Posts by jeff5x0

Just stepped back into the Kemper after not having one for a few months. I currently have a Rocktron Midi Raider as a controller. However I just ordered a FCB 1010 with Uno for Kemper because I want to start using Performance Mode. So you guys using the FCB 1010, for wah, do you have to set up a stomp space (Say slot A, or whatever) to actually turn the wah on, then start working your magic on the wah? Ive never used the wah before on the Kemper because I havent needed it. But now I do. So is that how it works with the FCB 1010?

One more question....What kind of effects are you guys using for volume swells. I just started doing a ton of these over the past few months while I had the Elevenrack. On that I just had a Delay at about 350 ms with alot of repeats and then heavy verb. I know its user error but Im having a hard time getting a good cathedral type of verb going. So I was just curious what you fellas were doing. Respond if you have suggestions / answers. Thanks!!!!!!

Heres my 2 cents.....I had the Kemper since it first started shipping to the states in February. Loved it the whole time. Due to a very hard financial situation I had to sell my Kemper. I purchased an 11rack to get by until I could get another Kemper. I had an 11rack before owning the Kemper so I was very familiar with it. After playing the Kemper for over a year and having to go back to 11rack was extremely difficult for me as a guitar player. I was so disappointed in the 11rack the second time. When I had it the first time I thought it was the greatest thing ever. But after playing the Kemper for a year and then turning on the 11rack, it just isnt in the same ball park. Im not ragging on the 11rack. For the money its the best bang for buck modeller out there. The hardest thing for me to overcome was the feel. The tones in the 11r were there for me, somewhat but the feeling was not close at all compared to the Kemper.

I literally got my new Kemper rack yesterday. Immediately loaded my back up file on there, turned to the Morgan 20 profile and BAM! Instant gratification. This thing is just so amazing. I went to band practice last night as was just ear to ear smiles. I stayed late after everyone else left, just sitting there playing. Not tweaking, just playing. I really dont think you will get tired of this thing.

So I got my new rack today. This is my second go around with Kemper, first one was the toaster. I updated to 2.0, not 2.1. I do alot of volume swells and noticed that everytime heel down on my volume pedal the tuner pops up. Why? Pretty distracting. Is there some menu to change this? Didnt see anything in the 2.0 manual.

It shouldnt sound drastically different. Maybe different but thats why there is a monitor out eq and a main out eq. Have you tried these yet? They are in the output section (output soft button). If youre going into your Mackie using monitor out of the Kemper you can set the eq how you like it on just the monitor. The main out controls the eqs to the main outs (XLRs) You'd be surprised how just minor tweaks, especially to the low end can really help. This is one of my favorite features of the Kemper. Good luck!

Compression is a taste thing. I dont use it at all. Eq has so many factors that go into it, especially what you are playing the Kemper through. Heres what I suggest. Find a tone you are close to happy with and start tweaking. Also I would HIGHYLY recommend buying the JCM 800 from Amp Factory if thats the amp you like. You dont have to buy a whole bundle just buy the JCM. I personally LOVE this profile from Andy. It works out to like 8 or 9 bucks I think for that Profile.

Curious, have you tried to listen through headphones? I dont own an Alto, but that may have something to do with the boxiness. Im not at all suggesting get a new frfr. But youll need to dial out the boxiness from the alto using the Kemper monitor out eq, or place a studio eq in the X slot. On my guitars I generally find that the boxy frequency is between 400 and 500hz. To find a boxy frequency put the studio eq in slot X grab the Mid gain knob, and crank it up, tighten the Q factor pretty tight then take the Mid Freq knob and turn it until you find the boxy or honky frequency. Then take the mid gain and turn it down to -2.0 db or so. Thats just some very basic guidelines.

I find most of the pro profiles I dont have to do a ton of tweaking. Even some of the free profiles dont require alot.

I couldnt agree more. I dont own one any more but I have had 2 in the past. Its a well thought out midi controller for sure. The only tiny quirk I had with it is how big it is. But man, 2 expression pedals (that work great) stomp box mode, what else could you ask for at that price???? Im not a huge Behringer fan, but they got this one right!

