This is starting to become a BIG annoyance with the KPA.
This needs to be addressed ASAP IMO.
While the direct-to-board sound is stellar, the tone to a power amp/guitar cabinet leaves MUCH to be desired. I hate that the cabinet sound is still present even when you turn it off. As I have mentioned before, a "mix" option would be a win-win situation in my book. Then if you want the cab to flavor the sound a bit...you got it. If you want the cab entirely gone...you got it.
God, I hope they fix this soon.
Thanks for sharing! Great news
I made a profile using two mics; results were interesting. I need to spend more time with this idea.
I'm getting ready to try two amps soon...I'll keep you posted. I'm very curious.
I set the compressor at 5.0 which gives this rig everything from heavenly cleans to raunch 'n roll based on how heavy you pick.
This rig is pure tone heaven with a Tele...all three positions sing like a canary.
A little bass boost in the X effects section helps make up for the small sized cabinet.
Overall a great roots rock/country/blues rig that I never get tired of playing.
Here's a clip:
Hope you enjoy!
Just uploaded my Reason Bambino (Normal Channel) to the rig exchange. This is a great amp for that roots rock/blues mojo. Very Black Crowes-ish. It also does surprisingly well if you crank the gain up. Enjoy.
it says "JN Fender \\\ '59 Ba" in mine
Wow...sounds like a technical support question. Definitely beyond my scope. Sorry! I'm not sure if this is an export or import problem. Hmmm.
Seems like another thing to add to the "annoying" list...the title gives you more available character slots than can be shown on the display.
I'm an absolute beginner but managed to import today around 20 profiles from the rig exchange database.
All worked out fine but for whatever reason the profile "JN Fender \\\'59 Ba" from Johnny does NOT appear in the Kemper (display) like all the other profiles.
I re-tried and downloaded again just the respective file. When I plugged in the USB stick and pressed the import "button" the Kemper answers that ALL files already have been transferred....but still whether the profile "JN Fender \\\'59 Ba" nor the name "Johnny Navarro" (when sorting after author) do appear ....
Any idea ???!! Thanks a lot upfront!
Hmmm...I have no idea!
The only thing I can recommend is to make sure you have the latest firmware and reboot. I'm running version 220.127.116.1197B.
BTW the display should read "JN Fender '59 Bassman..." (without the "\\\").
Newly uploaded...my Fender Tweed '59 Bassman Reissue 4X10.
One of my favorite clean tones of all time. Very sensitive to picking dynamics.
BTW, I run my amps a little bright; that's the way I like it with me Tele
I hope you all enjoy. I tested this live through a JBL Eon G2 in addition to direct recording via Logic Pro. It should be highly useable with minimal tweaking.
This rig sounds great with a bass guitar too.
This KPA amazes me more & more every day...
Peace, love & music from Las Vegas, NV.
Hi, thanks for putting this up Kemper folk, i have some suggestions though.
1) Tags. I'd like to be able to add tags to rigs that I download or upload, and then I'd like to be able to search via tags when I want to look for something that's e.g. "Crunchy" or "Clean" or "Bright". Think "Filtering" rather than "Searching" when trying to find information.
2) Ratings. Check Netflix for this. I want to give a rig a rating between 0 and 5. I want to be able to see other peoples ratings. Possibly even filter it to the ratings that others who have given similar ratings to me have given (i.e. see what others with similar tastes think).
3) The option to upload an Image/Icon to go with the profile. Sometimes it's easier to remember things visually than pheonetically, especially as a lot of the profiles have very similar names or just seemingly random character combinations in their titles.
4) The ability to link soundclips of what the profile sounds like. Not just for the OP but for others who use the profile. It can use a link to soundcloud or youtube, just like you can do on most forums (so you don't have to host this yourselves).
5) Reviews of profiles. This would go with ratings and linking soundclips on Soundcloud (or wherever), sometimes you want to know exactly what people think of a rig.
6) More results per page. Maybe even use a DHTML or HTML5 element that allows infinite scrolling like the facebook main page just loading in more profiles as you scroll down.
Thanks again for this, and I hope you might consider some of these ideas.
I agree with all these suggestions!
Regarding #4, I would like to see the ability to DIRECTLY like to soundcloud clips (like The Gear Page does) so you can audition the rigs without leaving the page.
I feel ya...I had EXACTLY the same question when I started profiling. The omission of a level meter sucks.
Check out my "biamping" thread. Multi amps setups are a bit tricky cause you need to deal with the slight phasing. I tried to use a slight delay on the second amp. I was not too happy with the results, but i might a second try sometime...
I'm having trouble finding it...navigating around here is not as easy as other forums. Search didn't return a useful result. I checked your profile but couldn't find a list of threads you created. Do you have a link?
If you have a rig loaded, turn the BROWSE so you se the rig in the browse window.
In upper left corner you have a soft button marked DELETE.
Choose that and follow the instructions.
Please share the answer!