Posts by timo

Hi.
    As I summarized in the subject, it annoys me a bit that I have to unlock the input to change the preset. I can select another preset, but the values will stay the same. Since changing a preset is an internal change, it should apply even if the section is locked.
    This is not a major problem at all, but it should be easy to fix (assuming it isn't intended)

You're right, that makes no sense otherwise. Ill' keep it in mind.
    Timo

Um, do any of you who are against the idea actually know about the development process for IOS? Development is $99 per year, and doesn't tie you down any more tha PC or OSX development, USB is perfectly possible and has been for years, not just with the camera connection kit, but with the standard lead that comes with the device. Actual development isn't any harder or really much different than targeting OSX as in essence it is OSX albeit a cut down version.

You may want to review the apple developer pages about the development process of hardware for iOS devices.
    Timo

result: 813 8)
    time it took to export all these rigs: more than 30 minutes!!!!

this is quite some time! ?( why does it take so long? the size of all these files is 4MB.....

A rig is about 4KiB, the speed heavily depends on the quality of your USB stick and on the overall number of files on it.
    Timo

It would be great if you could a bit elaborate on this as I'm sure it gets the attention of lots of users.

Since the wikipedia articles are pretty orphan, I suggest reading this excellent article:
    http://www.philrees.co.uk/nrpnq.htm

Basically it means that (nearly) all parameters are placed in a 14 bit controller space (0-16383) with values of 0 to 16383.
    To access the delay mix parameter, you shall send:

Code
    B0 63 4A (B0) 62 03 (B0) 06 hh (B0) 26 ll

where hh and ll are the high and low 7 bit values and the B0 in brackets are optional due running status.
    To set the mix to wet:

Code
    B0 63 4A 62 03 06 7F 26 7F

HTH
    Timo

Delay Mix, Reverb Mix, Chorus Speed

All parameters are 14bit NRPNs.

Delay Mix: #9475
    Reverb Mix: #9603
    Modulation Rate (Slots 1-4, X, MOD): #6420, #6548, #6676, #6804, #7188, #7444
    I will try to create a complete document. If you need something urgent, let me know or better, address Kemper Support.
    Timo

Is there a place to save the rigs you like to most so you don't have to search for them every time you turn on the KPA..

You can abuse the Snapshot list (and define the QUICK button to browse the snapshots). Unfortunately, snapshots can't be assigned to MIDI program changes.
    Timo

Default on Windows Vista and 7 is write cache turned off.

I stand corrected, "Quick Removal" is in fact default under Windows 7. Still, it is still safer to use the "eject device" function, since it assures you that there is no file activity.
    Timo

Windows does not use delayed write for USB (removable) memory.

Are you sure about that? What versions of windows don't?

Actually, this is a policy. On my system I disabled it, so I can remove USB sticks at any time (given not file operation is occuring).
    Default is write-cache, so you will get notified by windows that the removal might have lead to corrupted data if you didn't eject the device properly.
    Timo

I gig with my Kemper every week. I'm currently on 1.0.4 and have never had it crash. I just need someone to reassure me that 1.0.8 isn't gonna cause a crash. Is everyone absolutely sure this firmware is safe?

I can strongly suggest to update to 1.0.8, since there are a number of serious bugs fixed since then.
    "Absolutely" is a term I never would use :)
    Timo

Timo, thanks for looking into this a I have run across it as well. Is there a way to prevent any user uploaded rig to the exchange from overwriting midi assignments if they were assigned by the uploader, or is it not a possible issue?

The MIDI assignment is not part of the rig file. A rig that is copied to a different KPA is just unassigned until you assign it on that second KPA.
    HTH
    Timo

That plans are nice but I really would like to see stable FW first. Tonight my KPA was frozen again and I'm getting sick of it!
    FW 1.08 :thumbdown:

I see that you're crossposting this everywhere. Have you got contacted support about it? Since I haven't seen freezes since ages.
    Timo