I left Eric's rig set up in the UK. Once I got the Kemper I profiled the sound and reamped the couple of sections with the Kemper. Sounds amazing, you cannot tell the difference.
    This profile is available for huge sums of money, PM me and I will send you the bank transfer details.

It was actually Wolf from Accept that turned me onto the Kemper, I think he'd seen it at an amp show in Nashville or been told to check it out . We spent alot of time at his place in Nashville profiling rigs that he's used throughout his career, old modded marshalls, Wizard, Splawn, Fender etc and got some great results. The biggest advantage for me in the studio with this is how flexible it allows you to be. Want to track clean....click, redo the rhythm on bar 28 on song 5....click. Also just being creative with tones and layering, its at your finger tips rather than having to set it up every time. Its a lazy producers dream :) (that'll be me then!)

Again, the kemper was used in parts on the record as we were still in the thick of things when we got hold of it.

Have any of you guys dared use one live yet? I've had it freeze on me a couple of times which is fine in the studio but obviously not in a live situation.

All the best
    Andy