Posts by BYTOR

I got a powered rack with remote for $1449 on Guitar Center’s used site.......not a scratch on either. Great deals on there, but you have to be checking quite often to find one.

The remote wasn’t even advertised with the unit....I found out it was included when I called the store. I paid for them over the phone instantly! It was a store in northern Florida & I’m in South Florida. Only $25 to ship & I got them the next day!

45 day return period......but it ain’t gong back!

Anybody who doesn't buy a piece of gear that they may love & that would fit their needs, simply because of something the owner of the company says or does, is a complete jackass!!

The Gibson or Fender/Charvel company owner could go on a mass shooting spree killing hundreds of people & it wouldn't stop me from buying a Les Paul or a Strat!!!

The Kemper doesn't have the actual tone stack of the profiled amp. It doesn't matter if to your ears the profile sounds really close to the actual amp. A pedal will know the difference!

The fact that it is not the exact tone of the actual amp, & the profile is using a generic tone stack, means that a pedal will sound different when used with the KPA profile.

Real is real & a profile is a profile no matter how close your ears think it is. A pedal can't be fooled like humans can! lol

Cliff is truly amazing! He is extremely competitive, and I doubt any company will dethrone the Axe-II as the "all in one box".

I just got a Kemper a couple days ago & I'm loving the Evil Robot profiles I got from the Amp Factory!

I'm still a total KPA virgin, but I can tell it's a cool unit.

My Axe II is totally amazing though. I have a blast with that thing, and you can literally do anything with it!

Great times for guitar gear!!!

There is no discussion until when or if it comes out of " Patent Pending" status.

Even if the patent is granted(could be in a month or years) it will not prohibit any company from cloning,copying,capturing or any other term they decide to apply to their device.

No one can own the process of profiling. Kemper would have to prove someone is doing it the "Patented Kemper Way" for it to potentially be a problem.

The patent office might grant a patent for a particular way of doing profiling that Kemper proves they invented. Not the generic process of profiling. Kemper didn't invent profiling. There may be something in the way Kemper does it that they invented, but that is all they could protect.

Let's see when and if they even get a patent issued, and what the patent says Kemper has the rights to.

Don't forget that Fractal will be releasing an effects only floorboard sometime in the near future(Cliff said so). It will probably have a looper in it as well.

Kemper+Axe-Fx Floorboard = winning!! lol

All you're doing is making the point I already made!!

Companies(any) that are very competitive, very smart, and not to be taken lightly, result in the end users winning!!

I own an Xbox360 & a PS3. I win

If the Axe-II can't do the profiling as well as the Kemper, then I will own both. I win again!!

Winning!! lol

Cliff is not dumb. Yes he is adding profiling because the Kemper is the new kid in town and people seem to like the ease of getting some good sounds from the Kemper.

Cliff obviously owns or has access to a Kemper because he stated that he "turned off the amp & captured one of the cabs from the Kemper" from one of the Plexi patches in the Kemper that he thought sounded the best. He says the Kempers EQ cab matching that takes place when the amp/cab profile is being done in the Kemper is the main reason for people getting a good sound more easily. With just amp modeling ,the speaker is not taken into consideration at all and people have to find the correct matching cab and tweak some speaker resonance controls etc... to get the best results. This process is more difficult for people, so many prefer the more plug n play nature of profiling amp/cab together.

He personally prefers the modeling approach, and so do many Axe users , but will give people the best of both worlds. We shall see.....

Cliff obviously has heard the best of what the Kemper has to offer so far, and he has announced that he will be adding his own profiling feature shortly. He knows that people will be waiting to hear if the Axe profiles will be worse,the same, or better than the Kemper. I highly doubt he will release his profiling feature if it doesn't have impressive results. Cliff is obviously very competitive, very smart, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

All companies should be this competitive, we the end users are the ultimate winners.

It is patent pending first of all so it is not issued yet. Even if it is issued, profiling is such a wide open technology, that it would be almost impossible to win a lawsuit against any other company that releases a profiler, or any company that offers profiling as an add on tech to their current product.

A company would just have to add some kind of exclusive revolutionary profiling name and call it for example "our exclusive M1HD-CloningTech". Or any other impossible to define marketing buzz crap.

Where you at in Florida? Do you play out anywhere, because I'd love to check out the Kemper live.

I live in Fort Lauderdale and own an Axe-Fx II that I love, but am interested in the Kemper as well.

Let me know if you are going to be playing anywhere close to me, thanks