Posts by timo

I'd love to connect my KPA to my power distributor so with one flick of the switch all my units (audio interface, midi floor controller, speakers etc) fire up and ready to rock. Except I'm worried about hard-stopping the KPA but killing the power. It seems when manually powering off unit using the 'chicken head' switch it does a graceful shutdown, and I don't want to inadvertently break anything. Anyone else doing something similar?

Turning the unit off with the chickenhead is better, since there are indeed some procedures during shutdown. It won't break your unit when you pull the power, but to keep performance up (boot time etc.), you should, at least once a while, shut it down properly with the chickenhead to give the system a chance to shutdown properly. The general recommendation is: use the chickenhead to turn the KPA off.

Timo

I ADDEDSOME NEW RIGS TODAY AND THEN ALL THE SUDDEN ALL OF MY RIGS HAD A DIFFERENT CLEAN SENSE SETTING !

You may have accidentally unlocked the INPUT section. Try locking it again by pressing [INPUT] and [LOCK] and check again.

I rebooted and held system key to reset the unit

Why did you do that? What

came up showing 0 of 0 rigs all my rigs were gone ?

Check that you don't have selected a View like "My Rigs". This setting is not reset after reboot.
    If this does not help, try booting with holding down [RIG]. This will rescan and rebuild the Rig database.

and why cant i set clean sense the same for all profiles?

You can't set it "for all profiles". You might keep it when changing RIGS by locking the INPUT section.

Timo

My first test was to send NRPN via CC 98->99->06 and see whether I could get Gain to change on the KPA.

All parameters are 14 bit values, so you need to address the whole 14 bit value*[1]. Send 98,99,06 and 38. Send 38 as last controller. The reception of controller 38 will set the value. The LSB is required to be set. Data Increment/Decrement is not supported.

Timo

[1] What applies to RPN also applies to NRPN:

"2. To set the selected Registered Parameter to a specific value, send a Control
    Change messages to the Data Entry MSB controller (Control Number 6). If the
    selected Registered Parameter requires the LSB to be set, send another Control
    Change message to the Data Entry LSB controller (Control Number 38 )."

The weird thing is that my KPA is still functioning as usual, but I get that message everytime at start-up. I just click ok, and continue on as if nothing is wrong. Wondering if it's worth a return if it's only the clock that is malfunctioning?

Storing is malfunctioning (as one example). If you have a Rig and you modify it and try to us "Store As" it will overwrite the previous Rig without warning (and by mistake), since _all_ rigs do have the same time. So the actual "rig name + rig datetime" is staying the same
    You have to get it fixed, so I urge you to contact support. The KPA needs a working clock.
    Timo

So I just updated to the 1.1.1 beta and after it rebooted, I got a message that reads: "Hardware Issue detected - Date/Time Clock failed. please contact support".

It's kind of weird because I have noticed in the past that the date and time is never correct. I set it to the correct date/time, then the next day it's wrong again. Has anyone seen this message before?

With progress of the firmware revisions, more checks are implemented. In this case, probably the battery in the panel is misplaced or broken. You should definitely contact support about it.
    Timo

Hey guys, is it ok to make sub-folders inside the shared folder for cabinets, rig pack 2, paid for profiles ect.. Will the KPA still recognise new additions. I need order in my life.

You can make any folders you like in the "SHARED" folder. During Import, all files (even in sub folders) are analyzed and sorted to the right locations.
    Timo

I know we've all heard about flash memory failures resulting from too many writes, but this is a bit much -

The FLASH can be definitely updated more than that (I've updated several hundred times here). What you can do is to update it more than once. The firmware flash has several partitions and the update process will try them one after another. Before you do that, turn off the unit by leaving it on and pulling the power cord. Then wait 1 minute. After that, connect the stick, press and hold the PAGE buttons and turn the unit on.
    Timo

Via midi is ok, but if you quickly turn the chickenhead the risk of switching off the unit is there....very bad on stage. I use midi.

It is not switching off for at least 3 seconds. If you really moved to "Off" by mistake, you have a lot of time to correct the setting. And you're looking at it anyway, so you'll notice.
    Timo

"My Rigs" is a view that shows all Rigs that have your name set as author. "Your name" is the owner name of your KPA, the "author name" is the one stored in the Rig. So you can not "move" anything to it.
    Views are not folders!

HTH
    Timo

Yesterday I took my KPA up to stage. Nice sound, everything´s fine BUT:

Midi CCs don´t function every time. Sometimes the wah doesn´t change to ON, sometimes a MOD is still on bypass after I switched it to ON, sometimes a delay is not there... My controller is the Fractal MFC-101 (omni and all other messages are OFF, so there should not be a problem). Any ideas?

Which controllers are you sending exactly?
    Timo

my KPA randomly decides it doesnt want to boot up. no lights, nothing. leave the power unplugged for about 30 minutes then it will start. any ideas?

Check your power line. It is possible that spikes are triggering the power protection .
    Timo

Just installed 1.1.1, all seems fine at the beginning (what a great improvement in sorting and ordering!!), but as soon as I try to import rigs KPA go in stand by, nothing happen, no import at all, and I have to force KPA switching off.

Also tryed system restart and the issue is still there! :(

What a pity!! Anyone else with this problem??? ?(

Copy the files to your PC and format the stick with the KPA. Please contact support and let them know which stick you are using. I have this behaviour with one stick here, too.
    Timo