Posts by Feck

Feck, it sounds like you're trying to drag from a folder on your PC (aka in Windows Explorer) onto the KPA icon in Rig Manager. I think you have to import them into Rig Manager first, then drag-drop them from that local folder in Rig Manager onto the KPA icon. But honestly I don't know.

Of course I've had lots of issues managing rigs on the KPA from RM so far. Tried to delete lots of rigs at once - didn't work. Haven't really even gotten to adding new ones onto there.

Thanks man. I created folders in Rig Manager (subfolders, I suppose they actually are) but was unable to drag the subfolder contents from within Rig Manager onto my KPA. I sorted it out with the USB stick workaround though. I know there are bugs to fix - just wanted to warn everyone to make folder backups at often intervals for the time being.

Yes, the Dirty Shirley is unbelievable, everybody who likes Plexis and old Marshalls should try it. :thumbup:

One question to the users of the Engl-pack: are the profiles just for metalheads or also useful for guys like me, who grew up in the 70's? (favourite players: Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck ect.)

I think the Engl pack is one of the most versatile he has done. Definitely much more in there than just high gain profiles (though those are awesome). I think the Engl might be my favorite all-around set of all of them.

Also, quick question - I had created a favorites folder on my PC, but when attempting to drag it onto my KPA I got the circle-with-the-slash-through-it icon every time. So I was unable to drag any of the folder contents onto the KPA - I had to move them to a USB stick and then put that into the KPA. Anyone else have any issues dragging custom folders onto the KPA?

So I just spent the last 4 hours going through all 2200 profiles I own and sorting them into individual self-created folders in the Rig Manager - favorites, non-favorites, unusable, and all profiles. After disconnecting one of my KPA's, the app froze on my PC, so it quit. When I re-opened it, my folders were there, but all the new contents were gone from my day long import/sorting session. Along with all the 1200+ profiles I had imported to my local folder. Luckily I had saved all the favorites I took 4 hours to mark onto a USB key. So, the moral of the story is - export each and every folder you create somewhere on your desktop, or else risk losing any work/categorizing you do.

So I just grabbed all the Amp Factory bundles I didn't own. After an hour, I can't get past the first 20 Engl profiles. Damn you Andy, stop making so many great profiles! I can't keeeeeeep uuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp......... :)

Does that not infer that we, at some point, will be able to keep all rigs on a USB key and switch between an unlimited amount stored on the USB drive? I haven't noticed a higher latency via the USB key, and since the KPA reflects the currently-auditioning rig, it seems as though it does not matter whether the rigs are in fact stored in the internal KPA memory or on an external device. Any chance we can get an official word on whether this is in fact the case? I would love to be able to just keep all 2000+rigs on my USB stick plugged into the KPA for memory expansion.

I thought they would be encrypted to my account? Is this not the case?

Of course not. There is no way for the KPA to do any of that at this current stage, and hopefully there never will be. Genie back in the bottle scenario, don't you think? It is a slippery slope - the KPA was clearly started with the idea of community in mind. For the first several months the KPA was out, I spent quite a lot of time making profiles and didn't even consider the option of making money from them - I just uploaded them to the exchange. After a while, a few started charging. Over time more and more did. Since the idea of charging came after the community was already up and running, and it was well known that there was no DRM in the KPA, it seems to me that anyone who charges for profiles, while charging is their prerogative, must have considered the fact that at least a certain amount of product was going to be lost to sharing. I personally don't have a problem with some rig sharing. Just as I don't have a problem with people who buy my music playing it for a room full of friends who haven't paid a cent for it - the word does get around, and experiencing something is the best way to sell it that there is. I can go and demo any guitar amp I want before buying it. Not so with profiles. These days there are pretty pricey profiles...before dropping several hundreds of dollars on them, I want to be able to use them for a bit before plunking down that cash. And since there is no way to demo them, it's pretty easy to see where the idea of sharing them comes in to play.

Feck, first of all, jealous. Second - have you considered using the Parallel Path option added in 2.3? Then you could blend full frequency and Darkglass inside one KPA, and a different amp profile in the other - like a MarkBass or cleaner SVT.

Now that's a killer idea. Definitely going to try that tomorrow. Thanks man!

Hey everyone. I know I asked about this in a different thread a week ago, but I received my 2nd KPA yesterday for stereo amping. I am running into the input of one KPA, out the direct output/send of the first KPA into the instrument input of the second. I am getting phasing issues. In the other thread it was mentioned that no conversion happens with the direct output, so I am wondering if there is something else I need to set in order to have proper phase correlation. Any help would be appreciated as always. Thanks!

So I have the black toaster arriving tomorrow to complement my white toaster - super psyched to be able to track stereo guitars, as this is one thing that has kept me in plugin-land for a lot of my deadline sensitive composing. Now I will be able to have KPA quality stereo amping instantly. I also have a custom Tone Tubby Alnico 2x12 cabinet on the way which will be wired for mono or stereo, so I will be able to run both KPA's through one cab (one in each speaker for stereo) with my portable 180 watt ISP Stealth power amp. 2014 is starting off the right way! :)

It's a BETA. I don't understand how anyone can expect a beta to
    A. Have all promised features
    B. Work perfectly

It's a free, new piece of software. Be patient. As far as I'm concerned, it's awesome now and will be even more awesome with time.