Posts by Mibo

Hi
    I am also still looking for a good portable solution. I tried a SR technology SR-MON that I used in the past for acoustics but the the 8" Speaker hast too less pressure. Yesterday I played through a pair of HK Audio Premium PR:O 12 MA BK and the sound was awesome, crystal clear, warm and not harsh at all . Really everyone like the Kemper sounds (more than my tube amp sound for some songs :) -As they are available at out rehearsal place I will use them further one.
    Still I am looking for some portable for my other band and gigs. Someone who is working at a large PA Company said I should have a look at the new Yamaha DXR 12, DSR 112 Series which he said in sound quality and effective sound pressure are superior to others Ones in that price range. Has anyone tried those ?
    Michael

Why does the Kemper User Board/Software team seem rather inept? Do they need to hire more programmers or personnel? When I purchased my KPA I was told of a totally new standard of digital processing/profiling capability, but I am starting to get the feeling of a rather shaky company who has not firmly planted their feet on the ground yet - As an 'investor', I have a limited amount of time to make a decision (30 days to be exact) on the promises fulfilled. Dear Kemper: Please do not expect serious players to hang on your promises for long without seeing all the goods promised.

Radley you should be a bit patient with a "Start up" company.They are neither Fender nor Line 6 having this amount of man power etc. b - ut still put the most remarkable peace of Guitar equipment on the market since the invention of tube amps. And regarding all this not yet resolved technical software difficulties. What should all that Millions of professional Microsoft user say that had to use a totally bug software over a whole decade. :P
    For me this little peace is still just amazing and safe me a lot of heavy weight to carry by giving me more flexibility I ever had. I own the Kemper since three weeks now and had no crash at all, use a midi controller and I am waiting for all the nice things to come as performance mode, Footswitch and so on

Hi All
    I have the Kemper now for two weeks and i am still impressed. Unfortunately I had sold my lovely Valvetech Vac 25 shortly before I bought the Kemper. Actually I had already decided for another lightweight, portable and flexible solution for gigging and playing in two bands acoustic and electric guitar - but then i discovered the Kemper. In the Moment I use the Kemper with a small lightweight SR Mon-x active monitor (maybe not the final solution, planning to use it with an additional passive larger PA box, as some depth is missing due to only 8" speaker, just haven't tried it so far). I play in Ska influenced Band and a Latin/ Salsa Band. For rhythm guitars and some solo stuff the kemper is fantastic. Anyway I not really manged to get some good Santana (Dumble) like solo sound out of the box yet and also I am not yet succeed in some good presets for my Nylon (Piezo) and Steel string (B-Band) acoustics.
    It would be a pleasure, if someone have some good rigs / presets for acoustic guitars and Santana like sounds ?
    Moreover I would appreciate if someone got a Valvetech Cac 25 Thunderbold and could profile it. (I will certainly buy one again if some money is back in my pocket...)

Just to add some final words about the Ones complaining about the Kemper. The Kemper ( as an Axe as well) will never replace the driving feel of a good Tube amp but its a wonderful lightweight, portable and flexible solution.
    All the best :thumbup:
    Michael

I agree to all suggestions, this would help us all to get through this increasing amounts of profile. In addition there should be a main tag to seperate "pure amp" profiles and Rigs that include effects to achieve a specific sound. As images I would like to see some orginal Amp pictures.
    Rating is definitly an important feature, just to select the best different profiles of an amp.