Agreed with the point about the sudden silence too. I can handle the LED's going as it won't affect a gig (although it would seriously piss me off after dropping so much on the unit and the FRFR and board to get it giggable) but the silence is a killer. If this is in a beta I have no problem with it as that's the risk you take running beta firmware, but on a proper release I just can't have it happening mid song. Although, I guess I would rather have a firmware issue than a hardware issue in the long run as the updates seem to be regular and decent - +1 to the Kemper team for that.

CK - do you have any idea as to what is going on with the LED's - is it a batch problem or a problem with the LED's in general?

I would have a difficult time believing it was a bad batch. I got my first Kemper the week it was released in the states. My second was replaced 6 months after that . The third one (second replacement) was 6 months after that. All I really want to know is if they are aware of what is causing this, and if they intend to address it. Sweetwater rep told me that they requested my unit to be returned to them immediately so they could look it over. My first 2 units were white toaster, the last replacement was a black toaster. I had no issues with the black one for the 7 months I had it. I had to sell it though. I have a new rack mount on the way. Im just hoping I dont have any issues with the leds. Whatever the issue is I feel confident enough that the Kemper team will get it solved, Id just like them to address it so we know that they are trying to solve it. It would ease my mind a little. :thumbup:

Im back! Kemper rack due to be delivered tomorrow. Its been hard playing through the 11rack for the last 3 months. Not that its a bad unit, it just wasnt the Kemper in terms of feel for me. Im super excited to be getting this wonderful piece of gear back!!!!!! Cant wait to play through the Morgan AC and Amp Factory JCM 800!!!

Eleven Rack has a computer interface/rig editor.
    Axe FX II has a computer interface/rig editor.
    Line 6 POD HD has a computer interface/rig editor.

Even the Zoom G3 has one. Kemper said its in the works, I believe them. Im sure it will be awesome as well!

Im curious as to why Kemper is silent on this situation. I had to exchange 2 untis inside of a year due to burned out leds. It has no effect on the sound or operation of the Kemper at all, but man when I shell out this kind of cash I dont expect the leds to burn out so quickly. My 3rd unit lasted as long as I had it. Im about a month away from purchasing another Kemper. I sold the 3rd unit because I was in a financial bind. Im excited to get it back and was planning on getting the rack mount to avoid any led hassles, but it sounds like it is happening on those as well. Im not complaining really, I would just like to know if this is ever going to be addressed. Im super happy that they exchange mine with very little trouble, but what happens when the warranty expires and the leds start going out?

This is a complete shot in the dark but take any instant access switch you arent using on the GC for that particular patch and set it to off or 0. Sometimes even though the switch isnt used for that patch it can be assigned a CC number and cause trouble. So what I mean is, if on your preset you are using IA switch 7.8.9.10.11.12 but not 13, 14 or 15 make sure 13 14 and 15 are not assigned to any CC number at all. They should be set to off if possible. Hope you get it working right! Good Luck!

Yea too good of a price if you ask me. Oh well. I dont know for sure if anyone would have a problem with me listing a link, I just didnt want to take the chance of ticking someone at Kemper off.

Located in Florissant, Missouri. If you enable your PM Ill send you the link. I just dont want to tick off anybody by posting a link here. Just search Kemper Profiling amp on Ebay. Right now there is 1 day and 1 hour left.

Thanks fellas. I do have a question though and Im not sure where to ask it, or even if someone can answer it. I bought my original Kemper in Feb 2012 when it first came out. Since then I have had two replacements sent to me from Sweetwater due to faulty led lights on front panel. Sweetwater told me Kemper has a 2 year warranty. Now is that from date of purchase, or does it start over with each new unit received? Im pretty sure it must be from date of purchase but wanted to ask. Also is the warranty transferable? If warranty was from date of purchase my Kemper would be under warranty for another 8 months correct? Just want to make sure that whoever buys it has some protection. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again!