Posts by ba_hill

Great! The low input profile immediately became one of my favorites. It sounds great clean with my guitar's volume rolled off, distorted with the volume up full and everywhere in between.

Brian

They may be a little cleaner than what you're looking for but I've been having fun lately with a couple of Bogner Shiva profiles - Shiva clean 5 and Shiva clean 10 - from the Rig Exchange. If they're similar to what you want but not quite singing enough you could push them with a booster in one of the stomp slots.

Brian

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting these! I played through them all and like all of the clean ones. I could any of those for either recording or playing live with just a slight adjustment of the tone controls on my guitar or on the Kemper. Of the overdriven/distorted profiles I generally preferred the second and third mic positions - Dome Edge / dist 1.5 and Dome Edge+0.6/d 1.5 and generally the Audix over the SM57. My overall favorite distorted profile is #13. It has the sound I like for playing live - a balance of highs and lows with relatively little of the mic character in the sound. For recording I'd probably use a lot of the other profiles as well. Often those with more of the mic character work well in a mix with other guitars.

I found an easy way to audition large profile packs like this. I set them up as (in this case 20) performances. That took only about 20 minutes to do and all the MIDI numbers are assigned automatically. With the FCB1010 with the UnO4Kemper chip you can then navigate through all 100 of the profiles. Also, it's easy to reorganize the performances so that you can, for example, put all the clean profiles together.

Brian

You're welcome! It was nice to meet you and a real pleasure to hear you play. That was the first time I've really had a chance to listen to the KPA up close when I wasn't playing it and it made me even happier that I bought it.

Brian

I tried the DXR12 on a gig and then had a chance to hear the 10 and the 12 side-by-side at a store. They were slightly different but the 12 wasn't (to me) clearly better than the 10 so I chose the 10 because it's smaller, lighter and less expensive.

Brian

No hiss, I can hear the fan in a quiet room but no hiss. I have the main output of my KPA connected to the DXR10's XLR input with the MIC/LINE switch set to LINE and the input level at noon (0 dB). When I was demoing a DXR at a store the salesman set the switch MIC and I could hear hiss then so I always use the LINE setting.

Having to downgrade the rig limit because of a software update tells me that there should have been more thought about the OS space and how it would affect future updates. People are still asking about core features, yet already we are having to make more space for software updates.

Limiting the number of profiles to 1000 isn't a downgrade. Early last year, shortly after the KPA became widely available, when users asked how many profiles the KPA could store the answer from Kemper was 1000. See this thread from February 2012. There's probably an even earlier post from someone at Kemper stating the 1000 profile limit. I don't think it was a lack of thought about the OS space it's just that the limit wasn't a hard one and users didn't know about it until it became an issue with the addition of new features.

[quote='Dimebucker1984',index.php?page=Thread&postID=80833#post80833]Hello

Hey do someone find these type settings Joe Satriani POG and harmonizer would be great to have those amazing settings that second settings guitar sounds like a keyboard :)

09:10-09:32 what settings that have?

I'm not certain that I have the intervals right but I get something close to this sound with the Chromatic Pitch effect in the X or Mod slot with these settings:
    Voice 1 Pitch -5
    Voice 2 Pitch 5
    Detune 0.0
    Voice Mix 1.7
    Mix 40%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.0

I use it after a moderately distorted amp profile like a Plexi or JTM45 Marshall.

Brian

Please take care that the volume settings in the effects before and after the loop are set to zero.

This makes it very difficult to use a looper in the mono loop in stomp C, for example, when there's a distortion or boost stomp in A. Once you've recorded something to the looper and let it play back, if you turn on or off the distortion stomp and (as is often necessary) it has the volume set to something other than zero, the volume of the loop playback will change. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Brian

You're welcome.

With my setup, FCB1010/Uno chip/FCB Control Center software, the default is to send CCs on patch change. I'm not sure if that is the default for the Uno chip or the Control Center software though.

I hope you get it sorted out. I'm reasonably sure that the problem is not in the KPA.

Brian

[edit] I was wrong. The default for my setup is to not send CCs on patch change. If that's the case with yours as well is there a way to verify that your FCB1010 is working correctly?

thanks Brian, I'll double check that, but I don't believe It's sending CC's on patch change. It's getting frustrating to change patches and randomly not have the effects turn on in there programed state. I have 30+ years using MIDI footpedals and this is frustrating the hell out of me ?(

This popup appears because your FCB1010 is sending a message to turn on or off an effect slot that is empty. For example, if you don't have anything in Stomp B but yourFCB1010 sends a message to turn off the effect in Stomp B you will get this popup. Make sure that the FCB1010 is programmed not to send any CC messages when you change patches.

Brian

I keep getting a message box popup ( Module is empty-please select a type or preset) randomly when I switch presets with my FCB1010 Uno. ?( :cursing: ?( When it pops up some of the effects do not turn on. And as I said it is random, but often
    I started with a blank slate in Ripwerx tonight and still have the issue. It appears to be something in the Kpa midi swithching. I'm feeling really stupid again after fianlly getting the Wa 's to work. to be honest I never had this problem with my Eleven Rack and It switch's programs with my GR55 just fine. Please Please some help ?(

I don't think they're locked. I also have stomps that stay on all the time no matter the preset.

I see. If they're not locked but they're on all the time I think the rig was saved with the stomps on. In that case you can either save those GCP presets with those stomps on (if that's possible) or save the Kemper rigs with the stomps off. You want to end up with the on/off state of the stomps in the GCP preset matching that of the associated KPA rig. For example, if the KPA rig has stomp A, X and Mod saved "on" the corresponding GCP preset should have those buttons saved "on" as well. I don't know if that's possible with the GCP. I have a FCB1010 and that's how I set it up.

Brian