Posts by jeddie

Good to know it's the same. I have no problems with it at all so I think I'm going to wait to update. My kemper has yet to crash so I don't really see the point in updating. I noticed some very minor latency issues with some earlier firmwares, but 1.06 seems great. I still notice rig specific latencies with 1.06, but I think that has to do with the way the profiles were made.

I'm confused, because I thought 1.07 said there were latency and noise gate updates. So there aren't any from 1.06 to 1.07?

1.06 already had the changes in latency and noise gate.

CK

Come on you have to do a little work and search the profile database for what you want. You can't just judge this device on the factory presets. In fact I just cleaned my device and I think I deleted all the factory presets. This device is so easy that if it sounds muffled you just turn up the treble and presence. I like the raw amp sound, but I do see where you could get a "mastered" sound as well. Download the bogner xtacy profile or the marshall golub or the 5150 profiles. Get the tills cabinets etc etc. Do some due diligence!

I think you can profile a distortion pedal as an amp block, but you can't profile it as an effect to be used with an amp block. You can't change the microphone placement on the amp mic block like mentioned below, but you can profile multiple cab microphone combo blocks. Also, you can extract your cabinet/microphone block. Tills has supplied a ton of mic cab blocks and they are more than sufficient. You also have a choice of many more. One thing I have noticed is a profile either works or it doesn't. Some people are really good at profiling their amps and some aren't. You have to sort through and find the best and then maybe change the cabinet or tweak from there. If you tweak too much though the amp will sound fake. What is weird to me is that some profiles sound better than the actual amps and other profiles sounds like a cheap old modeler. Like I said I think it's the method used to profile. Once you find a few amps you like that's really all you need. I mean honestly nobody needs 500 amps. I weeded mine down and still have way to many. Tweaking takes a matter of seconds so don't worry about finding what you like. Anyways, hope you enjoy your kemper when you get it.

Haven't tried the definition, but I just tried it and it seems to help a little. Maybe good for the profiles that are slightly muffled. Thanks!

I'm like a super sick guy so I haven't really had much time to play with my kemper. Most days just don't feel like it, but man I'm on fire today. This is the best purchase I've ever made. I really wanted to get one of those 5150s, but with the tweaked profile there's no point.

Coolio! Thanks Guys! It's not just me then. I guess that's the game, but wow that's a lot of tweaking of the presence and treble to get it up to what I like. Yep I like in your face modern, but sometimes i like that muddled for some power chords(dual rectifier growl)

I almost always have to adjust the presence and treble on a lot of profiles. Is this normal? Not all are like this, but theres quite a few that sound muffled. Example I'm on the Greg Allen Budda and they are all muffled. I have to turn the treble and presence full to get them to sound right. I'm using alnico 2 pickups. Do you think it has to do with the pickups he profiled with?

I'm going through my rigs and deleting the ones I don't like. I tried doing a backup of my rigs and it doesn't overwrite the shared folder. Does anyone know if the export function will overwrite the folder or does it just add to it? I hope I'm not confusing this... I just need to overwrite my shared folder on my usb drive with my profiles on my kemper. I'd prefer not to delete them from the USB and then do the backup.

Yeah, I would sell my amps, but you may want to wait and see if it meets your needs. Enough of the profiles sound real enough to make it pointless to have a "real" amp. Sometimes I have to change the cabinets around and tweak, but I can usually get in the realm of realism. I actually sometimes like the kemper feel better than my real amps. For example I had a afd100 and the kemper feels better and is more tweakable than the actual amp. This amp is a one trick pony, but the profile is not!

Thanks! Quick question if you don't mind. The DI box is connected to the speaker out of the amp and then goes to the kemper? Is the DI Box a certain ohm as to not damage the amp or does it matter whether it has an ohm rating? I know the palmer box has ohm ratings so that you don't damage the amp.