Posts by jeff5x0

I finally found a clean that Im pretty happy with. Im using the Nace profile. Your Pittbull profile is outstanding! I havent tried it with my Wolfgang yet, but my strat roars with it. I dont usually use a strat for high gain stuff, but I might with this profile. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Greg, thanks for responding. The main outs -21 db was to the live mixer, not to my audio interface. I use spdif in the studio. My KRK's are nowhere near being cranked. I mix at a very moderate level in my studio. Im still really struggling with getting what I want out of the RCF. Like you, I try a profile, tweak a little if at all, and if it aint happening, I move on. I have not tried your idea of setting a profile with the volume loud on the FRFR and then turning it back down. I will give that a try this week.

The weird thing is, Im not struggling as much with overdriven tones, its more the cleans. To date I have not found one profile that I can get a really clean fat round sound out of. It sound flat and dull and I feel like Im fighting my guitar. I can get close with my strat, but not a chance with the Wolfgang. Dont get me wrong, Im still struggling a little with overdriven tones, just not as much as with cleans. Ive never had that problem with a modeller before. I can usually always dial in a clean sound in no time at all. Any attempt on the Kemper is lifeless. Before anyone jumps at me, Im quite certain that it is just something I personally have not figured out yet.....not bashing the Kemper at all.

I approach live sound alot like I do in the studio. I want it to sound good first THEN eq if necessary to enhance the sound, not to change it. Im not a huge tweaker. I rarely mess with deep edit features in the Kemper. I dunno, I assume I will get it figured out, but right now Im not getting along with my live set up and I was pretty disappointed this past Sunday playing live.

Jeff: What Level are you sending to the RCF? (you can see it from your master) No need to do any special tweak out of EQ on the monitor out (for the room, not much for the box).

Consider also that at the same (low?) volume of the KRK the RCF will definitely sound flatter, but it changes when you put some volume on it.

Maybe thats the issue. I dont have a loud stage level at church. Very low actually. Our drummer has an electronic kit so stage volume is pretty quiet. Monitor out (to the RCF) is running at -10 db. Main volume (to front of house) is at -21 db. Its not a whole lot louder than the volume that I use in the studio. Im very familiar with the Fletcher Munson effect, however, there just isnt enough volume for that to really come into play. btw, thanks for responding Davide, I always appreciate your input.

Thats awesome Mats! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!! Hey if you read this, pm me. I want to talk to you about the RCF NX 10. I read a post about you just playing out with one and loving it. I am having the exact opposite experience and wanted to ask you some questions.

Believe me Id love to run power amp into cab. I unfortunately do not have that option. I play mainly at church. Cant crank an amp there. Which was my whole reason for switching to FRFR 2 years ago. The Kemper was worth the price of admission just for my studio alone. But I have to find a happy medium for live use and so far Im not there yet. I guess whats puzzling me is how I can get such a huge great sound out of my KRK's which are only 8" speakers, and then have it sound small and lifeless through a 10" RCF. Doesnt make sense to me. Guess Ill keep tweaking and see what I can come up with.

Wow April? Thats a long wait. Is it because you are overseas? Im having a slight issue with mine, that I havent been able to figure out yet. Its not a big deal, but a little frustrating. I know its a setting I just dont have right yet, but I cant get the IA's to follow the Kemper stomps when switching presets. i have IA's set to global. In other words, when I switch to a preset, none of the midi raider's IA's "light" up even when a stored preset has an active stomp. If I press the switch, the stomp goes off (like its suppose to), then when I turn it back on, the IA DOES light up. Id like to have it reflect what the KEmper state is. Also, when I unplugged it for the first time yesterday, and plugged it back in, all of my presets were gone. It switched to 15 bank mode, instead of what I had it set to (5 bank mode). So, its definitely user error. I just need to figure it out. Maybe I can get it all work out by April lol. Otherwise YOU may be helping ME lol!

These issues come with putting together a whole new rig. I have to learn the Kemper, the Midi Raider, The RCF NX10, the Mission SP2, etc. Ill get it all straight....eventually!

Ok so I am less then thrilled right now with going to FRFR. In my studio, through my KRK 8's Kemper sounds glorious, magical, stunning, breathtaking. I just received an RCF NX 10 SMA. I ran from monitor out to the RCF. The magic is gone. Pretty lifeless, boxy, and sterile. None of the bounciness I feel through studio monitors. To be honest, I hate it. I just came from an Elevenrack into a QSC K 10 and it sounded MUCH better. I havent had a ton of time to try and dial it in but Im curious, do you guys run your frfr from monitor out of the Kemper or do you run it from the main outs? Does it make a difference? I havent tried it yet. I was expecting to be blown away by the rather pricey RCF, but so far Im repelled by it. It could be I havent had enough time to dial it in, but so far it seems to need ALOT of dialing.

In my studio I run it spdif out to my interface and I just cant stop playing. The 5153 patch just puts a grin on my face everytime. Playing that patch through the RCF sounds way different. I plan on spending alot of time with it this week trying to get it worked out, but curious as to what output you guys are taking to your frfr. Also, do you guys have to drastically eq your sound for frfr? I didnt really have to for my Elevenrack. Any insight would be splendid.

Im about the same place you are Greg. Just trying to wrap my head around equalling everything out. I did receive my RCF NX 10SMA last night. I only got to play through it for a few minutes though as I have been under the weather. I have to say initially Im disappointed in the RCF. Through my KRK 8" monitors I get the spongy bouncy feeling. It seemed like I was fighting my guitar a bit. The RCF seemed a little too heavy in the lower mids taking away the grainy-ness of my patches. Probably just an eq thing. Is it necessary to break in FRFR speakers? Maybe thats a dumb question, but I really dont know the answer. I assume since it is a speaker it needs broken in?

EDIT: User error on the RCF. I didnt realize my volume pedal was post and it wasnt down all of the way. Sudafed making me loopy,