Posts by timo

...........and what is the CC119 for? in the 1.8.2 manual there is nothing new on the usual CC list

You can find a detailed description in the MIDI Parameter Guide. The purpose is that, if you own a 7bit only general purpose controller, you can address the value of a (continuous) parameter with a 7 bit controller where you actually would need 14 bit. Instead of sending controllers 99,98,06,38 you can send 99,98,119 where the 7 bit value gets bloated to 14bit incl. a correct mapping to center value.

Timo

wow...............a new release after the two days ago release. anyone know what are changes? the log doesn't say anything except the faster rig switching.......

• fixed: STORE doesn't work anymore in TUNER/PROFILING mode.
    • fixed: a possible hang due specific MIDI SysEx commands
    • fixed: cc119 value mapping didn't work right all the time
    • fixed: some issues with the Power Amp boards

I knew about these two seconds but I was afraid that I would be too late and switch during shutdown. (Don't know if that would do any damage.)

I guess yes, it would help if it is more than two seconds. BTW I can think of very few situations where you need a really fast shutdown. Maybe a long countdown (5 seconds, 7 seconds?) plus a softbutton to skip it and shutdown immediately?

It is actually 3 seconds and the whole purpose is that you can switch safely back to TUNER etc.

Timo

The most difficult part is the very limited way to configure the FCB in its original state. it only addresses values for a few fixed controllers (4 IIRC).
    There are much more parameters in the KPA than being addressable with 128 CCs.

Timo

Hi! I´m going to control my monitor out with a foot control pedal via Midi. Is this possible? If yes, there must be a #CC number, isn´t it? Thanks for your help - Michi :) :rolleyes:

Read the MIDI Parameter Documentation Page 7 (rev58).

B0 63 7F
    B0 62 00
    B0 77 (volume)

Timo

is there any problem to publish a dropbox-link here ?

I don't think that you should do this. The users upload their Rigs to Rig Exchange. In Rig Exchange itself, other Users can rate profiles and the forum offers a place for discussions, creating a kind of reputation for the creator of the profile.
    By just putting everything into an archive you violate the rights of the users creating the profiles as well as you take away the rating etc. and the idea of rig exchange itself.

Also, the archive can not be updated when users update their rigss in Rig Exchange and you don't automatically include all the new rigs since your "snapshot".

So, I don't think that it is okay to publish such a link.

Timo

I was told exactly this at the Messe.

The Kemper FCB must be connected with two MIDI cables. It will have bidirectional communication in terms of switching Rigs/Performances/Slots is reflected on the FCB as well as it can be controlled from the FCB. The FCB will also recognize the chicken head modes and will display the tuner information in tuner mode. You can also switch Slots on/off with it, the FCB does reflect this state as well, when edited on the KPA.

Timo

I had it on loan for a couple of days. But yeah, I'll wait until I get it to make bold wishes I don't quite see how I can achieve this without being able to switch stacks via CC though...I need to recall complete rigs from my foot controller, but also want to switch between two stacks within presets/rigs.

There is no way to select a local preset (like a stack preset) via MIDI. One of the reasons is: They don't have a number. You have just a bunch of presets.

But you can easily do what you want by storing the iterations needed and select them via normal program change commands.
    Assuming you have a Rig A which has Stack settings 1 and 2, you just save two rigs A1 and A2 and select them. They only differ in the stack section.
    Creating the Rigs A1 and A2 is easy. Take A1, store it, select the new stack from presets and store the Rig as "A2". Assign A1 and A2 on consecutive MIDI program numbers and you're done. Switch between the Rigs as you would switch between Stacks...

HTH
    Timo

Here is the pic of the message that displayed after the crash:

The error indicates that you have either a heavily malformed filesystem on the stick OR you have files (folders, volume labels etc.) that have names containing characters not allowed by the FAT filesystem ( '/', ';', '*' etc..).

Format your stick on your PC, afterwards format it with the KPA, it should work then.

Timo